NHL'94 Forums

Questions

angryjay93

I'm sure these questions have been answered several times, but i just cant help myself because i cant find the answers anywhere.

1. Why arent line changes being used?

2. Why is there no offsides?

3. How many people get promoted from league B and how many get regulated from league A after the playoffs?

These are the three main questions i have right now, so if anyone has answeres id like to hear them.

1. Why arent line changes being used?

Because for online play we want the game to be quick, painless, and full of offensive fun.

2. Why is there no offsides?

Same reason as above.

3. How many people get promoted from league B and how many get regulated from league A after the playoffs?

This is really to be determined, but expect somewhere around 2-5 to move around from each console.

The rules will never satisfy everyone, but what we have now seems to work well. We're always open to change though.

Hope this helps!

-Evan

Evan explained it well, but I've found for at least the SNES division that almost every guy I've run into has preferred no offsides and no line changes for their own matches at home or at a buddies house. I'm a real miser for interrupts in the flow of the game and even icing calls make me stand up and do some fist shaking :|

Guest BSDaemon
Evan explained it well, but I've found for at least the SNES division that almost every guy I've run into has preferred no offsides and no line changes for their own matches at home or at a buddies house. I'm a real miser for interrupts in the flow of the game and even icing calls make me stand up and do some fist shaking :|

you get dirty looks from the people i play with if you allow an icing to be called on the other team. you either let them get it and crush them, or get it with your goalie... goals and penalties are pretty much the only reason our games ever stop

I used to be the same way about icings, sending my goalie after the puck so as not to stop the game, and I'll still do that in friendly f**k-around games.

But in competitive games, either in this league or in championship play at the94kid's place, I've changed and now will touch up for the icing. Winning the faceoff in the other end and scoring could end up being the difference between winning and losing an important game. I know it's annoying to have the game stop, but I want to provide myself with as many chances to score as possible, so yeah gimme the faceoff at the other end now.

I somewhat disagree with Deer's reply.

If you use your goalie to get the puck then you retain possesion %100 of

the time. If you touch up for icing, you have a faceoff at the other hand which say is 50/50.

In addition to that you can knock a player or 2 down with your goalie & create an odd man chance. Where as a faceoff in the other team's zone will put all his players in good defensive position.

I guess I shoulda said I completely disagree with Deer's reply.

Guest BSDaemon

I disagree with deer as well, because the points you make are true.

However!!!! I've seen plenty of players (myself included) who have given up goals because they went out of their way to stop an icing with their goalie, miss the puck, and are wayyy out of position.

I think it really becomes situational as far as stopping icings go, in league play. In fun games, sure... go try for it, knock some guys over, and see what happens.

For that matter, I've started freezing the puck sometimes with my goalie (only in league play) if i dont see a setup I like, or dont have anyone in decent position to pass to.