NHL'94 Forums

The World Championships Series

von Ozbourne

Alright. Just resurrecting this thread to note that in light of the widescreen patch, I decided to make an IIHF 99 Widescreen Edition.

wideload.gif

It's pretty nice and does help the game play look like an upgrade to match all of the graphical changes I tried to do in this version. I will mention that one drawback is in the drawing of player sprites. I noticed that the players seemed to blink out when they get too close to the edge of the screen. I think it has to do with the way the patch works in that the background displays at the wider resolution, but the player sprites are unloaded from memory when they reach edge of the original display area. Given the trade off, I kept both versions.
Version 1.1 has fixed this. And it looks great.

There is another change to this version however, with the addition of the puck collision data for the full series of Genesis games, this widescreen edition also features a closer tolerance to the board and net sprites. Not too drastic, just going from a 0005 to a 0002. Not that the '98 engine needs any help in making it more difficult to score, but I like the slightly closer bounce off the boards.

Also copied to the main post.

Edited by von Ozbourme
  • Thanks 1

Apparently art is never completed, just abandoned. ...and then picked back up later on.

UPDATE: Version features corrected the bench players, so they wear the same uniforms as the guys on the ice. 
And also up in the original old post.

IIHF Hockey (91) F3.binIIHF Hockey 92 F3.bin

Edited by von Ozbourne
  • Thanks 1