NHL'94 Forums

UltraMagnus

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, dunkle93 said:

Would you be able to do Ken Griffey’s winning run? It has all 30 teams with through cheat codes which I did and really good game

A friend of mine did this a couple of seasons ago. You can trade players to update the rosters yourself to this season.

Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run 2016.smc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, dunkle93 said:

Would you be able to do Ken Griffey’s winning run? It has all 30 teams with through cheat codes which I did and really good game

I want to see this request, and have all 30 Teams instead of just 28. It would be hard to do and take a lot of time, (Plus the Spinning Logo animations would likely have to be re-rendered) but I want to see it happen. If you want I can help, though I don't know much about programming and am more interested in spritework

On 8/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, PlazmaCube said:

I want to see this request, and have all 30 Teams instead of just 28. It would be hard to do and take a lot of time, (Plus the Spinning Logo animations would likely have to be re-rendered) but I want to see it happen. If you want I can help, though I don't know much about programming and am more interested in spritework

UPDATE: Actually I looked into it. The Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks actually exist as teams in game, and are currently in playable form. If you complete a season and then input the code: A, B, X, Y, Up, Down, Select, on the Title Screen, 4 Hidden Teams are available to the player. This makes a 30 team ROM incredibly easy to achieve, it'll just require making the 2 hidden teams available from the get-go, as well as some general clean ups and stuff. If you want proof of these existing, you can access them easily on Game Genie witht the code: DC6E-4F03 (Go to the team select Menu and press down below Blue Jays.) I looked for a long time and I cannot find any footage of a complete season with the unlocked teams on YouTube, so I don't know if it's completely true, but we do know the 2 missing teams do exist in game and in playable form.

EDIT: There is no concrete evidence of the Hidden Teams unlocking upon completing a full 162 Game Season. There are multiple sources claiming such, but no images/footage exists of such a thing occuring. The teams are confirmed to exist, as using a Game Genie does indeed grant access to seeing them. The teams do exist, it's just whether you can access them in-game is questionable. Just figured I'd clarify.

Edited by PlazmaCube
Minor innacurracy

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought it would be really cool to see a Canadian Junior A (one step below CHL) mod of NHL 95. You could do a mod that features the top 30 teams from across Canada, or you could even do one with leagues from the west and another with leagues from the east. There's a lot of untapped potential here, CHL gets all the attention but these smaller leagues are often the lifeblood of many small towns in Canada, especially in the prairies. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A relatively small idea I've thought about would be to fix a couple of things in NHL 96. Mainly I'd like to see the Nordiques replaced by the Avalanche as they were during that actual season. Also, it kinda bugs me that Boston is listed as "Bruins" on the team select screen when all the other teams use their location.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see an updated version of NHL 98 with all 32 teams playable in season mode. I believe you have stated you were working on an update of it but I'd thought I would chime in.  I've tried the newest NHL 95 and love it.  Keep up the good work! 

I know someone already working on something similar, but I want to see Tecmo Super Bowl III on SNES have a 32 Team ROM Hack, with 18 Week Seasons and 7-Seed Playoffs.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Deckard said:

Genesis NHL 96 updated with 97 rosters and stats would be great

Curious. You just want the rosters copied over? That's relatively easy to do in NOSE, but what about the artwork?
Also 96 still has Quebec and Winnipeg in it, while 97 has them in Colorado/Phoenix. [although I prefer the former anyway] 96 also would be lacking the All-Star teams, but the menu presentation is a lot cleaner and nicer to look at.
[Which is mostly why I typically I just skip it an go from 96 to 98]

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, von Ozbourme said:

Curious. You just want the rosters copied over? That's relatively easy to do in NOSE, but what about the artwork?
Also 96 still has Quebec and Winnipeg in it, while 97 has them in Colorado/Phoenix. [although I prefer the former anyway] 96 also would be lacking the All-Star teams, but the menu presentation is a lot cleaner and nicer to look at.
[Which is mostly why I typically I just skip it an go from 96 to 98]

Yes, I like 97 rosters but I prefer 96 gameplay. Let's say that I'd like to play 96 like It was "1996 palyoff rom", not 1995, so just copy the all rosters and Colorado artwork, keeping Winnipeg, would work for me. Unfortunately I'm absolutely a technoob so I can't do it myself...

Edited by Deckard

7 hours ago, Deckard said:

Unfortunately I'm absolutely a technoob so I can't do it myself...

Ah. Yeah that's fine, we all start somewhere.
To be fair, I find that the 96-98 games are a lot more complicated than the 92-95 ones anyway, so you don't want to start learning there.

Unfortunately we don't have any A-level hackers around here who find cracking open 96-98 - like others have done with 93-95 - to be as worthwhile, but at least an art swap like that is attainable.

• Thanks 1

Well another crazy idea of mine... Genesis' NBA Live 95 "Playoffs Edition". The game only allow trades in season mode and you can only trade players from the starting 5... so it's mostly useless. Also there's no Barkley in Phoenix for license issues (no Jordan wearing 45 either) and many rookies are missing, so there's no way to fix the rosters with in-game options.

Edited by Deckard

13 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

That is actually an easy fix. 

Really? I thought it wasn't possible because I haven't seen any mods/patches for Genesis' version, only for PC