NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 2022 ROM by The Sauce

Sauce

Update to the previous post...

I just re-posted V2.  I forgot to add some additional playoff scenarios to this version.  Using @baronsfan88's feedback, I added some additional bracket scenarios.  I still included last year's bracket (MTL vs TBL finals), as well, but wanted to incorporate this feedback into this ROM.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.  Cheers!

Edited by Sauce

NHL94 2022 v2

2 hours ago, Sauce said:

*No Evander Kane.  Since he was waived, yesterday, I took him out of the ROM.  There is a chance that he won't play for the Sharks again but, we'll see...

LOL - man, you're not fooling around. By any chance, is your last name Lamoriello? :)

If 3v3 is your "jam", like myself, I have posted (rather, re-uploaded) a 3s version of this ROM in the GENS section.  If not, please disregard.  :)

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just found this forum, and very excited that I did.

I appreciate all the work everyone has put into updating this amazing game for us to enjoy with the latest rosters.

I am having an issue extracting the rom however, the .bin file cannot be opened/extracted on my Mac. I use OpenEMU as my emulator and would really like to use this rom, but unfortunately no luck in accessing the file because the .bin file is unable to be accessed.

Anyone here use a Mac that would be able to help? That would be amazing!

19 minutes ago, inthequantum said:

Hi all, just found this forum, and very excited that I did.

I appreciate all the work everyone has put into updating this amazing game for us to enjoy with the latest rosters.

I am having an issue extracting the rom however, the .bin file cannot be opened/extracted on my Mac. I use OpenEMU as my emulator and would really like to use this rom, but unfortunately no luck in accessing the file because the .bin file is unable to be accessed.

Anyone here use a Mac that would be able to help? That would be amazing!

I don't know enough about Mac, especially as it pertains to OpenEMU, but I did a forum search and found this...
Might be worth trying a different emulator program.  That is, unless someone here has some additional insight for OpenEMU.

Thank you Sauce.

OpenEmu works great on the Mac, the issue I am having is expanding the .bin file to get access to the actual rom file to load. Any chance you could send the rom file to my email?

I have tried a few different extracting programs but with no success :(

Hello @inthequantum,

I know why it’s not working… the BIN *is* the ROM! Just drop it in OpenEMU, and it will work fine. I believe The Sauce’s ROM is uncompressed and ready to go. But even if it were zipped, no need to unzip it with OpenEMU, just drop it in. 
cheers,

-Adam

p.s. FYI, OpenEMU, is not an emulator, but a front end for various emulator cores, sort of like Retroarch. Last I checked, it uses GenesisPlus 1.7.4.14 to play Genesis/Mega Drive ROMs.

Edited by AdamCatalyst
  • Like 2

Adam, you genius you.

So I had tried that earlier and for some reason it didn't load. I dragged it in another way, and sure enough, there it is! What a fun time playing with the new updated NHL 94 ROM.

Now, I have to ask, what is everyone's favorite version of this rom? Is there one that everyone considers the best, or the one that people use as the default when playing online?

So excited that this community exists, and now wishing there was a poster that had all the updated teams with player rankings to really geek out.

No prob!

As for what is everyone's favourite version, I'd suggest taking some time to read through some more posts, get to know some of the personalities and vibe here. There are certainly some ROMs that are more popular than others, but I think you'll find lots of different people appreciating different ROMs for different reasons, and not much discussion, let alone consensus as to what's best. As for the default playing online, I've never played online, so I can't speak to that!

I'm new here, but I've only been treated with respect, and I hope you have a similarly positive experience. Let's leave The Sauce's thread here for comments and questions about this ROM, and head over to the other forums to chat about this other stuff where I'm sure people who know more than me will help you out. :)

1 hour ago, inthequantum said:

Now, I have to ask, what is everyone's favorite version of this rom? Is there one that everyone considers the best, or the one that people use as the default when playing online?

Be respectful to me and my fellow modders.  I'm proud of all of my work and my colleagues do great work too.  If you asking what is the best season rom of any of the season roms (done by me and others) ... don't turn this into a competition!  If you are asking which of mine is the best (against my other work), again, don't turn this into a competition.

Edited by Sauce
  • Like 1

All respect to your ROM Sauce! Just played it through and won the cup with the Colorado Avalanche! That was a fun experience.

I will check out the other threads and get to know the forum, but I will always remember playing yours first. I can tell you one thing for sure, this game is much more challenging than the original, and I really appreciate that.

Happy New Years Sauce, and Adam for your help.

Howdy!  Sorry for the delay in posting an updated version of the ROM... been a crazy, busy couple of weeks.  V3 of this ROM is now in the OP.

Added Tuukka Rask to Boston and some new players on some other teams.  I haven't added Jack Eichel, yet.  Waiting until he is cleared to play to see the impact on the roster.

As always, lines and D-pairings are not 100% accurate.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.  Cheers!

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Sauce said:

Added Tuukka Rask to Boston and some new players on some other teams.  I haven't added Jack Eichel, yet.  Waiting until he is cleared to play to see the impact on the roster.

