NHL'94 Forums

Gens - A - Toronto - needs replacing?

hokkeefan

If he wants out, I suggest we take JesusPlaysNHL94. Always reliable, always entertaining.

Or bump up CaseClosed (another skilled, reliable player)

Is there no more waiting list? No disrespect to Addison or Hokkee but having a coaches in both A and B just isnt right.

If he wants out, I suggest we take JesusPlaysNHL94. Always reliable, always entertaining.

Or bump up CaseClosed (another skilled, reliable player)

Is there no more waiting list? No disrespect to Addison or Hokkee but having a coaches in both A and B just isnt right.

if there are players to replace the b-teams for addison and I that will acually stick around ......yeah replace us

I dont know exactly where i am on the waiting list, but all i know is that i would love to be included on any open team in the GENS B leauge no matter the position of the team or how many games are left to be played.

Hey guys,

I got responses a couple days ago from Caseclosed and Brice (Brice also was speaking for Nick) that these guys will be playing their games. I have given them a few days, and if there's no activity for these guys soon they will all be replaced.

The reason I don't just stick new guys in A should be pretty self explanatory.

And yes, Clockwise/Jesussaves would be a perfect addition to A.

I'm doing my best to keep the Gens Leagues rolling, overall it seems to be ok. I think Ken has a couple games to confirm and hopefully he'll keep playing.

-Evan

If a spot opens up in the A league, my suggestion would be a mini tournament to see who takes the place.

Rules:

1. 3 players (Clockwise, JesusPlaysNHL94, myself)

2. Best of 3 series format.

3. Only Chicago can't be selected.

4. The same rules should be used as league.

5. People on the board agree on rankings for us. So if Jesus is ranked 1, Clockwise and Cash Money would play a three game series to see who plays Jesus in a 3 game series. Winner gets invited to the A league.

This would give the A league the best player available.

Thoughts?

If a spot opens up in the A league, my suggestion would be a mini tournament to see who takes the place.

Rules:

2. Best of 3 series format.

3. Only Chicago can't be selected.

4. The same rules should be used as league.

5. People on the board agree on rankings for us. So if Jesus is ranked 1, Clockwise and Cash Money would play a three game series to see who plays Jesus in a 3 game series. Winner gets invited to the A league.

This would give the A league the best player available.

Thoughts?

This is getting serious, I love it.

What city do you guys live in? I say you get together and just kick the crap out of each other for the spots!

Three 5-minute rounds (periods), no penis shots!

Rules:

Clockwise = JesusplaysNHL94 :lol:

overall activity has been good, but I havnt played a league game in weeks because nobody seems to want to play..

Guest BSDaemon

Umm... as far as I know... the people who get in are determined by the order of the waiting list....

I mean... thats kind of the purpose of a waiting list, isn't it? I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the first in the list and didn't get to play, or was told I had to play-off for my spot.

As far as having "the best" player, I don't think that should matter. People who are terrible at the game have just as much fun playing as players who are amazing. It shouldn't be determined by how good they are, but rather whether they will play all of their games or not. I'd rather a player who plays all his games who absolutely sucks, over a player who never shows up and is awesome. And if they both play all their games - I think it should go in the order they signed up. That's what lines are for.

Umm... as far as I know... the people who get in are determined by the order of the waiting list....

I mean... thats kind of the purpose of a waiting list, isn't it? I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the first in the list and didn't get to play, or was told I had to play-off for my spot.

Umm...as far as I've seen...the people who got to the A league so far were not determined by the waiting list.

There already were quite a few spots in the B league taken over by people on the wait list and there might be a couple more in the near future.

The progression should be Wait list -> B League -> A League. AddisonBr and Hokkeefan already said that they would give up their B leauge teams for people on the wait list. I would do the same.

Umm...as far as I've seen...the people who got to the A league so far were not determined by the waiting list.

There already were quite a few spots in the B league taken over by people on the wait list and there might be a couple more in the near future.

The progression should be Wait list -> B League -> A League. AddisonBr and Hokkeefan already said that they would give up their B leauge teams for people on the wait list. I would do the same.

Yes i agree anyone in B that is good enough to move up should get first priority no matter how much better anyone else might be

Guest BSDaemon
Man, what a dick. I thought you were going away... Guess we're not so lucky.

Who want's to take a forfeit win? How lame is that?

Uhh, yeah, you're an idiot.

Who wants to take a forefit win? Nobody. But you get to a point where if the guy isn't going to play, and he's not going to be replaced, that you concentrate your energy on something useful, instead of whining on a forum.

that's not even cool, BSDaemon. Seriously. Especially when there are other guys waiting to play. Let him say whatever the f**k he wants. That's why it's a forum. And it's none of your concern anyway, you play the snes version if i'm correct. stay out of it.

Guest BSDaemon
that's not even cool, BSDaemon. Seriously. Especially when there are other guys waiting to play. Let him say whatever the f**k he wants. That's why it's a forum. And it's none of your concern anyway, you play the snes version if i'm correct. stay out of it.

Theres nothing wrong with what I said. Theres no need to say again and again and again that people need replacing. The admins are on it. Just get over it.

And it IS my concern, since he's posting in the forum that I read as well.

:P

since the start of this thread, no toronto games have been played.

I've messaged Ken twice for games, but he has been working both times. It seems he isn't available enough to connect with guys in this league to finish out the fall 2006 season.

My suggestion is that he is replaced for the remainder of the season ASAP. The games need to be played, time is running out, and Ken is typically unavailable. I know that Ken deserves to be in the A league, and recommend him for the next season if he is available, but it isn't working out right now. Let's finish the season on time!

Guys,

I just spoke with Ken, and he has assured me he's going to try to play 30 games in 9 days. I'm keeping him to his word, so hopefully he gets all these games in.

-Evan