NHL'94 Forums

CDL Season 2 C League Signups

chaos

CDL Season 2 C League Signups

CDL (Chaos Draft League) is a player draft league with the following:

•  boosted Goalie stats (+1 to each Glove/Stick and +1 to Agl to all goalies except Roy and Balfour) 
  •  shorter Goalie switch time (less time holding the B button to switch)
  •  farther Goalie range (can move farther out than vanilla 94 ROM)
  •  1 min Penalties
  •  Warm/Cool player bonus (a weaker version of Hot/Cold).
  •  No Team Bonuses (Home/Away PP/PK all set to 0)
  •  Player Body Checks For/Against counted, as well as a +/- Stat 

I'd like to start a C league which would be used like a Farm league. Instead of a "Waiting List" for B league, you would be entered into the C league and would either be promoted at the end of the season to B, or used as a replacement coach during the season. 

C league coaches would not participate in the draft, but a team selection draft will be held. After the A/B player draft is over, the C coaches will pick from the pre-drafted teams from A and B leagues. They will play a regular season with them, along with a playoff. The C league champ and the next best coach based on reg. season record will be promoted to B league for the next season, while the bottom 2 coaches from B will be relegated to C league. Also, if there are any drops from B league between seasons, a coach from C league will be asked to fill in the spot. 

What I hope to do is interest newer players (C level and lower B level Classic league players) in draft leagues. Learning how to draft a team can be a process, and trying to find players who best fit your type of play can be hard, apart from the superstars. By using a pre-drafted team, you can get more exposure to other players, and find some you would like to draft once you join B league.

The season length will depend on the number of players. I don't expect it to be more than 40 games. I will allow up to 20 sign-ups this time around.

Coach List:

- @kidswasted (from CDL S1)

- @Raidercanuck1329 (from CDL S1)

- @SlapshotSean (from CDL S1)

- Joe H

- Triple A

- Logan's Legends

- whalersmightwin (jay22)

- dmm1000

- boehm23

- jcarriello

- INDIO

- niuhuskie224

- Heinz

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kidswasted said:

Boston please

I'm not sure if you understand, you're gonna have to wait until the Season 2 A/B draft before you can choose a team. Or maybe, I can make this based on Season 1 teams?

sounds fun! love the idea of a farm league. good luck to all C players

Edited by danTML7
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaos said:

I'm not sure if you understand, you're gonna have to wait until the Season 2 A/B draft before you can choose a team. Or maybe, I can make this based on Season 1 teams?

Wasn’t sure if we would be copying just their roster or the entire team and roster. 

10 minutes ago, kidswasted said:

Wasn’t sure if we would be copying just their roster or the entire team and roster. 

Yeah gonna just use the same rom so team and roster unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

Guys, you won't be selecting teams right now. Once the Season 2 draft is over, then I will announce a C draft where you will pick from the drafted teams.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, chaos said:

Guys, you won't be selecting teams right now. Once the Season 2 draft is over, then I will announce a C draft where you will pick from the drafted teams.

What have I started?! Sorry!

• Haha 1