NHL'94 Forums

SNES tile pattern TLP?

SirPurr3

Hi guys. I’ve been modding TSB3 for about a year now and I’ve gotten into the graphics, first time doing graphics at all. This question is about the graphics in general. I use tile layer pro. Is there an easy way to line up the graphics? I read that Sega has a pattern like each tile goes over so many places then the next tile moves over and so on. I’ve done some logos already just want to know if there’s an easier way of doing this or a better editor. Also thanks for letting us football fans join your hockey site! 

@UltraMagnuscool I’ll get that and try it. I’ve found pretty much everything. Helmet logos, end zone logos, mini helmets, cut scenes, plays, team names, etc. The end zone logos are a pain to line up. I’m turning the Browns into the Ravens and doing a ‘98 version w/ Oilers and Ravens. Trying to put a Ravens logo on the end zone helmet logo which were the browns helmets. Already turned the end zone and helmets black now just need the logos. 

@SirPurr3 Can you take a screen shot for me to see. There is a few adjustments you need to make when starting the program. Here are the steps I use to get GENS roms going.

• 1. Open the program, and select open. 

image.png

• 2. If you dont see your rom after finding your folder. select ALL FILES

image.png

• 3. Once you find it open the file and your screen should look like this or in color.

image.png

4. Next, click on VIEW and hover over CODEC. In GENS roms the best setting is 4bpp

image.png

At this point you will need to locate your images and pull your palette from the rom. If you need help on that. Let me know and I can create another quick thing like this.

Hope this helps you getting going.

@UltraMagnus I got it working, I installed win 10 awhile ago and I didn't have Java. So this is Cin and Cle end zones. I tried to pull the palette by going to palette> import from> this file. turned the location to a decimal. I don't think I have the right location because the colors were still off. One thing I would like to do is change the helmets like the updated ones in the pic to college teams. Did he get a photo of the logos save them as a bitmap then paste them onto the helmets?

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg