Recommended Posts

NHL94 Magazin - The Monthly Round Up

As playing in a Pinball League i get to know some little Pinball Magzines like the one from PINHEADZ.

Having some night-shifts i tried to build one for us...

I would need some Input / Infos / News to produce one every month but it might be quite nice having one ...

Projekt:

PS_Klein2.jpgPS_Klein1.jpg

Mag_1_Klein.jpgMag_2_Klein.jpgMag_3_Klein.jpgMag_4_Klein.jpg

PDF Version to PRINT and FOULD at Home:

NHL 94 TMRU_Front_Test_#1.pdf

NHL 94 TMRU_Back_Test_#1.pdf

Just give it a look and tell me if you like it so perhas we could start an Monthly issue of the "The Monthly Round UP".

If you already have some input for the next Issue, like new Tournament Dates, Rom Updates, Internet links, most discussed Topics in the Forum ect. just mail it to me: info-KaBa78@e.mail.de

Curious about your opinions...

KaBa78

Edited by KaBa78
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this deserves a response! I admire your effort and how quickly you could throw this together!

I think the content would seem a bit "dry" to most people since it's the standings for a bunch of leagues that are all listed online. Probably some more editorial type articles would be more interesting for the reader, but that takes a lot of time and effort. Standings and results should be a part of it, but not a huge part of it. Articles about, for example, the best SNES defenseman, or the best GENS goalies, or a ranking of best uniforms in the game, or a write up of a particular memorable game or something like that might be a bit more interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is actually a really good idea, especially for the, "I like to have a solid copy of any information," type, as I am... 

If these were available each month, I think I would print them off. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love hobby fanzines and mini publications like this. I'm short on time, so I can't get really involved, but I would suggest having some NHL94 sprites as decorations for the corners would elevate the presentation further.

 

Ilustración.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 5:46 PM, Bob Kudelski said:

I think this deserves a response! I admire your effort and how quickly you could throw this together!

I think the content would seem a bit "dry" to most people since it's the standings for a bunch of leagues that are all listed online. Probably some more editorial type articles would be more interesting for the reader, but that takes a lot of time and effort. Standings and results should be a part of it, but not a huge part of it. Articles about, for example, the best SNES defenseman, or the best GENS goalies, or a ranking of best uniforms in the game, or a write up of a particular memorable game or something like that might be a bit more interesting. 

Thanks for the input, the League results just where a filler. I although thought of more editorial Articles, but i would need help form the commuity for that kinda Stuff.

It just needed something to show it could be users both sides. I would start collecting ideas..  New Roms, New Hacks, New Tournaments.. Portraits of the best players ect.

If you have some more ideas just tell me ill collect everyhing and try to find some editors :-D

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EmpireBowl said:

I love hobby fanzines and mini publications like this. I'm short on time, so I can't get really involved, but I would suggest having some NHL94 sprites as decorations for the corners would elevate the presentation further.

 

Ilustración.jpg

Working on that,,, if you have any other ideas happy to get them :-D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, illegalsmileIV:XX said:

This is actually a really good idea, especially for the, "I like to have a solid copy of any information," type, as I am... 

If these were available each month, I think I would print them off. 

 

In the pinball League they print and send them too, quite funny cause most of the younger players liked that :-D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KaBa78 said:

In the pinball League they print and send them too, quite funny cause most of the younger players liked that

They are a really cool idea... They remind me of the punk fanzines of my youth, written on a typewriter, photocopied in the local chemist and stapled together by hand. :victory:

I'll be honest, I'm not an online player of this awesome game, but I do like to try to keep up with the league and results... I'm not going to pretend and say I have any useful knowledge - at all :unsure: -, to offer... (Well, nothing that someone with far more experience and know-how couldn't tell you. In far more detail...) But, I can write a fairly passable article... I mean, if you want some added input or help, I'd do what I can to help the community... If I can be provided with the information, I would be willing to have a go at putting a few articles together.

 

2 hours ago, KaBa78 said:

Portraits of the best players ect.

These would have to be 16-Bit portraits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.