NHL'94 Forums

NHL 96 modding help

Jlsegafan2001

I am trying to mod player portraits for NHL 96, but there is a massive issue that I need to solve: No matter what I do with the palettes, the new pictures always look soulless and nothing like the intended pictures. I have not only attached screenshots of what GIMP and Photoshop do, but also the original pictures of Andy Moog and Darcy Wakaluk, and the new pictures of Maikls Andersons and Jack Lymrick, two characters from an alternate universe of mine. The latter pictures are what I'm trying to add to the game.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.19.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.20.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.23.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.22.15 PM.png

moogog.png

wakalukog.png

wakaluk.png

moog.png

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

How can you change pictures, I use NHLINFO and i want also to add new cards for all the players and change pictures. For exampel Tim Cheveldea (golie win) does have a donrus card but you cant see in the game. Thank you

To see Cheveldae's card, find where it is in DONRUSS.VIV (you might need to extract the game files from the ISO and put them in a new folder to see the file). Then go into the roster editor, and press "D".

This is the database editor, where you can assign new picture IDs to players. Photo 1 is the portrait, and Photo 2 is the Donruss card.

Type in the ID of his Donruss card in "Photo 2". It should be the same as the number in Photo 1.

After that, you make an iso out of that folder, and install the game...

...sike! Even if you do all this, the button allowing you to switch between the card and the photo still won't show up. But if that DID work, these would be the steps to take.

Edited by Jlsegafan2001

Now, I will try to do the same to all the others players and if you help how to add new cars in the ISO file I will do it.

2 other things maybe you have an idea.

1. The puck is very big. I want to keep the size but to put a smaller dot and around it with a shadow. It will look great.

2. The attributes need to be change. for exempel i would like to have a player with attribute 100 in the card to move like a player with attribute 65, but still show 100 in the attribute card. when i do it in the nhl view, of course the fields in the card stops half way.

Thank you

I can send you guys my file with the right attributes so the players can skate and behave conformably ( I'm still using the Original Players ratings, just adapt it to look more real. Let the players play by themself in rookie mode and look at the result !

It does look really good. If you want to play with friends or alone I rec other attributes, the computer will give you a challenge for your money. Just let me know 

Bure.png

Edited by Cozmicus

12 minutes ago, Cozmicus said:

Now, I will try to do the same to all the others players and if you help how to add new cars in the ISO file I will do it.

2 other things maybe you have an idea.

1. The puck is very big. I want to keep the size but to put a smaller dot and around it with a shadow. It will look great.

2. The attributes need to be change. for exempel i would like to have a player with attribute 100 in the card to move like a player with attribute 65, but still show 100 in the attribute card. when i do it in the nhl view, of course the fields in the card stops half way.

Thank you

1) I'm not sure how to do that.

2) I got in touch with a software developer I know of that could maybe add support for those files in their own application, which would then allow me to add new files to the viv files.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

1) I'm not sure how to do that.

2) I got in touch with a software developer I know of that could maybe add support for those files in their own application, which would then allow me to add new files to the viv files.

Ok nr 1 its hard I understand, maybe we can ask around.

For nr 2 when do you think we can have a result? 42 players lacks face cards, and 382 needs cards. I can help you find all of the pictures and cards and send it to you in the right size and so, just let me know how you want them. I'm very keen to do it right away !

• 4 weeks later...

HI friend, what's the status with this topic ? (please se bellow).  did you found time to secure a software developer?