NHL'94 Forums

I Fixed Brett Hull and Chris Pronger!!! (UPDATED)

l o f i - poutine

I was playing NHL '98 for Sega and I noticed that Brett Hull was listed as a lefty. We all know he could not have scored 700+ goals where he was positioned if he was a left handed shot. I went ahead and modified his hex value for all instances of his character (STL/ASW). I know there are others on this forum that are like "is that it???", but I couldn't let an injustice go untouched. I guess this is what happens when EA outsources to THQ and they focus on PS1/PC versions of the game. 

UPDATE: I also fixed Chris Pronger, who was listed as a Righty, even though he was a Lefty in real life. I'm sure he could do all that dirty stuff as a righty, but I fixed the issue, and Pronger and Hull are now their correct hanidness. 

NHL '98 FIXED PRONGER n Hull.bin

Edited by l o f i - poutine
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• l o f i - poutine changed the title to I Fixed Brett Hull and Chris Pronger!!! (UPDATED)
  • 2 weeks later...

In this game, there are quite a few such hockey players with the wrong grip of the stick. Lindos (Philadelphia), Yzerman (Detroit), Roenick (Phoenix), M.Lemieux (Pittsburgh), Yashin (Ottawa), Shanahan (Detroit). I just listed the famous players. St. Louis has a great quarterback, Al MacInnis. In this game, his throwing power is rated 40, although it should be 99

• Like 1

• 1 year later...