NHL'94 Forums

Dying to Edit ROM's.....but.....

WashCaps33

...my head is swimming.   I downloaded NOSE and have opened NHL roms in it and kind of understand what I am seeing.   But, I have run into two issues I need to ask about.  

1)  Character Limits - some lines allow 10, some 12, some 13, etc.   How can that be changed so I can fit an entire name in it without it being cut off.

2)  Logos - I can't find anywhere that one can go and change logos in the ROM.  

Any help any of you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.   I feel like an idiot asking though.

NOSE has extra bytes that can be at the bottom of the teams. There are 2x Green arrows (up n down) that moves the bytes to the next team and so on. By moving them to the team you want you can then edit the full name. 

Logos aren't in the that program. You will need Tile Molestar. What rom NHL game are you trying to edit?

15 hours ago, WashCaps33 said:

Any help any of you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.   I feel like an idiot asking though.

Hey don't worry man, we all have to start somewhere.
Personally, I trolled the tutorials in this forum for about a year and a half before I was confident enough to start taking part in discussions [and still asking questions] and posting my own ROMs.

easiest thing to do with the bytes is go to the TEAM tab, and click the AUTO BYTES button once, then you can edit team and player names without worrying about calculating their byte lengths

it's a LOT easier believe me:P

have fun