NHL'94 Forums

UltraMagnus

Hey Fellow NHLers.

Im sending this out to see who might be interested in playing a league with every games played and we can have the users play on retroarch for netplay. I just started for NHL 94 CDL season 3. And this seems like something NHL95 can use as well. Drop a note here and lets get 26 guys and play a full season head to head.

Confirmed/Tentative* already. Looking for 26 ideally, but 20 would work.

1. @UltraMagnus - Kansas City Outlaws
  2. @segathon - Minnesota Mullets
  3. @kingraph - Anaheim Ducks
  4. @Heinz57 - Kolner Haie
  5. @SammieSmith33 - Minnesota Maximals
  6. @halifax - Halifax Schooners
  7. aftershock84 - Troy City Titans
  8. bombjack - California Golden Seals
  9. @Walter Sobchak/ @bclinto1  - Autobahn Autobahn
  10. @LHX - Renfrew Creamery Kings
  11. @AT ONE SIR - Binghamton Dusters  
  12. @Jeelock - Pensacola Ice Flyers
  13. @leviathan - Hartford Hot Jets (tentative)
  14. @mcline88 - North Wales Whalers
  15. @wolf_of_highland - Highland Wolf
  16. @Gambi - Brantford Smoke
  17. @james4ster - Troy City Tea Baggers
  18. @gaelicgopher - Minnesota Moose
  19. @TrunzoEBC - New York EBC
  20. @Dinkleberg - Dinkleberg Dinkleberries
  21. @bclinton - Richfield Oracles
  22. ....
  23. ....
  24. ....
  25. ....
  26. ....
Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Like 1

This can definitely work.  We tried this with @segathona little more than a year ago.  There were some technical issues we ran into with desyncs, but I think we figured it out in the end.  Unfortunately it never took off due to limited participation.  Testing will be key -- let's make sure we can get some successful exhibition games in.

Here's the original post -- https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/19693-nhl95-online-rom-info/

You can read through some of the troubleshooting we did to make it work.

Also, if this takes off, we'd need to capture the locations (offsets) in the savestate (RAM) for the boxscores (like this).  OR, worse case we can just manually keep track of wins/losses.

Having said all of that, I am happy to help test and be part of a '95 league.  Count me in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingraph said:

This can definitely work.  We tried this with @segathona little more than a year ago.  There were some technical issues we ran into with desyncs, but I think we figured it out in the end.  Unfortunately it never took off due to limited participation.  Testing will be key -- let's make sure we can get some successful exhibition games in.

Here's the original post -- https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/19693-nhl95-online-rom-info/

You can read through some of the troubleshooting we did to make it work.

Also, if this takes off, we'd need to capture the locations (offsets) in the savestate (RAM) for the boxscores (like this).  OR, worse case we can just manually keep track of wins/losses.

Having said all of that, I am happy to help test and be part of a '95 league.  Count me in.

Definitely!!! I was thinking of tweaking the league maybe reducing it to 20 teams or reducing the game amount. I did one for @segathonwith only 15 games each team. Have 2 conferences of 10 each abs 5 per division. 

Also, have a custom team option and/or fantasy draft to make the teams. Last place team picks 1st overall. 

Also, give a custom team name, logo and jersey colors. Just an idea.

Kind take the rosters from 95 to present and can add players each year. But limit the players per team so its not long to do. Similar to NHL 94 CDL. 5F, 3D and 2G.

@UltraMagnus Keeping 95 Alive!

I'd be down for sure.  Tried to Commish a League when Pandemic hit but didn't have enough free time to do full commish duties.  But I'd be great help as a high ranking board member for this league.

There are some issues with 95 online.  95 has Been plagued with desyncs through the years.  @kingraphand I got it to work, but took a few times and I bet there are more desyncs hiding in the weeds when others start playing.  I think we may need @UltraMagnusbig brain to do a ROM that may cause less desyncs.

The other hurdle I encountered most of the 95 Aficionados have lost a lot of brain cells drinking beer and don't have many left to figure out online play.   All the Segathon League Roster would want to play but only a few are capable of figuring it out online like @TecmoJon Tecmo Kris. LOL 

I made a 95 Segathon Discord and others around the world who wanted to play expressed interest. https://discord.gg/x3qs8D9  I bet we could get some of them onboard but lets work the bugs out first.

