NHL'94 Forums

UltraMagnus

Hello Fellow Members!!!

Im creating this post as Ive offically cracked the vast majoirty of SEGA sport roms as well as some other systems. Im looking to create some new material for the following sport games.

• Madden 91, 92, 93 and 98 -- Rosters, Teams, some grpahics -- SEGA
  • NHL95 -- Everything -- SEGA
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 1, 2, 3 -- Rosters, Banners, Grpahics, Teams -- SEGA
  • World Series Baseball -- Logos, Stats, players, teams -- SEGA
  • Triple Play Baseball -- Rosters, Stats -- SEGA 
  • FIFA Soccer -- Rosters, Logos, Teams -- SEGA
  • College Football National Championship -- Teams, Info, Logos -- SEGA
  • NBA Jam TE - Logos, Rosters, Ratings -- SEGA
  • NFL Blitz -- Graphics, Logos, Teams, Players -- N64
  • Others if requested.

Ive already begun some preliminary talks with @segathon to create a custom rom for their tournaments. So, if you have anything your looking for please message me and we can go from there.

• Like 2

TSB - college (top team version, fbs conference versions, fcs top team version, conference versions), cfl

nhl 95 - Whl, ohl, qmjhl, ncaa (conference and top 30 version), Champions Hockey League (separate Europe leagues too), KHL, AHL, Echl, sphl. Canada jr a leagues?

World Series baseball - ncaa(top 30 and conference version), NPB and minor leagues?

Nba jam TE - ncaa (top teams and conference versions), euro league (top and country league versions), other international if I can think of any.

fifa - Uefa champions and Europa league edition, World Cup edition, concacaf (mls, liga Mx, USL championship, CanPL), probably a lot of others to think about too.

I know a lot but just a bunch of ideas that came to my head

Edited by dunkle93
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HITTER42 said:

To me if you could update these it would be BEYOND incredible. 

0BDC38B7-7901-4836-90A0-09BD50A47BD4.jpeg

Agree on both of those! Triple Play also, and,  this may sound sacrilegious to some, but I would love to see updates to NHL98 someday, if possible. I love the sprites and animation on the latter NHL offerings on Genesis.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Ive already begun some preliminary talks with @segathon to create a custom rom for their tournaments. So, if you have anything your looking for please message me and we can go from there.

To be honest, once I've completed the Genesis NHL series, [and unless someone smarter than me cracks NHL99 for N64] I'm actually more interested in diving into some of those myself. Any plans on releasing some tutorial material or road maps for the code?

Ill be releasing manuals for all the games to help with some other people wanting to put their own spin on it. Plus, Ill included the editors, and images to help start them off. I know that it took me some time to do alot of these, but it would be easier from someone else with them.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys I have a mod request that if actually done, would be kinda mind blowing. I've been working on various hardware mods on the genesis and have come across tons of info from various sites on the graphical output of the system and the games. Even though the system outputs 240p, it can also out put 480i. This is demonstrated in sonic and knuckles for split screen. BUT the image is squished into 4/3 even though if displayed correctly would be sorta a 16/9 but vertically.

I was thinking it may actually be possible to display NHL94 or any of them in 480i and also edit the resolution output of the rom to correlate. Theoretically this could display 2/3rds of the arena, as the full length of the live rendered game is about 3 full screens. So you would still get some scrolling near the net. This would open the game up considerably, allowing to see way beyond the blue line. Also it would frankly look better as the sprites look so blocky when they are blown up on a 40+ inch HDTV. This would make for a better looking/playing game.

The reason I think its worth trying is that the full game is rendered when playing, and there is a ton of vertical scroll / display options in addition the the 480i configuration when you get into the different register settings. This could open up so many other vintage games if possible.

Mick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Micklberry said:

Hey guys I have a mod request that if actually done, would be kinda mind blowing. I've been working on various hardware mods on the genesis and have come across tons of info from various sites on the graphical output of the system and the games. Even though the system outputs 240p, it can also out put 480i. This is demonstrated in sonic and knuckles for split screen. BUT the image is squished into 4/3 even though if displayed correctly would be sorta a 16/9 but vertically.

I was thinking it may actually be possible to display NHL94 or any of them in 480i and also edit the resolution output of the rom to correlate. Theoretically this could display 2/3rds of the arena, as the full length of the live rendered game is about 3 full screens. So you would still get some scrolling near the net. This would open the game up considerably, allowing to see way beyond the blue line. Also it would frankly look better as the sprites look so blocky when they are blown up on a 40+ inch HDTV. This would make for a better looking/playing game.

The reason I think its worth trying is that the full game is rendered when playing, and there is a ton of vertical scroll / display options in addition the the 480i configuration when you get into the different register settings. This could open up so many other vintage games if possible.

