NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 Editing.

I am very very New at editing so I am taking my first shot at it with NHLPA 93 since I do not know how to do logos plus the league I am making is the defunct UHL

which fighting is a must lol. I was wondering where is an appropriate spot to post any questions I may have. I did post my question under an NHLPA 93 topic but I saw

a lot of posts and replies from there were from years ago. 

The main issue I am having is no matter how many times I read the tutorials I can not figure out how to change the team names on the banners at the selection screen.   

Guess you liked that documentary eh?

Actually I have a question, as the banners are all sprite based and the information is located in different places and the process would be a bit different depending on which version of NHLPA 93 you might be trying to mod.

Are you using wboy's 30-Team mod as your base?
[with this splash screen]
image.png
This is probably the easiest to work with if you are just starting.

Or Slapshot's 32-Team mod?
image.png
This is good to work with too, but will require some extra steps.

or hopefully not trying something silly like using the original NHLPA'93 ROM.
image.png
[I tried doing stuff with this one before and man, it's a lot of extra work]

Edited by von Ozbourme
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

graphics are probably the hardest to fathom out

get something like GIMP (there are others that might have lesser steps to the process) to make the banners and TILE MOLESTER to actually put the banners in the game, but that is quite complicated but i had a LOT of fun making them and you can make them any design you want if you're brave.  and if you are download HxD hex editor and have a rummage around the rom reading an alien language ;) also find the tm93-30team download on here too, that has pictorials on what to do and a very handy font so you can directly paste in the lettering into your banners in the paint program

i started using wboys 30 team rom but i now use his 32 team rom using a custom made spreadsheet from smozoma's SNES version

goodis luckus