NHL'94 Forums

Save the Date, Feb 5th, 2022 Edge VI : Modano Mo Problems II

It's happening!  Live NHL94 is back!  We'll be returning to Minneapolis in 2022!  There are many details to be revealed soon, but I wanted to get the date out to all of those that would be interested.

Here's what we know :
We will have Friday night activities/open play February 4th.  Depending on how many people can show up for both days, we can potentially do something tournament-esque, or keep it casual and get the rust off.  If we can get ahold of enough flash carts, doing something with the NHL94 Rewind rom hack was one possibility.

Saturday February 5th will have a noon target start time.  This will give people plenty of time that would be driving in from out of town if they can't make Friday's activities. We will be doing Genesis only officially.  Based on past SNES participation, the situation in Canada, and the RSVP status for our past Elmhurst SNES guys led to this decision.   The Genesis tournament will be expanded, and the pace of gameplay will be toned down, giving more people opportunities(myself included) to compete, announce, and take a breather in between games.

Cost for the tournament will be $40.  We will have a mix of door and raffle prizes available.  Payouts will get boosted by our online tournaments.

Our venue for both days will be Moxy Uptown in Minneapolis, MN, which is also our preferred hotel.  This venue was used for a pre-party in 2020, and it was a big hit.

They have told us they are adding a restaurant and it should be done before the tournament.  They already have a great bar.  If the restaurant isn't ready in time, we'll have plenty of short walk food options, and of course, delivery is always an option.  Since it's a hotel, we can bring in these items.  Since the schedule will be more open, we'll be adaptable to this situation, to make sure everyone has a chance to get some food, even scheduling a dedicated pause to give everyone a chance to scratch that itch.

Our goal for this tournament is 24 or more players, but not more than 32.  At this point, it's been so long since we've had a live NHL94 event, that I'd be ok with a compact group of 8 guys, but I know we can and will do much better than that.

Registration will open on or before November 1st, and I'll be sure to share a link to the affiliate promo rate we'll be getting with the Moxy for our crew.

It's been nearly 2 years since we ran our last event, and it's going to be amazing seeing so many of you buds again!

For those of you who didn't see the venue last time, here are some pics of the venue.

Here's some pics from the  last tournament weekend for a better reference:

20200228_222607.jpg

20200228_222617.jpg

20200228_222635.jpg

IMG_20200228_204949_resize.jpg

1 minute ago, LeifErikson said:

It is going to be awesome!

Thanks to your help it will be!

Guys I'd like to give Leif a huge shout out again for all his help.  He'll be supplying the broadcast quality CRT's again, and has been my boots on the ground for all of this.