NHL'94 Forums

February 5th, 2022 Modano Mo Problems II presented by Edge of 94 Midwest and AV For You!

Nearly two years ago, we moved the tournament to Minneapolis for a very successful event.  Then a global pandemic, and everything else that went along with that kept us away for 2021.   We're ready to emerge from the dust of chaos and strife in this world, to help bring a shred of normalcy back to the world.

Buds, I introduce to you you Modano Mo Problems II, the 6th "annual" tournament brought to you by Edge of 94 Midwest, with some help from our bud @LeifErikson and AV For You!

That's right, live NHL94 tournaments are back!

Signup Link : https://tinyurl.com/modano2signup

What : NHL94 Tournament for Sega Genesis

Where : The Moxy Uptown 1121 W Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55408.  We will be in their lobby like we were in 2020 for the Friday night activities, but this time for the entire weekend.

You can book your room for our preferred rate of $89 a night here : https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1635357103740&key=GRP&app=resvlink

If you have any issues with booking, you can contact them via phone here: 
(612) 822-5020

When : February 5th, 2022, 11AM start time.  Side note : There will be side action at the venue Friday evening Feb 4th with a possible side tournament to be announced.
Cost : $40 in advance/ $50 at the door paid via PayPal to trojan1979@gmail.com  https://www.paypal.me/trojan1979

Make sure to use the "Friends and Family" aka "Someone You Know" for your payment.

Payout : Approximately 75% of the funds collected will be paid out over the top 8 places.  Additionally the prize pools will be boosted by online tournament contributions.  At the time of this tournament posting, the current amount that is being added to the prize pool from online tournaments is $671.25

Example, if $1,000 was being paid out
1st Place 35% $350
2nd Place 20% $200
3rd Place 15% $150
4th Place 10% $100
5/6/7/8 Place 5%  $50 each.

Food/Drink : The Moxy has a full bar, and a restaurant is in the process of being constructed inside of the Moxy Hotel.  All food and drink consumed onsite for the event must be purchased from the Moxy.  Those wishing to get other options will be able to do so as there are a number of other restaurants within reasonable walking distance of The Moxy, however they must not be consumed at the event itself.  For tournament continuity, there will be a pause after the group phase as scores/seedings are tabulated to give people an opportunity to get a break in.

Format : Group play will precede bracket play.   A single elimination bracket will follow the group play phase.  A Maximum of 32 players will compete and all players will advance to a bracket round.  Rounds of 32/16 will be a best 2/3 series(first to 2 wins). Rounds of 8/4 will be a best of 5 series(first to 3 wins).  The championship series will be a best of 7 series(first to 4 wins).  Higher seed will pick tier and be player 1/home team for game 1.  In game 2 the lower seed is then Player 1 and the home team picking the tier.  This continues to alternate until a series winner is crowned.

Rules : 5 minute periods, penalties on, no offside, manual goalie. 

The Home team(player 1) has last right of substitution, should player 2 make any additional moves.  You may only substitute during a play stoppage, such as a penalty, icing, out of play puck, or in between periods.  Please do not get start button happy during intermission.  Your opponent may wish to make an adjustment.  You may only pull your goal if you currently possess the puck as this requires pausing the game to do so.

If it's in the game, it's in the game.  No game mechanics/glitches are banned.  Examples are pass shots, CB checks, hail mary shots, goalie interference goals, rebound goals on penalty shots, etc.
  A coin flip winner will be the home team(player 1) and call the tier for team selection.  The opposing player is the away team(player 2) and chooses which team they want based on the tier selected.  You may select from within or below the tier specified.    Example: Player 1 selects Tier 2.  That removes DET, BUF, CHI, VAN, MTL from selection in that matchup.  Player 1 chooses CGY, Player 2 selects BOS.   Player 1 and Player 2 may not play as the same team.     You must take a different team in the selected tier each time.  You are only permitted to repeat a team selection once you have used the other teams within that tier an equal number of times. (Exception to this rule if player 2 has selected the last remaining team available for player 1 in said tier, another team may be selected that was already used by player 1) This process resets between group play and the playoffs.