Mick

Interesting.. I suppose if this actually worked it would be neat on an emulator where you could stretch the screen to get the proper aspect ratio.

https://www.hdretrovision.com/blog/2017/1/18/genesis-games-in-480i-too

So you'd probably look through a trace of the game for where it accesses $C00004 and change the data written there, probably to $8C83

NHL- I would like to see a 30 team ROM with the best teams in CHL history (Canadian Hockey League to clarify) cause those teams in Canadian cities are a huge deal (I am from Kitchener home of the OHJL's Rangers which haved churned out great talent like Paul Coffey, Larry Robinson, Al MacInnis and even in todays league as u got Landeskog, John Gibson and even Kubalik being ex-Rangers)

MLB, NBA- Any ROM to do with All-Time Teams is great (I am aware that NHL and NFL have some All Time Team ROMS so basically im not requesting that

If you could do an updated roster/ graphics for either Triple Play game, I'd be very grateful! I can't even find a good dump of those 2 games. They all are messed up when you try and play a season. 

5 hours ago, mack said:

If you could do an updated roster/ graphics for either Triple Play game, I'd be very grateful! I can't even find a good dump of those 2 games. They all are messed up when you try and play a season. 

Yeah. The version I have as long as you are using RetroArch with a MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX) it will initialize the game as if it had the battery backup. Allowing you to start a clean season from scratch and all the rosters updated. I'll be adding the updated rosters and stats for this upcoming season.

Ive attached my 2020 version below, but its just the roster names that I changed. This years is going to have the stats updated and Im working on the banners.

Triple Play Baseball '20.zip

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Cutter said:

NHL- I would like to see a 30 team ROM with the best teams in CHL history (Canadian Hockey League to clarify) cause those teams in Canadian cities are a huge deal (I am from Kitchener home of the OHJL's Rangers which haved churned out great talent like Paul Coffey, Larry Robinson, Al MacInnis and even in todays league as u got Landeskog, John Gibson and even Kubalik being ex-Rangers)

MLB, NBA- Any ROM to do with All-Time Teams is great (I am aware that NHL and NFL have some All Time Team ROMS so basically im not requesting that

Ill definitely do the CHL historic rom. Im originally from Montreal, and now in Mississauga so Im getting used to all the CHL teams.

MLB great would be in the World Series Rom or the Triple PLay?

NBA - This is going to happen, but might be a longer-down-the-road. I came across another rom Im wanting to dive into @Engelby77 presented to me (NBA Action '95). Its like NFL Primetime/NFL98. Which will give me a new project to jump into instead of NBA Live all the time.

• Love 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, waynehigh said:

Coach K college Basketball with U of Dayton, Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball, ESPN National Hockey Night, Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest, Madden Football 64

Coach K is one that I've been working on for a little while. Espn hockey I will also and Madden N64 is almost done. 

On 1/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Ill definitely do the CHL historic rom. Im originally from Montreal, and now in Mississauga so Im getting used to all the CHL teams.

MLB great would be in the World Series Rom or the Triple PLay?

NBA - This is going to happen, but might be a longer-down-the-road. I came across another rom Im wanting to dive into @Engelby77 presented to me (NBA Action '95). Its like NFL Primetime/NFL98. Which will give me a new project to jump into instead of NBA Live all the time.

Triple Play would be perferred for MLB but if its WOrld Series... not going to complain

NBA- Yeah NBA Action for that project would be suffice

Evidently, if u need help with the CHL project for rosters, let me know

22 hours ago, Tabs3121 said:

Amazing!

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

Triple Play would be perferred for MLB but if its WOrld Series... not going to complain

NBA- Yeah NBA Action for that project would be suffice

Evidently, if u need help with the CHL project for rosters, let me know

Yeah if you can help with the CHL rosters that would be amazing. I actually prefer doing all the graphics as I have a different thought of how things should or could look. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:24 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Hello Fellow Members!!!

Im creating this post as Ive offically cracked the vast majoirty of SEGA sport roms as well as some other systems. Im looking to create some new material for the following sport games.

• Madden 91, 92, 93 and 98 -- Rosters, Teams, some grpahics -- SEGA
  • NHL95 -- Everything -- SEGA
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 1, 2, 3 -- Rosters, Banners, Grpahics, Teams -- SEGA
  • World Series Baseball -- Logos, Stats, players, teams -- SEGA
  • FIFA Soccer -- Rosters, Logos, Teams -- SEGA
  • College Football National Championship -- Teams, Info, Logos -- SEGA
  • NBA Jam TE - Logos, Rosters, Ratings -- SEGA
  • NFL Blitz -- Graphics, Logos, Teams, Players -- N64
  • Others if requested.

for Fifa with the Ligue 1 Uber Eats and Ligue 2 BKT

fir nhl 95, try Ligue Magnus and division 1 and f1 champions editions