NHL'94 Forums

Hotel Tourney

seed77

I think that we should get a bunch of players together and play a tournament in a convention center or hotel somewhere in the U.S. I think that i would be a great i dea and it truly is the only way to determine a overall champion. cause i dont really have the ablity to play onlne, what do u need to play online anyways, if somebody could put a package together i will purchase it ff you and start my run to number 1. peace out. :ninja:

Interesting idea. Host it in Chicago and count me in. Anywhere else, forget it! I'm not sure how many people would be willing to shell out the cash for the travel expenses.

Seed - Try out some online play. All you need is a fast connection, and a few free downloads and your in.

Chicago does make the most sense if everyone were going to do it and I'm not just saying that because I live in Chicago. We have the largest number of possibilities for convention centers here and of course it's centralized.

But if we knew who was seriously considering it, then we could decide location based on what area was bringing the most people to the tourney.

If it were in Chicago, I wouldn't have a problem putting up some people either.

Seed - Try out some online play. All you need is a fast connection, and a few free downloads and your in.

Foreal Seed. It's cake. Hit me up on aim if you need some help.

If their was a 94 convention I would definately try to scrape togeher some dough and attend.

If you have internet, you can play online. Everything to play is right on the nhl94.com page. If you need adapter cords for a Gen or Saturn controller, go to retrousb.com. For the cake you're going to throw down on a flight, hotel, preadolescent Taiwanese boys, go buy yourself a cpu and get some internet. I am all for the hotel tourney but lets face it, it's going to take awhile to organize.

And Mr. Seed, please refrain from your trash talking until you play some of the competition here. Honestly, you think there's a site set up in this level of detail and it's just a bunch of hacks pushing the puck around? Win a few here and then you can bark.

That sounds like a fantastic idea,. Maybe me and tebiah could come also..? We could combinate our trip to wegas with the hotel turney, if we managed to get cheapest possible flights.. Woul be an international tournament..:rolleyes: What does admin or other think about this..?

Sure. I'm in. But the time needs to be decided at least two months before the tournament. How about at the same time as the Stanley Cup finals?? It would be a great finale for this season... And I think we could get plenty of players from Europe to join in. The downside to you guys is that you'd be only competing for the second place.

oh yes! this really sounds dope as hell, i'm in too. but as tebiah said it has to be announced about 2 months before it is and i think that the medals are already been given to Finnish trio : 1st seemio, 2nd tebiah/ahola, 3rd tebiah/ahola. anyways good idea if you guys over the sea could arrange this competition :)