NHL'94 Forums

2on2 quirks and glitches

clockwise

The 2on2 rom exhibits some funny and bizare glitches that only enhance 2on2's personality imo. If you encounter any that you feel deserve honorable mention, post em here.

- Puck freezes at the goal line.

I've only seen this occur in the 2on2 rom, and only twice. Both times the puck eventualy went in after about 10 seconds.

- Player star gets stuck on the goalie, and the player becomes a spectator until a stopage.

Most common of all the glitches.

- Player transforms into a puck.

-Supinated or checked skater gets up magicly by pressing pass.

Injured player can also get up by pressing pass.

Perhaps this has something to do with depressing the pass button to long? Not sure, feels like it sometimes though.

Forgot about..

- Player skates like he's shot out of a cannon

Sometimes when a player gets brutaly checked. Gets back up and jams on the pass button to get back into the play. It's like he's jet propelled and flys around the rink at mach 3. Much to the ovation of rabid patrons.

Perhaps this has something to do with depressing the pass button to long? Not sure, feels like it sometimes though.

Forgot about..

- Player skates like he's shot out of a cannon

Sometimes when a player gets brutaly checked. Gets back up and jams on the pass button to get back into the play. It's like he's jet propelled and flys around the rink at mach 3. Much to the ovation of rabid patrons.

thats gota be the funniest glitch man, ive seen some crazy speeds where he can go around the entire rink 5 times in 3 seconds....

f**king funny when u just see the guy doing laps while trying to score

• 5 months later...

Hahaha! The 2on2 ROM sure does have some great glitches. I personally love the mach3 skaters as well.. and when that happens to me I just try and see if I can make them "bounce" off of nothing and start skating the opposite way.

• 4 months later...

lol.. Two goalies. Nice :) Glad I checked out this forum part quick! Some weird glitches there. Can't say I stumbled across any real bugs with the SNES 3on3 rom.

But at one time I had some serious glitches with one of my rom hacks. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I recal 1-3 players randomly ending up in the penalty box (without penalties) and staying there the rest of the game. I think it had to do with players on multiple places, wrong places (ie D on O) and stuff like that. But it sure gave me some headache!

There's this other glitch that happens every time I play someone online.

Apparently you can only edit lines with Vancouver or else the game freezes because whenever someone else tries to, no matter what team, it doesn't work :P

There's this other glitch that happens every time I play someone online.

Apparently you can only edit lines with Vancouver or else the game freezes because whenever someone else tries to, no matter what team, it doesn't work :lol:

This does qualify as a glitch too since it's exclusive to Vancouver only.

• 2 months later...

Yet another epic glitch in the annuls of 2on2...In a game between sungod - habs, sonic and myself the inexplicable transpired..

Sonic came blazing in the offensive zone when sungod attempted to pokecheck, sungod became locked in the pokecheck motion and sonic potted a easy goal..Once the puck was dropped from center he still couldn't move and was still stuck in the pokecheck, the play ended up in a offensive zone draw..Off the draw the puck drifted to sungod while he was still stuck in the poke check animation, the puck grazed his stick and took off down the ice while his sprite vanished..We kept the puck in play for about 2 mins with just the star on the ice until it switched to the goalie..When we pulled the goalie his sprite reappeared and was all discombobulated - upside down - backwards - etc..

All that remains of the madness.

6x6hz6u.gif

82xjgb4.gif

Yet another epic glitch in the annuls of 2on2...In a game between sungod - habs, sonic and myself the inexplicable transpired..

Sonic came blazing in the offensive zone when sungod attempted to pokecheck, sungod became locked in the pokecheck motion and sonic potted a easy goal..Once the puck was dropped from center he still couldn't move and was still stuck in the pokecheck, the play ended up in a offensive zone draw..Off the draw the puck drifted to sungod while he was still stuck in the poke check animation, the puck grazed his stick and took off down the ice while his sprite vanished..We kept the puck in play for about 2 mins with just the star on the ice until it switched to the goalie..When we pulled the goalie his sprite reappeared and was all discombobulated - upside down - backwards - etc..

All that remains of the madness.

6x6hz6u.gif

82xjgb4.gif

Also known as the butterfly effect

p.s we lost the game 4-3 because of that

p.s we lost the game 4-3 because of that

Man, am I tired of people coming up with excuses for losing games. "My goalie was cold". Boo-hoo. "The CPU called too many penalties on me". That's hockey man. "The computer freaked out and froze my guy in the poke-check motion for the several minutes until my player disappeared entirely only to reappear a little while later upside down and backwards". Cry me a river.

Man, am I tired of people coming up with excuses for losing games. "My goalie was cold". Boo-hoo. "The CPU called too many penalties on me". That's hockey man. "The computer freaked out and froze my guy in the poke-check motion for the several minutes until my player disappeared entirely only to reappear a little while later upside down and backwards". Cry me a river.

you got me there