NHL'94 Forums

EIHL '20 for NHL94

EIHL '20 (94).jpg

Huge shoutout to @LaTormenta @MonkeyHead for helping me getting used to a new league and providing all the rosters, lines, logos, and addition material. I just did the graphics.

• Limited to the 10 team EIHL league.
  • New 2nd & Main splash screens, plus logos.
  • All 10 team team select logos and center ice.
  • Team overall's adjusted based on # of players/overall team value. 
  • Aaron Murphy bring you in game action via Premier Sports.

EIHL '20 (94).bin

Version 1.1 

• Removed special characters from 3 players to avoid glitches like below.

EIHL '20 (94) v1.1.bin

Version 1.2

• Updated playoff bracket to reflect only EIHL teams. Others are set as NON-TEAM.

NHL 94 - EIHL 19-20 Edition V1.3.1-1 (FINAL - BRACKETS UPDATED)

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4

@LaTormenta @UltraMagnus @MonkeyHead

Amazing work again, guys. No EIHL mods and then two come along at once.

Have to admit I'm starting to pay attention to EIHL a little more than I was previously since these two projects really gained momentum. Look forward to the prospect of a mod based on the upcoming Elite Series too. ^_^

5 minutes ago, EagleXIII said:

@LaTormenta @UltraMagnus @MonkeyHead

Amazing work again, guys. No EIHL mods and then two come along at once.

Have to admit I'm starting to pay attention to EIHL a little more than I was previously since these two projects really gained momentum. Look forward to the prospect of a mod based on the upcoming Elite Series too. ^_^

What is the Elite Series?

7 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

What is the Elite Series?

It's the 4 team series I mentioned in the other thread.  Coventry Blaze, Manchester Storm Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers.  24 games then a knock-out of sorts to determine, well, no-one really knows.  A cup of some description! 

2 hours ago, LaTormenta said:

It's the 4 team series I mentioned in the other thread.  Coventry Blaze, Manchester Storm Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers.  24 games then a knock-out of sorts to determine, well, no-one really knows.  A cup of some description! 

... Or maybe just an Amazon voucher.

Gave this a whirl on my phone during a break at work. Loving it. 94 just feels so more coherent than the breakneck speed of 95. However, this occured - see attached. Dirty steeler got binned, and the world went all melty pixels. No idea why. Went back to normal between periods. Probably an emulation issue?

Oh, also, a few kits might be a bit off. Black shorts on the Devils, for example. Easy to change via NOSE though.

Finally, did you leave the weight bug in? I might remove it for my own use, if you did.

Screenshot_20210315-112850_GENPLUSDroid.jpg

The weight bug should have been removed.  I cannot remember though, to be honest.

The kit tweaks were deliberate, just because of the impact on the rest of the kits when things were changed (from recollection).  No issues with the Cardiff shorts being black though.   I went through the kits and tried to be as accurate as possible, so let me know if there are any specific ones so I / we can look at them.  Away kits are easy to fix.  The home ones might be a pain if it buggers about with the ice logo.

Good point, didn't think of the limited pallette.

... and yes, it may have been an accented character that caused reality to fold. Might need to remove them. Looking back at the kits its only really the black Cardiff shorts that really stand out - does making them red break anything?

Yeah tested it and you can even see it in the player stats where he doesnt have any and did this when using Sheffield, edited the lines and moved over to his name for Sandstorm. Same for Coventry with Justin Hache, which scrolling through the lines in the pregame it glitches out like editing lines for Sandstrom and when editing the lines the screen goes black.

image.png

image.png

Having a play session now. Have changed devils home shorts to red with no issues. Also made the ice a less vivid blue (personal taste), but can't have white due to palette limitations doing odd things with other rink features.

No issues thus far. Fingers crossed!

Ooh, found one. Belfast visitors kit is a reddy pink, which they used ascan alternate. Gonna change it to white and teal to avoid confusion.

Ok, sorted a Giants white kit, and also got white ice without weirdness. All is grand!

Edited by MonkeyHead
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, MonkeyHead said:

Having a play session now. Have changed devils home shorts to red with no issues. Also made the ice a less vivid blue (personal taste), but can't have white due to palette limitations doing odd things with other rink features.

No issues thus far. Fingers crossed!

Ooh, found one. Belfast visitors kit is a reddy pink, which they used ascan alternate. Gonna change it to white and teal to avoid confusion.

Ok, sorted a Giants white kit, and also got white ice without weirdness. All is grand!

Any chance of posting the updated ROM, albeit without your blasphemous white ice (you absolute savage)?! 

I don't remember using a pink colour for the Belfast kit.  Random.  Still, cheers for sorting it!

5 minutes ago, MonkeyHead said:

Sure - might have to wait until tomorrow until I can upload it though. Still playing around with the white Belfast kit as the helmet bugs me!

This is how the ROM looks in the version of NOSE I am running (with Clockwise's sprite patch):

image.png

@UltraMagnus - Any ideas?  Do I need to apply something to the ROM so that the kits show up correctly?

I simply switched the red to white in NOSE. Decent stopgap (other than odd helmets) until a better effort is worked out.

2 minutes ago, LaTormenta said:

This is how the ROM looks in the version of NOSE I am running (with Clockwise's sprite patch):

image.png

@UltraMagnus - Any ideas?  Do I need to apply something to the ROM so that the kits show up correctly?

Ok, as promised, the ROM, after I have fiddled with it yesterday. Here is what I have done...

1. Changed to white ice (personal preference, don't hate me)
  2. Changed Cardiff home kit to have correct red shorts, which fortunately has not changed any logos etc.
  3. Changed Belfast away kit to white (for consistency), with as accurate teal, red, and black detailing as NOSE would allow. Went for uniformly teal helmets eventually, as they looked less odd than asymmetrical ones of white/black/teal.

Edits.png

EIHL_20_Edited.bin

Edited by MonkeyHead
  • Like 1