NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 2022 ROM by The Sauce

Sauce

On 3/22/2022 at 12:06 AM, Sauce said:

As an update, I will post the Trade Deadline version of this ROM sometime this week (not gonna forecast the exact date).  There's plenty of work to do on it but, I got a good chunk of it completed today.  :)  Things like new jersey numbers are still being comfirmed so don't want to rush to post just to re-post.

So... to come...

The Trade Deadline version of this ROM (v5) is now available in the OP.

*Rosters are "post-deadline" with one notable absence.  I did not include Evgenii Dadonov.  Thanks to the ineptitude of the NHL, and possible negligance of Vegas and/or Ottawa (as finger pointing continues), he is now back on the Vegas roster as the traded was voided.  Unfortunately, Dadonov is rumored to still be on the trading block (which can still happen).  Because Vegas screwed themselves, and have massive cap issues, there is a growing liklihood that Dadonov gets traded once certain injured players return (to be cap compliant).  TBD.  If he gets traded, he can no longer play until next season per league rules.  If somehow, he manages to stay on the Vegas roster come playoff time *cough* mysterious LTIR of a player(s) *cough*, then I'll add him to my playoff/final version.

*Injured players that are rumored to be returning this regular season, or for the playoffs, are still in active rosters (Stone, Ekblad, etc).  There are some that are in the NLC mode (Couturier, Chabot, etc.) who are out for the season (injuries/surgery/whatnot).  But, they are not in the active lines for line changes mode.

*As per usual, all 800 players have been updated one way or another.  As were several headshots/NLC players.  Team ratings, per usual, were updated as well.

*Lines and D-pairings are not 100% accurate.  Change them as you see fit.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.  

Cheers!

Edited by Sauce
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sauce said:

The Trade Deadline version of this ROM (v5) is now available in the OP.

*Rosters are "post-deadline" with one notable absence.  I did not include Evgenii Dadonov.  Thanks to the ineptitude of the NHL, and possible negligance of Vegas and/or Ottawa (as finger pointing continues), he is now back on the Vegas roster as the traded was voided.  Unfortunately, Dadonov is rumored to still be on the trading block (which can still happen).  Because Vegas screwed themselves, and have massive cap issues, there is a growing liklihood that Dadonov gets traded once certain injured players return (to be cap compliant).  TBD.  If he gets traded, he can no longer play until next season per league rules.  If somehow, he manages to stay on the Vegas roster come playoff time *cough* mysterious LTIR of a player(s) *cough*, then I'll add him to my playoff/final version.

*Injured players that are rumored to be returning this regular season, or for the playoffs, are still in active rosters (Stone, Ekblad, etc).  There are some that are in the NLC mode (Couturier, Chabot, etc.) who are out for the season (injuries/surgery/whatnot).  But, they are not in the active lines for line changes mode.

*As per usual, all 800 players have been updated one way or another.  As were several headshots/NLC players.  Team ratings, per usual, were updated as well.

*Lines and D-pairings are not 100% accurate.  Change them as you see fit.

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.  

Cheers!

I just noticed one player on two teams ... DOH!!!

Been fixed and re-posted in the OP.

Howdy!

I got two requests to make Jeremy Swayman the default number 1 goalie on the Bruins.  I wasn't aware he has taken over as such.  The request seemed pretty reasonable to me so... done.  Re-posted the file in the OP. 

If you already downloaded the file, and don't wish to re-download it, then you have Linus Ullmark as the default #1.

If it's your "jam", I just posted a post-trade deadline version of the 3v3 version of this ROM.  Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sause, my respect for you and for your work on ROM. We (russian NHL94 community) found a gamebreaking bug in v5 (it appeared in v2) and a way to trigger it. You need to enable Line changes, start a game, then go to Edit Lines. Then you need to press Start and select Save Team Line. And, finally, you press Start again, select Load Team Line, and go to Power Play fives to see that one player disappeared (in best case, because in worst case you see more crazy stuff, look in attached images). If you do not go to PP fives and just start playing game after loading team lines, when another team earn a penalty and you select PP2, you can see a defender on ice with "?" instead of jersey number. And if that defender scores or assists, game graphics breaks. Bug can be triggered on some teams (at least three, STL, TBL and SEA), but i didn't test all 32.

