NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 Rewind player database

Limpan

Hello Rewinders!

Here's a first look at Rewind's complete player database, see attached file.
It is only checked by me so I can not guarantee that everything is correct, if you find something wrong, feel free to tell me and I will change. 

The list is in its simplest form, with two tabs divided outfield players and goalies. Rating is 0-6 except for weight which is 0-15.

25 goalies had half values (on overall rating) (eg 84.5) and then it is rounded up to the nearest whole number.

Speaking of goalies, it can be stated that the goalie level has risen significantly! In the original game, there are 8 goalies with 70 or more in rating, and in Rewind there are a total of 17! The average value of the goalkeepers in the original database is 56.7 distributed among 55 goalies, while the average value of Rewind is 63.66 distributed among 66 goalies.
So it should generally be a little harder to score on Rewind compared to the original game... 

As a Swede, I keep an extra eye on the Swedish players and can state that Anton Blidh, Boston, is the lowest ranked player in the entire database (29), and that Robin Lehner, Vegas, is the heaviest goalkeeper (12)!
For those who like snipers (like me), there are three players who have maximum value in shooting strength and shooting precision (6/6) (Alex Ovechkin, Shea Weber and Auston Matthews) and that there are two Swedes among the 15 players in total who have at least 5/5 shots (Viktor Arvidsson and Elias Pettersson)

And last, and perhaps most importantly, speed. There is only one player with 6 agility and 6 speed, Mr McDavid .. and only 4 players in total have 6 speed ... McDavid, Barzal, Byron and of course a Swede! Carl Hagelin. That Hagelin has 2 in all other values (except 4 agility) we ignore right now ;-) ;)

/ Limpan

Rewind-database-v1.xlsx

• Love 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

back in the old days there was a editor for some of the NHL games on PS3... the rosters where in your save data, then you transfer it to your PC and use a database editor...

EA database editor? ummm cant remember

http://www.artemkh.com/

maybe something similar back be done to edit rewind on console

Edited by 77

• 9 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 6:48 AM, LaTormenta said:

This has clearly taken you a lot of time to do, so thanks a million.

If only there was an easy way to import the ratings into a ROM!

I'm assuming by now that you know about the rom work done by @INDIO, porting this into Genesis.  Just play it on your favorite emulator, or you can use a flash cartridge to play on a real Genesis or Mega SG.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2021 at 11:43 AM, Limpan said:

Hello Rewinders!

Here's a first look at Rewind's complete player database, see attached file.
It is only checked by me so I can not guarantee that everything is correct, if you find something wrong, feel free to tell me and I will change. 

Hi there! Thank-you for this. I found this quite useful as a reference as I was building me ROM. Today I figured out how to extract the raw CSVs from NHL 94 Rewind (PS4 version). In case anyone wanted to see exactly what was programmed in, here it is. The file is untouched (even the file name), exactly as I was able to extract from the PS4 PKG.

players.csv

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

Hi there! Thank-you for this. I found this quite useful as a reference as I was building me ROM. Today I figured out how to extract the raw CSVs from NHL 94 Rewind (PS4 version). In case anyone wanted to see exactly what was programmed in, here it is. The file is untouched (even the file name), exactly as I was able to extract from the PS4 PKG.

players.csv 61.81 kB · 3 downloads

Awesome, thanks.

Funny thing I noticed: A few players have different ratings when on the all star teams. Crosby has higher DefAw on ASE than PIT. Ovechkin has higher DefAw on WSH than ASE.