NHL'94 Forums

UltraMagnus

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, GameHead said:

Hell... I'd be really happy with a fix for ea hockey (eur) so the usa team and yugoslavian team are available to play a tournament with..for starters....

There's an edit for that on in a couple of threads I believe.

Pardon me if it's easier to drop this here than to relocate it.

92 - EA Hockey (E)+Teams.bin

with all the NHL deaths happening, someone should use the original 94 teams and make a hack of nothing but NHL players who have passed away. Sort of a memorial and tribute to the contribution to the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the NCAA roms (Sean, JKline3, UltraMagnus, & I apologize to others I did not mention). Is it possible to make an NCAA rom (NHL95) using individual conferences/leagues - such as Hockey East, Atlantic Hockey, CCHA, NCHC, ECAC, the Independents mixed in somehow (maybe with major recreation/club teams) or (use them as non-conference games to fill the schedule), and that has only a 30-something (34,36,38) game schedule like colleges have? Or, just a 20-something conference only schedule. I know you can "end season after today", but it would likely mess up the number of teams you play and how many times, right? Or, would creating a 7 (Big Ten) or 11-team (Hockey East) tournament at the end cause problems?

If possible, It would allow for playing a full 30-something game season in, for example, Hockey East, then having a Hockey East Conference Tournament at the end. 

I put a lot there. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks.

2 hours ago, AndrewB said:

I really like the NCAA roms (Sean, JKline3, UltraMagnus, & I apologize to others I did not mention). Is it possible to make an NCAA rom (NHL95) using individual conferences/leagues - such as Hockey East, Atlantic Hockey, CCHA, NCHC, ECAC, the Independents mixed in somehow (maybe with major recreation/club teams) or (use them as non-conference games to fill the schedule), and that has only a 30-something (34,36,38) game schedule like colleges have? Or, just a 20-something conference only schedule. I know you can "end season after today", but it would likely mess up the number of teams you play and how many times, right? Or, would creating a 7 (Big Ten) or 11-team (Hockey East) tournament at the end cause problems?

If possible, It would allow for playing a full 30-something game season in, for example, Hockey East, then having a Hockey East Conference Tournament at the end. 

I put a lot there. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks.

All can be done pretty easily. Bit your limited to 26 teams for the season mode. 

8 hours ago, BlueJacketRebel said:

isn't there already a NCAA rom for 95?

Yes, there is. NCAA'21 (95) by UltraMagnus. And it's great, don't get me wrong.

Pardon the simple description of his rom... it consists of the "best teams" in the NCAA throughout the U.S. and it has an 84-game schedule. Which is good, but just not. ummm. as realistic as some might like.

Thus, my mod request.

Sorry to anyone and everyone involved on the before mentioned NCAA'21 (95) and/or the Alternative Banners version, I tried to keep my post simple in my reply and in NO WAY meant to take away all that worked on it or any other NCAA rom. Or if I improperly credited names to that particular rom. I'm sure I made mistakes in my haste to reply.

5 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Yes, there is. NCAA'21 (95) by UltraMagnus. And it's great, don't get me wrong.

Pardon the simple description of his rom... it consists of the "best teams" in the NCAA throughout the U.S. and it has an 84-game schedule. Which is good, but just not. ummm. as realistic as some might like.

Thus, my mod request.

Well I can do that season mode length. As long as someone provides the division breakdown they want. 

6 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

Well I can do that season mode length. As long as someone provides the division breakdown they want. 

That's a lot of pressure to put on me.

I'd like others' input, too, but what about the 12 teams from the ECAC and the 11 from Hockey East? It would be the better (or better known) east coast schools. It could turn into an ECAC bracket champion (NHL Western) going against Hockey East (NHL Eastern) bracket champion - getting an East champion (Cup Finals) overall.

You're the expert on who plays who and how many times, etc. so...

I'm just throwing out ideas here.

8 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

That's a lot of pressure to put on me.

I'd like others' input, too, but what about the 12 teams from the ECAC and the 11 from Hockey East? It would be the better (or better known) east coast schools. It could turn into an ECAC bracket champion (NHL Western) going against Hockey East (NHL Eastern) bracket champion - getting an East champion (Cup Finals) overall.

You're the expert on who plays who and how many times, etc. so...

I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Well that's why when people ask for mods. Only saying which one they want. Is a little vague. Details and look get you more attention 

12 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

Well that's why when people ask for mods. Only saying which one they want. Is a little vague. Details and look get you more attention 

Okay, then. That's my first detail-filled request... ECAC plus Hockey East, etc etc. Much appreciation if you want to give it a try. Let's see if it gets some love!

Thanks if you take this on.

Oh, boy. In responding to Sean's post about his college rom... I just thought about the ACHA and all the possibilities with that.

I'm not sure how available all the stats and data are/is. But, without a lot of detail, as you prefer, let me just say ACHA for an NHL95 rom.

6 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Oh, boy. In responding to Sean's post about his college rom... I just thought about the ACHA and all the possibilities with that.

I'm not sure how available all the stats and data are/is. But, without a lot of detail, as you prefer, let me just say ACHA for an NHL95 rom.

Sure. Also we have an online 95 community for leagues too

@UltraMagnus ultimately i've found myself playing a lot your CHL '21 (95) rom...

Since i've came across the 100 points bug in season mode, and I've read here that it can be fixed (as has been done in the nhl 23 edition), could you explain me how to do it on the CHL rom too?

Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m on my phone so I’m having a hard time looking for it, but has anyone done an NHL ‘94 ROM edit themed around the All Star Game? Maybe each team can be a different year in history, or each game’s winner? It would be fun to see the jerseys, all those bright colors!