NHL'94 Forums

To all EIHLers!!!

The first release of the EIHL '21 for NHL95 (NHL94 to come). With a huge help from @MonkeyHead @LaTormenta for their insight, data and all their input. I gave my time to put this rom together for them. 

EIHL '21.jpg

EIHL '21 v1.bin

Version 2

- Updated Team GBR, GBR Legends, EIHL Stars, EIHL Legends player cards to the team logo.

EIHL '21 v2.bin

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Great rom...really like it...one suggestion for more teams...I think the fans of the EIHL and british hockey would not mind at all to add Team France in the rom as they are arch rivals and GBR beat the french in a recent world championship and it was a big thing.   Maybe add also Italy and Denmark as other teams but I think it is a winner to put Team France in the rom.  Just my 2 cents here.  Thanks again for the rom.

10 minutes ago, I got the puck said:

Great rom...really like it...one suggestion for more teams...I think the fans of the EIHL and british hockey would not mind at all to add Team France in the rom as they are arch rivals and GBR beat the french in a recent world championship and it was a big thing.   Maybe add also Italy and Denmark as other teams but I think it is a winner to put Team France in the rom.  Just my 2 cents here.  Thanks again for the rom.

Was going to but I can do an alternative rom with them.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this. Seriously, you are a superstar, and did a far better job than I could have.

After giving it a whirl, only one issue stands out. I utterly love the player photos - really nice touch. But, for the 4 non-leauge teams, the photos show as the logos for the ducks, columbus, red wings, and LA. You would know better than I why that might be...?

Edited by MonkeyHead

5 hours ago, MonkeyHead said:

Thanks for this. Seriously, you are a superstar, and did a far better job than I could have.

After giving it a whirl, only one issue stands out. I utterly love the player photos - really nice touch. But, for the 4 non-leauge teams, the photos show as the logos for the ducks, columbus, red wings, and LA. You would know better than I why that might be...?

The reason is for those teams there is no player cards. So, Ill use the GBR and EIHL logos to fill them in. Also, the trophies weren't changed and have to figure something out about the placeholder teams as they beat EIHL teams in the playoffs after the season. Or if I can find a way to reduce the selectable teams. That might help as well. Still a work in progress, but its a start.

It was probably my favorite rom to work on to date due to the size and support from @MonkeyHead and @LaTormenta. There is also a small easter egg in the Main screen credits... ;-) 

But would love to due a merge of all teams like @I got the puckmentioned. Have the EIHL in the western conference, with 2 extra or potential EIHL teams and the Eastern conference can be the France, Italy and Denmark. The non-season teams can be the national teams which would be 4, plus each countries All-Stars. Just a thought. 

6 hours ago, MonkeyHead said:

Updated it and put it at the top under v2.

• Love 1

@UltraMagnus @MonkeyHead @LaTormenta 

Awesome collaborative effort guys, this is amazing. Can't wait to get this onto the Mega Drive Mini and give the season a play through once you got the final touches sorted!

xFrJtHx.gif

Edited by EagleXIII
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MonkeyHead said:

Thanks again for this. Gonna get it into my Mega Drive now and totally fanboy out on it.

Well take notes of anything you noticed that can get an upgrade or revision. I sometimes miss something that can improve the experience. 

11 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

Also, the trophies weren't changed and have to figure something out about the placeholder teams as they beat EIHL teams in the playoffs after the season. Or if I can find a way to reduce the selectable teams. That might help as well. Still a work in progress, but its a start.

About two/three weeks too late to realise this... (last thing I wanna do is add to your workload, I know it wouldn't be a simple swap and would mean inputting all that work again) but would using Elitserien 95 as the base for the mod be better suited? @von Ozbourme has a translated version which would remove a potential obstacle.

Edited by EagleXIII

@UltraMagnus - You absolute legend.   I will get my teeth into this as soon as I can (and give feedback as needed) but this looks excellent.  Now I am really excited about the NHL '94 one - you are a victim of your own success / awesomeness.

@MonkeyHead - Happy to have a go online at some point, but you will need to give me a bit of time to get used to NHL '95, as I really have not played a huge amount of it and I have my pride to think of!

