NHL'94 Forums

UltraMagnus

Hello Blitz Fans!!!

Pleased to introduce NFL Blitz 2K21 for the N64.

• New updated rosters as of WildCard weekend - January 9th, 2021 through Ourlads.
  • Addition of the Houston Texans.
  • Updated Screens and Ratings.
  • Plus, DIY file below to create your own Blitzmania (All required programs included, plus a Step-by-Step user guide)

NFL Blitz 2021.png

NFL Blitz 2K21.z64 NFL BLITZ Step-by-Step.docx Blitz Modding.zip

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Nice! Very nice indeed!!! I saw your nfl blitz 2020 mod a couple weeks ago and was wanting to join the site just to ask if you could make a updated roster for the upcoming NFL playoffs. I finally got around to joining this morning and to my pleasant surprise I saw this new topic on the side bar. Just wanted to say thanks for this and also thanks for keeping the blitz name going. I will be playing this with my buddies today having lots of fun.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

I've started actually looking into this today. 

Are you even human?:D Thanks for all the content!
As far as I know, PS1 hacking is kind of a burden due to the sizes expected for each iso, that's why hacks and fantranslations of PS1 games are not as common, if it wasn't the case I'm sure there would have been updated rosters for the EA sport games on there already.
On romhacking dot net, there's a guy working on updating the roster for PS1 NBA Jam, so it's possible, just messy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 3:27 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Its not too messy. Its more time consuming since it takes alot of time finding specific things to change. I did a Madden 01/02 version 2 years ago. As well as a version NHL 02 as well. 

I'd like to try out the NHL 2002 version.

@UltraMagnus I made a two editions of the soundtrack for NFL Blitz 2K21 One is on Spotify and one is one youtube. I bassicly added songs to the game that sounds like it fits for it. My favorite music genere is new jack swing. Bassiclly I was careful on what to add to the soundtrack to pick the best ones that fit for the game. I was mad that some of these songs were not on spotify So thats why I made a bonus soundtrack on youtube
So turns out its probably the first time I made two soundtracks for a modded video game. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3DZIoLOWpapXUim5chj0VH and this one https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLryftroY7gg-jBYzOZSEOtEzqC4_LMJWI

Also I make soundtracks for other modded sports games too. Anyway here are my pc specs 

Intel Core I7 10700K 5.0 GHZ 8 Cores 16 threads
MSI H410-A PRO
HYPER 212 Black Edition Heatsink 
GTX 1070 zotac 8gb
G Skill Ripjaws 16 gb DDR4 3600 mhz
2TB hard drive Seagate Barcuda
500 Watt power supply

I also use ethernet. I have 460 mbps. Also a 4k tv that supports 120hz for 1080p.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

@UltraMagnus This is great! I found a problem. I changed Colts QB Rivers to Wentz and now the game freezes whenever your opponent is the Giants. I'm pretty sure I'm following all the instructions right, using the Roster Manager on the zoinkity patched ROM. Any idea what's going on?

@UltraMagnus I found a strange bug or possibly a user error when updating the roster. It seems after following the steps (for example to replace Rivers with Wentz) everything works fine, except only when your opponent is the NY Giants, the game will freeze at the Midway logo and not start the game. Any idea what's going on?

I'm getting some inconsistent results. Sometimes it loads and sometimes not. It seems to never work with my Season save file. Maybe it's an issue with the NY Giants and/or Grass Field on Night Stadium/Old Night Stadium. It freezes in this scenario sometimes even without the roster edit.

@UltraMagnus After some extensive testing, I have a file that works, but I'm not sure what causes the problem with your version.

I used the Big Endian Blitz 2000 Rev A rom and applied the zoinkity bps patch. This has the Texans. I then used the roster manager to import your roster from a saved xml file. Then I inserted the 3 graphics files blitztit, blitzlog, and nf_bg. I do see you have the file saved as nfbg, but I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my ROM with either name. I'm not sure what the issue is, but the file you included here has a defect with some teams playing against the NY Giants.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, nhl4534 said:

@UltraMagnus After some extensive testing, I have a file that works, but I'm not sure what causes the problem with your version.

I used the Big Endian Blitz 2000 Rev A rom and applied the zoinkity bps patch. This has the Texans. I then used the roster manager to import your roster from a saved xml file. Then I inserted the 3 graphics files blitztit, blitzlog, and nf_bg. I do see you have the file saved as nfbg, but I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my ROM with either name. I'm not sure what the issue is, but the file you included here has a defect with some teams playing against the NY Giants.

That's great. Would you be able to send me your version and I can see where potentially I did something or left something out.

I've replaced Redskins with Washington Football team graphics and updating a few other city name changes. Matched the Texans helmet to the others as well. Not done with my graphics changes. Nothing is broken so far.

Edited by nhl4534
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey! I have been playing this game a bunch! Amazing, also the changes made by nhl4534 in his version are nice details.

I was curious as we get closer to the NFL season-- is there gonna be another update with the exact rosters for each team? Also is there away to make the seasons mode the exact schedule of the teams for this year?

Thanks!! - Henry