NHL'94 Forums

Florida back on the riseee

Carse

after an embarassing 4-15 start, the team full of backups from various NHL teams around the league have completely turned it around, going 9-4-1 in their last 14 games. Considering every player on the team rides the pine for your team, even in line change games, thats saying somthing. The team is finally making the coach look smart for picking them early on draft day

Bryan Fogarty was actually an incredible talent. He had one of the best careers in the history of junior hockey. He broke Bobby Orr's OHL records for goals and points by a defenceman in a season, scoring something like 48 goals and something like 150-some points for Niagara Falls in 1988-89, and was named CHL Player of the Year that year.

However, in one of the NHL's more tragic stories, Fogarty's life and career were ruined by drug and alcohol abuse, which was apparently fuelled in large part by a personality/social disorder that he used drugs and alcohol to try and escape from. His NHL career was a bust, as he bounced around from team to team and never even came close to realizing the potential he showed in junior, and his troubled life came to a terrible end a couple of years after he played his last NHL game, when he was found dead in a school in I believe it was Branford, Ontario, due to a drug overdose. As I said, one of the sadder stories ever involving an NHL player.

The Quebec Nordiques had two first round picks in 1987. It wasn't until their second one that they selected Joe Sakic; they used their first on Fogarty. That tells you how highly touted he was coming out of junior.

I wasn't saying that you were saying Fogarty sucked, I just felt like telling his story for any that were unaware.

I agree, the Brian Forgarty story is one that is very sad. I remember reading an article about it in the Hockey News a few years ago. He was an amazing talent, but his career just wasnt meant to be. I only said it was torture to score with Brian Fogarty because of his enemic 38 rating in the game. In no way shape or form did i mean to ridicule Brian Fogarty with my comments and i apologize if i gave anyone the impression i was. I would just like to thank the Deer for providing the specifics of Brian Fogarty's rise and fall.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i love using him whenever i use pitt tho because its like the game knew he was drunk and sometimes it is impossible to knock him over.. and sometimes he falls when u breathe on him.. just ask Cam Kneely about his run ins with Foags..

BUT LETS NOT MISS THE POINT THE PANTHERS ARE DEEP IN A MID SEASON TURN AROUND for the records

I have a hard time believing there's anyone in the game worse than Gino Cavallini of my Nordiques.

His rating isn't overly horrible, but he quite literally can't accept a pass, and does everything he can to f**k s**t up on me whenever I get the displeasure of the computer throwing him out on the PK to replace Owen Nolan at LW when Nolan gets the gate.

My friends against whom I play on console can vouch for the million times I've yelled "GINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the TV after Cavallini fucked the dog on me YET again.

God he's terrible.

PS- The absolute best was one time I was playing in front of these guys I hardly knew. Gino screwed up because it's his job, and I started going on about how he was the worst player in the game, and one of them informed me that he was his cousin!!! He then said he was glad I brought attention to it because he had always told his friends he was cousins with former NHLers, the Cavallini brothers Gino and Paul, and they didn't believe him cuz they had never heard of them. So he was glad when I drew attention to Gino on 94, b/c it made them finally believe him!

Why don't you stick Nolan on RW then, so when he gets the gate no one goes in for him?

I prefer Ricci over Nolan when playing with Quebec anywho.

Edit: Just played with him at LW against the AI, he got a hat trick and second star (Hextall was first) in a 6-0 Quebec win