NHL'94 Forums

Weird RA Pause during play

aqualizard

Hi there,

I use a fat GENs 3 button with a RetroUSB adapter.  I notice that sometimes, albeit rarely, I get this weird glitch:

1. I am going to one time it
2. just before the one time happens, but after I have pressed the C button, it pauses

And when I say pauses, I mean RA suddenly shows the menu, and the game is totally halted.  Then I have to navigate to "Resume Game" and all flow  is lost.  (And I when I resume, I am too sheepish to do anything but dump the puck, if I can, but sometimes the already registered one timer goes through, creating anger and confusion from my opponent, lol.)

Does anyone else experience this? 

It is rare. Probably 1x per 10 or so games.

I think when I am mashing buttons, some weird combo (like D-pad down, B and C at same time, for a split second) short circuits RA and it thinks I have used a keyboard shortcut.  On this note, there is 0% chance I am hitting my keyboard.  It is on a chair 2 feet away when I play.

Thoughts?

If it helps, on a 6 button, holding Mode and pressing start at the same time brings up that menu. So maybe there's some combination in a 3 button. Takes some digging tho

20 hours ago, aqualizard said:

Hi there,

I use a fat GENs 3 button with a RetroUSB adapter.  I notice that sometimes, albeit rarely, I get this weird glitch:

1. I am going to one time it
2. just before the one time happens, but after I have pressed the C button, it pauses

And when I say pauses, I mean RA suddenly shows the menu, and the game is totally halted.  Then I have to navigate to "Resume Game" and all flow  is lost.  (And I when I resume, I am too sheepish to do anything but dump the puck, if I can, but sometimes the already registered one timer goes through, creating anger and confusion from my opponent, lol.)

Does anyone else experience this? 

It is rare. Probably 1x per 10 or so games.

I think when I am mashing buttons, some weird combo (like D-pad down, B and C at same time, for a split second) short circuits RA and it thinks I have used a keyboard shortcut.  On this note, there is 0% chance I am hitting my keyboard.  It is on a chair 2 feet away when I play.

Thoughts?

Look under Settings-Input-Input Hotkey Binds and theres a hotkey combo for Toggle Menu. It could be a combination of your buttons, Set it to none.

• Thanks 1