NHL'94 Forums

All-Time Greatest Team Rosters Release

kidswasted

Today is the day I have been waiting for since last Summer. The All-Time Greatest Players ROM is finally being released!

Some notes about the ROM:

• 28-team ROM replacing Campbell and Wales All-Star teams with Original Six and Expansion All-Time All-Star teams. I used the 70s Orange/White/Black All-Star jerseys for the Original Six and the 95-96(Purple/Black and Teal/white) All-Star jerseys for the Expansion jerseys.
  • Used different team/same franchise jerseys including DAL/MIN, QUE/COL, HFD/CAR, WPG/PHX
  • Home jerseys are light jerseys, regardless if it was ever their home or away jersey
  • Included some fan favorites over others(i.e. Terry O'Reilly, Bob Probert, Wendel Clark) but did my best with including HOFs. It was really tough for the Original Six teams for sure. Some players were great but didn't make the cut due to others with more Cups, All-Star votes, stats leaders, and/or HOF.
  • Some players appear on multiple teams but the attributes are different depending on the team(i.e. Gretzky better on EDM than LA).
  • Players in general would need to have played at least 3+ seasons with the team to be included.
  • Most players have Endurance of 3. If anyone uses this ROM for line changes let me know. I'll need to edit the Endurance for everyone and that will change their Overall score. I didn't want everyone to have inflated Overall due to Endurance.
  • I tried to keep some famous lines together which will reflect if line changes are on. Otherwise I just made the best available line based on overall.
  • Players have abbreviated first name with their full last name(i.e W Gretzky).
  • I have not updated player cards yet but might do so in the future.
  • I hope to 'port' this to Gens once I get a handle on NOSE.

Thank You's:

• @clockwise - General roster input/PHI roster input/Jersey idea
  • @CoachMac - Attributes template
  • @Bob Kudelski - General roster input/OTT roster input
  • @Sauce - Roster input
  • @kingraph - Roster input/Overall calculation
  • @halifax - Roster input/SNES Godfather
  • @seamor - TB Roster input/ROM input
  • @smozoma - Roster input/Attributes/ROM Genius
  • @Jkline3  - Jersey links
  • @chaos - ROM questions/Roster Tool/Website Genius
  • @statto - ROM Editor
  • @Xstioph - ROM Editor/SNES ROM badass
  • @dangler-HUGE thanks for hex editor navigation/fixing the abbreviations on ANA/FLA by altering the hex code

If I left anyone out please let me know! You guys were all a great help whether it was actively helping me or from forum documentation.

Links used:

Update 3/22/21:

Version 4.0 is attached here with the following adjustments:

• @dangler fixed player abbreviations on FLA and ANA to match every other team. Now all teams have first initial, full last name.

Update 1/31/22:

Version 4.2(4.1 had 2 injury player replacement issues that were fixed)

• 3 names were corrected due to typos
  • 45 players handedness was corrected - The main ones were M. Richard, Cook brothers, Carlyle, and Stamkos. All others were mainly bench players.

Updated 10/5/22:

Version 4.3 is attached here with the following updates:

• Team/Player updates:
    • NYR-Flipped Bill and Bun Cook as they were incorrect in previous versions
    • QUE/COL-Removed Erik Johnson and replaced him with Cale Makar
    • TOR-Removed Bob Pulford and replace him with Auston Matthews
    • EXP(Expansion All-Star team)-Removed Peter Forsberg and replaced him with Brett Hull
  • Updated through 21-22 season(McDavid, Marchand, Barkov, Huberdeau, Kucherov, Hedman, Vasilesvky, Makar, Bergeron, Matthews all increased)
  • Fixed weight for the majority of players thanks to @dangler for noticing this
  • Slightly updated Team Ranking Sheet attached and shown below.
  • Trimmed down ANH and FLA to 18 players so I didn't have to abbreviate any names. This allows me to continue to use statto's ROM editor for future updates.
  • Player portraits updated(only if one existed for them in 94). Otherwise, they'll get one of the placeholder portraits.

Updated 10/4/23:

Version 23(4.4) is attached here with the following updates:

• Team/Player updates
    • BOS-Added Oates/Removed O'Reilly
    • DAL-Added Robertson/Removed Payne
    • NYI-Added Sorokin/Removed Greiss
    • PIT-Added Guentzel/Removed Apps Jr.
    • QUE-Added Rantanen/Removed Duchene
    • SJ-Added Karlsson/Removed Ragnarsson
    • VAN: Added Hughes/Removed Kearns, Added Pettersson/Removed Lever, Added Miller/Removed Kurtenbach
    • WPG: Added Keller/Removed Nagy
  • Updated attributes through 22-23 season(mainly award winners and top 10 players in various season stat categories)
  • A handful of legacy players attributes were slightly boosted
  • Slightly updated Team Ranking Sheet attached and shown below
  • Added ROM version on intro(flying puck) screen

