NHL'94 Forums

Most NHL '94 like title for Game Gear/Game Boy Advance? (Everdrive-GBA X5 Mini)

I recently got the EverDrive-GBA X5 Mini flash cart for Game Boy Advance, and note that it can emulate Game Gear, NES, GBA, GBC, Sega Master System and, obviously, Game Boy Advance titles. Taking this selection into account, which title would be the best choice in order to get something similar to the Sega Genesis NHL '94 experience on my GBA? I have two options in mind: NHL 2002, a GBA title which is supposedly a port of NHL '96 for the SNES, and NHL Hockey for the Game Gear, "unrelated to the Mega Drive game with the same name, instead taking design cues primarily from one of the sequels, NHL '95". There's also a Game Gear title known as Championship Hockey, a Game Boy Advance title known as NHL Hitz 2003, and obviously plenty of GBC and NES titles, but I doubt any of those come close.

Judging from YouTube gameplay videos, NHL 2002 (GBA) and NHL Hockey (GG) would seem to be the closest relatives of NHL '94, but I was wondering if you have any thoughts on the subject. Thank you!

Edit: seems like there's a project to emulate SNES on the Everdrive-GBA. That would probably mean I could play NHL '94, the SNES version, on it, too.

Edited by Svante

Pro Sport Hockey [released in Japan as USA Ice Hockey] is an NHLPA '93-like game developed by TOSE for the NES. Supposedly has more realism regarding plays, but I should note that it did not review well and I haven't looked at it much myself.

• Thanks 1