10 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

I don't have a version of it

Here's @von Ozbourme's translated mods if you want them :)

EliteSeries 96.bin2 MB · 26 downloads 

EliteSeries 95.bin2 MB · 37 downloads

• Like 1

Well...well...well. Eliteseries 95 is the new rom that Ill play with. I will only use the Legends teams for the all-stars since and the 11th, and 12th teams in season mode, will not make the playoffs anyway since it is setup only to take the top 8 teams. So, they would always be removed. Also, in doing so opens 86 extra bytes to expand the total games from 43 to 54 for the remaining 10 teams. In addition, the verbiage can be modified as well. This seems like a gem for use to use moving forward.  

• Love 2

Thanks for the mentions guys. As an aside, I noted that the description, but not the player award trophies were changed. Was curious what player awards the EIHL actually had, but searches come up empty. Does the EIHL even have physical trophies to hand out? Or do they just have a list on a wall in a head office or something...
[a plaque at least?]

23 hours ago, MonkeyHead said:

From the planning thread...

Curious... What's the difference between the EIHL Champion, EIHL Cup Champion, EIHL Grand Slam, EIHL KO Cup Champion and EIHL Playoff Champion?
At least Erhardt and Gardiner could replace the Campbell's and Wales conference, but which of those would be closest to the President's [best regular season record]?

Also I was mostly curious about what the awards looked like. Other than the Patton Conference, not listed on Elite prospects...
...and your Devils winning the Monteith Bowl a couple years back...
can't seem to google-fu a picture of a physical incarnation of an individual player award anywhere.

The EIHL champion is the team who tops the league standings at the end of the season. It is considered by teams and fans to be the bigger prize most worth winning and grants CHL access. Tacky trophy attached.

The Playoff champion is the winner of the post season. Currently, the top 8 teams play an odd structure of rounds to determine this. First, a two legged quarter final where aggregate scores determine the winner. Then, the "finals weekend", where the 4 remaining teams play a single game semi final on Saturday, then a 3rd\4th playoff or grand final on Sunday. Its a decent spectacle and fun weekend away for fans. Considered a decent win for bragging rights, and 2nd best thing to win and has been used to grant CHL access and continental cup access. Trophy attached.

The EIHL cup is currently the "challenge cup", and the format is as follows. Teams are drawn into 3 groups, and play each other in a round robin inside these groups. Group standings are used to generate 8 seedings. The quarter finals are formed by teams choosing their desired opponent, with top seeds getting first pick. Quarter and semi finals are two legged games, aggregate scores determine the winner. The final is a single game played at a neutral venue. Not really considered a big deal to win by anyone other than whoever wins it. Has been used to grant continental cup access. Cup attached - new, first awarded this year, replacing a cheap looking thing.

The EIHL KO cup was a straight knockout cup competition. It hasn't been played since 2005 or 2006.

The grand slam refers to a team winning the leauge, playoffs, and cup contest in the same season. It hss been done twice (Panthers in 2013, Blaze in 2005). No physical trophy.

The Monteith bowl refers to the old and really nice trophy the regular season winners were awarded until 2018 when it was replaced by the tacky modern trophy. Attached is us winning it.

Also attached are the best 3 images I could quickly find for the 3 conference trophies. The Erhardt and Gardiner trophies are the same (set up same year, 2012). Patton trophy is different as it is younger (set up in 2017).

As for individual player trophies - I dont even know if they exist. Knowing the EIHL, at most they would give a medal, and an Amazon gift card.

richy_cup_fans.jpg

Patton-Conference-Trophy-sdsad.jpg

Gardiner.jpg

Erhardt.jpg

EIHL Champion.jpg

Playoffs.jpg

New challenge cup.jpg

Edited by MonkeyHead
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, MonkeyHead said:

As for individual player trophies - I dont even know if they exist. Knowing the EIHL, at most they would give a medal, and an Amazon gift card.

Haha,
In that case, sorry, but I had to.
image.png

• Haha 5

@MonkeyHead - Questions like this make you realise how beer league our precious EIHL is, eh?! :D  Fancy the EIHL website not even having pictures of trophies etc. on it!

@von Ozbourme - It's probably for the best you left the value off the card, as it'd probably be a fiver at best.  Or, knowing some of the teams, the award would end up being some random gift from a sponsor, like a bloody great piece of sheet metal or a bouquet of fresh fish!  At least it keeps things entertaining, as there is next to no corporate element involved.

• Haha 2