NHL'94 Forums

Where the hell is everyone?

The Deer

Almost every time I log on to AIM to try and find a game, it's always the same guys on. There are a good # of guys in this league that are almost NEVER on, and seemingly are making very little effort to play their games.

Speaking in general terms doesn't seem to be improving anything so I'm going to start calling guys out by name, even if it doesn't do much for my popularity.

Where the hell are the following guys?

- Fatty (Boston), I've seen him on once all season, played two games, and he still has yet to log them.

- IAmBlurb (Buffalo), have seen him twice this season I think, has three games played.

- Smack (Dallas), have seen him once all season, he has three games played.

- Blazer (Vancouver), not sure if I've ever seen him online, has nine games played, and hasn't responded to many "Schedule A Game" posts I've made trying to get our Month 1 games played.

- Cajanek (Washington), was a hell of a guy to get his games in last year, was around in the very early going this year and has totally disappeared.

- Schwartz (Hartford), a good friend of mine and all but I'm calling out everyone who's not playing enough games even if they're friends; one of the guys running the league should have more than eight games in.

I'm pretty disappointed in the snail's pace progress of this league. I figured that last season was when all the growing pains would be worked out, and that this year the fat would be trimmed and we'd be left with nothing but the most dedicated guys. I figured the season would run pretty smoothly and that the ship would be pretty tight. It started out pretty good but I'm sorry it's gone to hell lately; you can log on for days on end without seeing any new games having been played.

I'm a bit worried about the state of this league that I enjoy so much. Boys s**t or get off the pot and let's see some games played; it's not like it should be a chore, we all joined this league because we enjoy playing NHL 94, right?

yo,i just joined. my aim is angryjay93. i may not be on a whole lot but when i am it means i want to play, and i want to play on GENS. so hit me up and ask me to play because im looking to get some experience before i try get into one of these leagues eventually.

I agree that the people that tried in B should be moved to A next season, because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get even half my games in the first half. And even if I lost every game in A, at least I'd get to play every game. Sounds like a good time to me.

Guest BSDaemon
I'd prefer any league where the ply's are commited.

Why is the genesis league so much more committed.

The GENS A & B are doing while,

& the SNES A & B are pure crap!!!!

Theres nothing wrong with SNES A... the problem is SNES B.

DEER YOU HAVE CALLED ME OUT AND I MUST RESPOND. I said it a few times in other threads so I not going to do it again but here's my commitements:

1)Visit forum and respond to email at least once a day for admin stuff.

2)Make an apperance on AIM for an hour a night.

I promised and I will follow through with it starting tomorrow at 9:30 PM. I want to make this league work and the honest truth is that I haven't been putting in enough time. It changes now :)

ummm yup im aroused...schwartz lets do that thing like our playoff series where we got drunk and played naked with webcams...the hockey wasn't pretty to watch but we didn't care.....(insert asian school girl laugh)

It's now been EIGHT days since a SNES A game was logged.

On this topic, Blazer- please log our games.

Haha yeah he's a tough guy to convince to log his games. Hit him up on MSN and harrass him until he does it. I actually resorted to sending him the links to log/confirm each game.

rudy

I think that the mods should set a certain amount of time for someone to log/confirm games, and if one guy has done it and not the other after said fixed amount of time, then the mod should be able to just confirm/log the games himself. I do not like having to wait like a week to get credit for my wins.

Guest BSDaemon
I think that the mods should set a certain amount of time for someone to log/confirm games, and if one guy has done it and not the other after said fixed amount of time, then the mod should be able to just confirm/log the games himself. I do not like having to wait like a week to get credit for my wins.

I think it would be cool if they had cron scripts do it automatically. Any entry that hasnt been confirmed in 7 days, will get automatically confirmed. The whole idea of the confimration system is to prevent unfair errors... and if people don't confirm their games, it creates..... unfair errors. So yes, I agree with you 100% Deer!