NHL94 2022 v5-0000.png

NHL94 2022 v5-0001.png

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Memorinew said:

Hi Sause, my respect for you and for your work on ROM. We (russian NHL94 community) found a gamebreaking bug in v5 (it appeared in v2) and a way to trigger it. You need to enable Line changes, start a game, then go to Edit Lines. Then you need to press Start and select Save Team Line. And, finally, you press Start again, select Load Team Line, and go to Power Play fives to see that one player disappeared (in best case, because in worst case you see more crazy stuff, look in attached images). If you do not go to PP fives and just start playing game after loading team lines, when another team earn a penalty and you select PP2, you can see a defender on ice with "?" instead of jersey number. And if that defender scores or assists, game graphics breaks. Bug can be triggered on some teams (at least three, STL, TBL and SEA), but i didn't test all 32.

NHL94 2022 v5-0000.png

NHL94 2022 v5-0001.png

Well, that's certainly a new bug... thanks for reporting it.  I do not have an resolution for you now.  However, it's also not much of an issue as you can still edit the lines and D-pairs within the game (at anytime) and it/they will take affect.  Just make the desired change(s) and click "exit" to go back to the gameplay menu.  Don't save or load anything.  Your changes will still appear within the game that you are playing.

Thanks for downloading!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pedro_Ryuuzaki said:

One canmot play season mode in the NHL 94? Only 95?

I have a NHL 95 2022 edition I downloaded here on this website, but the uniforms are the reverste retro and I really want to play season with the normal uniforms

Yep, season mode was added in 95. 94 was one of the first games on Sega with a memory chip, so having playoffs and user records was all we got, it was probably added as an afterthought..

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible at all to add season mode to NHL94? Like maybe use the code from NHL95 and port it to NHL94? I guess ASM knowledge is mandatory and it's probably a lot of work but once it's done it's done forever.

18 hours ago, George said:

Is it possible at all to add season mode to NHL94? Like maybe use the code from NHL95 and port it to NHL94? I guess ASM knowledge is mandatory and it's probably a lot of work but once it's done it's done forever.

That's a crap ton of work that will likely never happen unless there was a team paid to do so.  I'd also love to see all those season modes, stats, trade players, create players, 2v2, etc features in '95 be a part of the '94 gameplay. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Targeting tomorrow to post the annual "playoff" version of this ROM.  If I can post it sooner, I will...

I will also update my 3v3 version of it but that may take a couple extra days due to availability.

Cheers!

The playoff version of this ROM has been posted.  I have removed versions 2-5.  If anyone liked or needs one of them, PM me as I have them all saved.

If you catch any mistakes, please let me know.  Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Sauce said:

The playoff version of this ROM has been posted.  I have removed versions 2-5.  If anyone liked or needs one of them, PM me as I have them all saved.

If you catch any mistakes, please let me know.  Thanks!

One thing that I forgot to mention about this ROM...

For playoff teams, guys not expected to play due to injury (i.e. - Drew Doughty) are in the ROM but not within the active players if you play with line changes turned on.  They may appear in the NLC defaults.  If an injured player(s) is rumored/expected to return/play in the playoffs, they are likely in the active rosters.

For non-playoff teams, guys (i.e. - Sean Couturier, Clayton Keller, etc.) who had season-ending injuries are in the active rosters for line changes and possibly, NLC default.  It makes it more fun to play as those teams.

Lines and D-pairings are not 100% accurate so change them as you see fit.

Cheers!

The 3v3 playoff version of this ROM has been posted in its own thread as well.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, Sauce said:

NHL94 2023 by Sauce.png

Hi All,

My apologies but, I thought I'd have this live today but there is still some work to be completed.  Unfortunately, last week was a busy one and got away from me.  I didn't get a chance to finish it up this weekend as originally planned.  I'm around 95% done so I just need a little more time.  Don't want to make the mistake of forecasting the new go-live date but... soon.

Stay tuned...

-Sauce

• 1 month later...