NHL'94 Forums

Sebe82 New league idea..

Should there be an entry fee, with a cash prize going to the Champs of both A and B? (all money collected goes to the winners.)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an entry fee ($25), with a cash prize going to the Champs of both A and B? (all money collected goes to the winners.)

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Target start date is after Classic playoffs are done. Would you sign up?

• yes
    • no
    • yes but without entry fee

Dont puck with me Draft team Draft league

Premise:

Introducing Dont puck with me Draft team Draft league.

The league where you get to go back in time and coach your favourite draft teams that were drafted by other coaches from years past. Starting with the GDL1 rom, participants will get to select 1 team from all available pre-drafted teams in that rom. Selection will be made using a basic draft structure. Draft order will be based on your skill level. I will do my best to rank everyone fairly. Weakest coaches to pick early, stronger coaches to pick late.

Structure: 

36 game season

GENS A 10 coaches, play each opponent 4 times, 2 home 2 away.

GENS B 10 coaches, play each opponent 4 times, 2 home 2 away.

Top 6 (2 byes) make the playoffs. Best of Seven. No reseeding between rounds.

Please feel free to leave and comments or suggestions and vote in the polls.

I want this to be a great event so everyone's input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sebe_The_Legend

I'd suggest making playoffs top 6 (top 2 byes) or even tougher with only top 4 to make the regular season more meaningful   8/10 in playoffs is a little too generous imo.  

Fun way to use some old ROMs!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingraph said:

I'd suggest making playoffs top 6 (top 2 byes) or even tougher with only top 4 to make the regular season more meaningful   8/10 in playoffs is a little too generous imo.  

Fun way to use some old ROMs!  

But Raph I wanna make the playoffs lol'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Premium said:

ppl here can't afford a $25 entry fee?

That is one interpretation.  But there are many ways to interpret.

Speaking for myself, I don't like $$ sullying my participation.  It takes the "fun" out of it.  Prefer to play with other people doing it casually, for enjoyment, that aren't going to take it too seriously.

(Relatedly, I always wished the in-person King of 94s would have a nominal entry fee, to cover venue expenses alone.  Especially after forking over $$ for travel/hotels.)

Edited by aqualizard
  • Love 1

I 100% support this concept.  If you still want to get together casually with people, there is nothing stopping you.

There has to be a carrot at the top to keep people interested, and there has to be a penalty to those so say eff it.  That penalty is being out $25 for not giving a s**t.

This is no different than fantasy sports.  Those who don't pay stop changing their lineups after week 3.

3 hours ago, Edge of '94 Midwest said:

This is no different than fantasy sports.  Those who don't pay stop changing their lineups after week 3.

2 different concepts.  Yes, free keeps me from caring about gambling, but here?  I'd be more inclined to walk away IF I paid. "I'm getting smoked by 10 goals every night AND it cost me money?"  

I think this sounds awesome and would def play if there's room, but I know that spots are limited and not looking to take a team from a regular.....

i’d join, and would prefer no fees.don’t agree at all about people not caring anymore due to not being a money league. my main fantasy basketball league has never been a money league and everyone has always stayed active over the course of 11 years.