Keeping everyone in the loop. Looking for 2-3 guys to test some games over netplay to figure out the NHL95 season.

Ive determined the best way to complete the league in an exciting and fun manner.

• Limit the games in the season mode to a specific amount. Already completed regardless of length. ie Segathon custom mode (15 games)
  • Teams are to be a draft / original rosters, or see below.
    • Each season there is a draft (worst gets 1st, best gets last), each season (NHL 95-NHL 21) from the original will bring in any new players (ie rookies) and rosters improve or decrease based on the actual season results (Roenick in 95 --91 overall, in 96 he is 89...impacts each team to plan.)
  • Custom divisions 
  • Custom teams (provide your logo, team name, arena and jersey, ie... Alaska Puck Hounds
  • Custom settings (Ie, 1min Penalties, period lenghts, etc.)

If your interested, please post your comments and suggestions.

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Like 1

If your joining, that's great. Once you have your team name, logos and jerseys let me know. This site is great if you want to get ideas or have a team in mind. Just make sure if you do use any of them, let me know which ones.

Hockey Logos - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

i can run thru the tech specs this weekend, but if everything goes cool id love to join -

if yall have done this in the past, what kind of general schedules do you try to keep?

evenings and weekends type of deal?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LHX said:

i can run thru the tech specs this weekend, but if everything goes cool id love to join -

if yall have done this in the past, what kind of general schedules do you try to keep?

evenings and weekends type of deal?

@LHXthis hasn't been done yet, that I'm aware of for NHL95. But ill be keeping in mind your location in the world news, as well as what makes sense for most, if not all on timing. Want everyone to feel like there is some flexibility.

2 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

@LHXthis hasn't been done yet, that I'm aware of for NHL95. But ill be keeping in mind your location in the world news, as well as what makes sense for most, if not all on timing. Want everyone to feel like there is some flexibility.

awesome - good to know -

im relatively flexible but will have some days that will be a straight no-go -

regarding the setup:

i was prepared to dedicate a good 4 or 5 hours to see if i could get this to work, and the damn thing ended up working no problem -

controller is mapped and everything -

so i think im ready to rock!

put me in the division of people that think they are really good but get humbled when they play strangers from other places -

41 minutes ago, LHX said:

awesome - good to know -

im relatively flexible but will have some days that will be a straight no-go -

regarding the setup:

i was prepared to dedicate a good 4 or 5 hours to see if i could get this to work, and the damn thing ended up working no problem -

controller is mapped and everything -

so i think im ready to rock!

put me in the division of people that think they are really good but get humbled when they play strangers from other places -

Great. Just need your team, jersey colors and logo.

Edited by UltraMagnus

Before the draft starts, I'll be posting everyone's team edited in the game with their logo, jersey and banner and ice image. 

Then we will hold the draft where I'll put everyone into a randomizer to know the draft order. 

We will pick the players and it will be 6 forwards, 4 defenceman and 2 goalies.

Each coach will have 3 draft picks for each season that can be traded to move up in the following season.

So far, this is where we are. Ideally we need to get some more guys/gals to join. If you know anyone let them know. 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:57 PM, LHX said:

love the team, may have to do an old team like that as well.

• Love 1

• 1 year later...
wn95hlleague-header-1024x485.png
This is the best thing on the Internet

Just did a google and found this is the top search for NHL 95 Online League.  AND YES IT IS STILL GOING.  JOIN US!

If you longed for the old Dorm Days of the Late 90s Playing Full Season Modes in NHL 95 with a dozen other players.  Well your prayers have been answered!

We have multiple NHL 95 Leagues now.  All you need is a Computer, Internet Connection, and a Controller.  Everything else is Free Free Free.  

The Crown Jewel of NHL 95 leagues is the W (see pic above) It is 32 teams, Dynasty League with draft, trades, and full stat tracking. It’s also a great community with podcasts, league news articles, and just guys being dudes as the kids say. 

The link to our league is below on a thing called Discord. Don’t worry its kinda a mix of AOL and old page forums. Sign up

https://discord.gg/x3qs8D9

Edited by segathon
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...