NHL'94 Forums

[Help Me] Finishing the last details of UEFA Champions League 2021 (J-League Pro Striker 2 Hack)

Hi all,

I am currently working on my latest project "UEFA Champions League 2021", a hack from J-League Pro Striker 2.
As many of you know, the original game was released only in Japan, so almost the full game is in Japanese.
I am having a hard time adapting some screens from original Japanese Kanji to Spanish because of the limitation of characters.
But this is not the big issue. The main problem that's happening in a couple of screens (maybe three or four), is the "forced" tile orders or tile patterns those Kanji have.
I understand that because it is pointless to repeat the same tile on and on and it is a good idea to save ROM space.

Below an example:

Ciudades Todos.png

These tiles belong to the Game's Ending, when every result of your League's matches is displayed before the final credits. As you can see, tiles for the names of the team's cities are all together,
but if we check the game...

Resultados Japonés.png

ISSUES:

1. Kashima is using the same tiles than Hiroshima because it needs the Shima Kanji.
2. Yokohama Marinos and Yokohama Flugels are sharing the Yokohama Kanji
3. The programmed separation (spaces) between Kanji "syllables"

As a consequence, in order to use a tile that isn't used more than once, the result is not very visual and attractive at all:

Resultado Español.png

With the exception of Real Madrid (Initials R.MAD because Nagoya has three Kanji Syllables with no spaces between), the rest aesthetically is hard to watch (the idea of the initials works somewhere else in the game, but not in this screen).
BOR- Borussia Dortmund
RBL- Red Bull Leipzig
BMG- Borussia Mönchengladbach
CHE- Chelsea
FCB- Fútbol Club Barcelona
BAY- Bayern Munich
PSG- Paris Saint-Germain
LIV-  Liverpool
ATM- Atlético Madrid
MCI- Manchester City

So that's the question: Is there any way to avoid these orders where these spaces between characters are programmed and manipulate these tile patterns?

By the way, if you are interested in the hack, I share a link:

Thanks in advance,

TA Marcos Translations