Updated 2/18/24:

• Added additional version with 1-minute penalties thanks to @McMarkis

Team Ranking Sheet(sorted by overall starting lineup):

image.png

Jerseys:

image.png

Things I want to work on:

Setting penalties to 1 min instead of 2 min

Creating new player cards

Jersey Sheet.pdf

All-Time Greatest Rosters Team Ranking.pdf ATR23.smc

ATR23_1min.smc

Edited by kidswasted
Added additional version with 1-minute penalties
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

@kidswastedFUUUUH. KING. EH! I fuct around w this ROM a li'l bit and it's a f**king marvel, boss! Nicely (F)ucking done buddy! And the touch-ups on the phucking sweaters/uniforms are absolute TITS, man. This is dynamite, thank you (and to all who helped you) for all your work on this one man; let's getting a FOOKIN' league going with this motherfucker sometime soon!

DanK

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how to change logos on ice or menus for teams that relocated or updated their logos.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/16251-center-ice-logos-and-menu-logos-swapping-and-editing/

Swapping logos in the first post, disabling all logos in the last post. 

There is also some info about editing colors for the menu logos. Not perfect but at least something.

Btw, in the Super Nintendo Hacking subforum theres plenty of interesting stuff, everybody making new roms should check the threads out. 

Edited by DominikJagr
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DominikJagr said:

Not sure how to change logos on ice or menus for teams that relocated or updated their logos.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/16251-center-ice-logos-and-menu-logos-swapping-and-editing/

Swapping logos in the first post, disabling all logos in the last post. 

There is also some info about editing colors for the menu logos. Not perfect but at least something.

Btw, in the Super Nintendo Hacking subforum theres plenty of interesting stuff, everybody making new roms should check the threads out. 

Thanks, I checked a lot of that stuff out. Anything with Hex editors looks like hieroglyphics to me haha. I definitely cut corners using the roster tool and ROM editor tool.

Just an FYI I posted the Team Rankings list sorted by the starting lineup's base(before hot/cold) overall scores in my original post. I sorted this way since some teams are top heavy and don't really have any depth.

28 minutes ago, seamor said:

This is probably my favorite project on this site. The rankings are awesome.

We've gotta get this over to Genesis so I can play it on my Everdrive!

Thanks for the kind words man! My goal is to port this over to Gens but I need to figure out the tools first. If there's a way I can import my CSV file into NOSE(or whatever other tool) that would give me a huge head start.

1 hour ago, kidswasted said:

Thanks for the kind words man! My goal is to port this over to Gens but I need to figure out the tools first. If there's a way I can import my CSV file into NOSE(or whatever other tool) that would give me a huge head start.

Send me a Discord message, and I might be able to help.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, sophiebright28 said:

can you edit the rosters? because I keep getting a error with the roster editor and It won't let me edit it. I used the roster tool but I can't edit everything, plz help

You won’t be able to use the snes editor for this rom. I used it up until a certain point and then made some tweaks to the hex code. Therefore the hard-coded references the editor uses are no longer valid. This is why you would be receiving error messages when trying to edit my rom. If you try and edit the default rom found on the 94 site it should work. 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:00 PM, kidswasted said:

You won’t be able to use the snes editor for this rom. I used it up until a certain point and then made some tweaks to the hex code. Therefore the hard-coded references the editor uses are no longer valid. This is why you would be receiving error messages when trying to edit my rom. If you try and edit the default rom found on the 94 site it should work. 

can you send the link to that?because I’m having trouble finding it, just wanna be safe about this don’t wanna catch a virus or anything 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, sophiebright28 said:

can you send the link to that?because I’m having trouble finding it, just wanna be safe about this don’t wanna catch a virus or anything 

Here’s the main link with the ROM located on the far right of the page. http://www.nhl94online.com
image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this!  And for the updates!!  Definitely my favorite SNES rom to play.  So much fun, so many great players (and rankings), and the diffrent generation jerseys.  Huge props man, thanks again.  

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

I’m hoping to release an updated ROM sometime this Fall. It will include some minor attribute adjustments for active players(with a handful of other older players). Moving forward I’ll probably release an update once every season since some players in the ROM are still actively playing in the NHL. Instead of version numbers I’ll be using the year of the release. For example, the update this Fall will be ATR 23. If there are updates(fixes) during the year I’ll name it something like ATR 23 v2.

On a separate note I need to hunker down and finish(and release) the updated Gens ROM too. Stay tuned. 

Edited by kidswasted
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Sean said:

Excited to see! There’s definitely some players earning their way into roster spots too…

Yes. There will be a few subs including Makar on QUE/COL and Matthews for TOR. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...