NHL'94 Forums

POST HERE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF "THE NHLPA 93 COMMUNITY"!

Guest cr0ssbar94

Guest cr0ssbar94

With this post I am trying to build an NHLPA 93 "community".

That is to say, people who are interested in playing NHLPA 93 online (just for fun, some pick up games etc.).

If you're "favorite" game is NHL 94 please DONT post here! I'm looking for people who feel as I do that NHLPA 93 is the BEST game and are interested in playing!

If the response is great I'm gonna build a website dedicated to 93 (I have some HTML skills to do it).

From there, perhaps a simple league like the one Evan has for this great site! Self automated and everything!

POST HERE if you wanna be part of "The Community"! Thanks! I'll set aside a section in my AIM dedicated to 93 fanatics!

No, you can't post about other games on here! Hehe just kidding.

Actually, there is something in the works now for an NHL93 area of the website. More on this soon.

-Evan

Guest cr0ssbar94
No, you can't post about other games on here! Hehe just kidding.

Actually, there is something in the works now for an NHL93 area of the website. More on this soon.

-Evan

For real? That's great news Evan! Nothing against 94, I love it and all, just that 93 is my favorite game. I'm in the minority but there are others who feel as I do.

How about a 93 league? I really don't want to start another one. Last time I tried it with 94, it didnt work out so well haha. Biggest problem was that it wasn't self automated like yours, which practically runs itself. Plus I made it too complicated, I realize that now. Should have been smart like you and just used the original game and that's it. But a 93 league, mabye even a small one, would be unreal! I really think there would be interest man! Lotta people love this game! DO IT NOW lol!

Guest cr0ssbar94
Yep. Me. Right here. And probably a friend of mine once we start getting some games going.

AIM: girabbitwastaken

MSN girabbit@hotmail.com

Hey man! You know some other people who are into this game? If you have any other AIM's mabye you can post them.

I'll try to catch you for some games sometime. I know from your other posts though your pretty busy. My AIM is cr0ssbar. Glad to see others out there who love this game!

If you want to do batte in some '93 I'm game. deadmeow had a '93 league a few months back, but it's hibernation is likely permanent.

There are quite a few guys from around here who play '93. Not going to speak for them, but there are a couple of guys from around here that I play '93 with.

How about instead of a league, we have an informal evening of NHLPA 93. Set a date and time, choose a rom (just so we're all the same). I'm assuming that everyone uses Gens like we did in the NHL 94 Cup chase. If there's 4 guys, great, we can have a little round robin. If there's more all the better; we'll work out something as we go.

It could be made into a regular occurance (every Monday or whatever). We would never wait weeks for guys to get their games in. The winner of a given week would hold the belt until the next when they will defend it. We could also have different belts with point caps (only allowed 300 points worth of overall value on the ice at once; no line changes assumed). Good luck finding a night when I can be there.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to play 93 online in a league. I have logged over 10,000 games of NHL 93 and have also spent a lot of time studying the game and all of it's amazing flaws and glitches. I am new to this form and site (94 NHL) and am going to be registering for the Spring. Good to be here! KEEP 93 NHL ALIVE BABY!!

I would love to play 93 online in a league. I have logged over 10,000 games of NHL 93 and have also spent a lot of time studying the game and all of it's amazing flaws and glitches. I am new to this form and site (94 NHL) and am going to be registering for the Spring. Good to be here! KEEP 93 NHL ALIVE BABY!!

Whats your AIM?

Glad to see more 93 fans around. Yeah, the glitches and quirks in this game make it the most fun.

• 4 weeks later...

My Sega is hooked up right now with NHLPA 93 in the consoul. I bought it back in 1994 with my Sega Genesis.This game is the reason I got into Hockey and Bob Probert!! This game changed my life!! I have watched a demo game for at least once a day for the last 6 years! I also play with my friends to this day. He loves Buffalo and I'm usually New York or Chicago. I know all the stats in this game and all the flaws as well as the awesomeness!!

I have never understood why people think NHL 94 is better and it doesn't have any fighting or blood! Why the hell would you even use some players if they would just get penaties. 94 sucks if you ask me. I still have NHL 92, NHLPA 93, and NHL 96 (only because they finally brought back fighting to Hockey).

I'm ready for this league and ready to show my level of play to all!! Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest cr0ssbar94
My Sega is hooked up right now with NHLPA 93 in the consoul. I bought it back in 1994 with my Sega Genesis.This game is the reason I got into Hockey and Bob Probert!! This game changed my life!! I have watched a demo game for at least once a day for the last 6 years! I also play with my friends to this day. He loves Buffalo and I'm usually New York or Chicago. I know all the stats in this game and all the flaws as well as the awesomeness!!

I have never understood why people think NHL 94 is better and it doesn't have any fighting or blood! Why the hell would you even use some players if they would just get penaties. 94 sucks if you ask me. I still have NHL 92, NHLPA 93, and NHL 96 (only because they finally brought back fighting to Hockey).

I'm ready for this league and ready to show my level of play to all!! Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaHA I thought I was the only one who did that... :P

Yeh man, I hear you about 94. The fights in 92 were great, but they had no meaning. 93 changed that and gave fighters a purpose like the real NHL does. Domi could knock out Yzerman for 5 minutes, the period, or even the GAME if you're lucky! That's what I love about this game. 94 is kind of lame. 1 timers...eh, I can live without em and actually prefer not to have them to be honest. No 1 timers means more strategy, and as I always said the goalie control sucks in 94 having to hold down the button for so long. 93's gameplay is better than 94's also, the pucks bounce better. 93 is the best.