Edited by AdamCatalyst
deleted.

11 minutes ago, AdamCatalyst said:

Awesomeness! Looking forward to giving it a spin. I've been working on a major roster update on my ROM, and can't figure out hot to objectively re-rate Rask right now. I was actually really curious to see what you did… I think your rating makes good sense for now.

If you're doing your own, which is great, make it your own.  Please do not use my ratings or work.  Be original!  Thank you!

Also, please be respectful and promote your own work on your thread.  I'm sure it will be great.  Please do not promote it here as I don't do that to you.  Thanks!

Edited by Sauce

Sorry, it seems like I struck a nerve… I was curious to see what you would do, as I look up to you and respect your work. And I would *never* promote my work in your thread. Never! In the past I have actively guided conversation in your ROM thread to stick to the subject of your superlative work, and refused to even mention my ROM when outright asked about other ROMs. If you honestly think I've been promoting my ROM in your thread, just let me know which posts, and I will delete those right away, no questions asked! Will start with the one you just quoted.

2 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

Sorry, it seems like I struck a nerve… I was curious to see what you would do, as I look up to you and respect your work. And I would *never* promote my work in your thread. Never! In the past I have actively guided conversation in your ROM thread to stick to the subject of your superlative work, and refused to even mention my ROM when outright asked about other ROMs. If you honestly think I've been promoting my ROM in your thread, just let me know which posts, and I will delete those right away, no questions asked! Will start with the one you just quoted.

Adam - 2 things:

1.  When you talk about (doing) your work, in my thread, you are promoting your work!  Do you not get that?  I don't need you to erase anything.  Just stop doing it.  

2.  You and I have discussed this which is why it's annoying for me... if you want to do your own thing, great!  More flavors are good for this forum.  Skip dropped out, for now, so it's just me and Naples (doing season roms) and there is room for more.  But, did you ever notice that those two and I are different in our approach?  Please stop borrowing from me.  You don't need to as you are clearly talented enough to do the work.  I don't understand why folks do this.  It's not flattering.  Be an original.  People will respect you (even) more for being one.  You are an intelligent guy and so far, have been helping the community.  You don't need my work as inspiration.  

There are no explanations needed.  Do your own thing, in your own forum thread.  Be original and best wishes for it!

Edited by Sauce
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobr99 said:

Everything is super as always, but now in the edmonton team 3 goalkeeper russian Ilya konovalov

Thank you!  Konovalov is on the team "taxi squad" and has yet to play a game.  He is 3rd on the depth chart behind Koskinen and Skinner.  Mike Smith is expected back in a few weeks.  Since Konovlaov is waiver exempt, he will likely be sent back to the AHL once Smith returns (assuming no one is traded).  If he sticks around, I'll keep him in mind for a future update.

I discovered that I have the wrong arena name for the Winnipeg Jets (an oversight) in the latest version of the ROM.  It's incorrect in the 3v3 version as well.  It will be updated in a later version. 

LA's funky new arena name was added to V3 as it became official at the end of December 2021.

Edited by Sauce

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, super new here - but just had a question - I tried the bin file as a WAD for Wii, even through GenPlus as loading bin as normal for Wii and no go - any reason for that? I haven't tried yet on SNES/NES Mini, but does this ROM work there? Thank you!

9 minutes ago, JazzyJT08 said:

Hi all, super new here - but just had a question - I tried the bin file as a WAD for Wii, even through GenPlus as loading bin as normal for Wii and no go - any reason for that? I haven't tried yet on SNES/NES Mini, but does this ROM work there? Thank you!

no i dont think it works because its a rom for gen not snes

Good Evening!

V4 of this season ROM has been posted (see OP).

What's new/updated?

*Out with Tuukka Rask and in with Evander Kane and Jack Eichel (who debuts tomorrow night)
*Tyler Toffoli traded to CGY
*Some additional players added (not as notable as Kane or Eichel)
*Winnipeg's arena finally has the correct/new name (oversight on my part).  LA's was updated in V3.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.  Lines are not 100% accurate. Left guys like Mark Stone and Anthony Mantha in the active lineups despite being on LTIR.  As we don't know if they will return for the season, or just for the playoffs, I left them active (for now).  Feel free to change as you see fit.

Next update will be the Trade Deadline edition.  Cheers!

Edited by Sauce
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sauce, 

Just a very small nitpick, I've noticed looking at teams who play at home that their logo vary in size. Some are bigger than others. If it's not too much of a hassle, could you have all the logos be the same size? If possible, maybe using embroidered logos might make them look sharper. 

Just a thought. 

Cheers!

As an update, I will post the Trade Deadline version of this ROM sometime this week (not gonna forecast the exact date).  There's plenty of work to do on it but, I got a good chunk of it completed today.  :)  Things like new jersey numbers are still being comfirmed so don't want to rush to post just to re-post.

So... to come...

Edited by Sauce
  • Love 2