Trojan and Leif Erikson are the tournament referees in the event of disputes/complaints.

Genesis Tiers :

Tier 1: DET, BUF CHI, VAN

Tier 2: MTL, LA, CGY, WPG, BOS

Tier 3: QUE, DAL NYR, TOR

Tier 4: PHI, EDM, WSH, PIT

Tier 5: NJD, STL, HFD, NYI

Tier 6: TB, SJ, OTW, ANH, FLA

image.png

Games cannot end in a tie.  A new game must be started in the event of a tie game at the end of overtime.  Intentional time wasting in your own zone is prohibited.  You must attempt advancing the puck into the opposing zone whenever possible.  Players caught abusing this may have goals deducted, or in extreme cases the game awarded to the opposing player.  Players are required to take a photo of their score and report to the scorekeeper.  There is a 6 goal deficit mercy rule.  The game is technically over once a 6 goal difference is reached.  However, if we are not pressed for time, you may play the game out, but any additional scoring will not count in the official standings.  6 goals is the max goal differential counted.  Players are permitted to bring their own OEM or approved 3rd party controllers.  All other equipment is provided by us.  Having equipment on hand from volunteers as spares is always appreciated, but not required.

Tiebreakers : Goal Differential, Head to Head, Goals Scored, Goals Allowed, Coin Flip

Systems/Equipment : With the exception of our stream setup, which will use a low latency high definition display paired with an Analogue Mega SG, the remainder systems are 1st party Genesis systems on CRT displays, many of which are professional video monitors.  The CRT's are provided by AV For You.  Again, competitors may bring their own Genesis controllers if they so desire, 3 or 6 button.

How can you help?  In short, register early.  Get your hotel and flight(if applicable) booked ASAP.  Invite people to join you on your journey early and often.  Show up on time with a good attitude, and just be an awesome bud to everyone you meet.

Edited by Edge of '94 Midwest

Hold for results:

https://challonge.com/ModanoMoProblems2Bracket

Here are the numbers from the day:

$135 was collected from the community from the beer money tournament.  I added an additional $185 to that number cause apparently beer is supposed to cost a vital organ in a major city.  After some negotiation I was able to get them to do happy hour pricing with this mass purchase, but not for mixed drinks, so it had to be beer.  Each player received a minimum of two beers, and a good number of additional beer tickets were distributed to whose who looked like they needed it after interacting with DanK, including when he talked to himself.

We had officially 20 competitors, 15 of which were paid entries.  $450(75% of $600) of the funds collected are paid out.

Trojan(staff), Nelson79(staff), Leif(Sponsor/Staff), Darik(Sponsor/Staff), and Angryjay(Won free entry by winning the NHL94 Heroes Online Qualifier) did not have entry fees attached to their participation.

Additionally, we have $806.25 in funds from previous online tournaments that fed the pot.  Let's do more of that this year and really grow this prize pool!

This puts our prize pool total at $1,256.25, and I'm rounding up to the next highest dollar for everyone because I love the s**t out of you buds.  $1,260.00 is the official payout.

The top finishers were as follows :

1) Angryjay93 $440.00
2) Scribe99 $252.00

3) Tied for 3rd and 4th Place : Corbett and Darik(game was not played, the total amount will be combined and split.) $158 each
4) see #3
5) Tied for 5th/6th/7th/8th Place Trojan, Leif Erikson, Tecmojon, Pete B $63 each.

• Edge of '94 Midwest changed the title to February 5th, 2022 Modano Mo Problems II presented by Edge of 94 Midwest and AV For You!
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, angryjay93 said:

I have my flight booked, hotel booked, and my bag packed. See you all in Minneapolis!

You coming in Friday?  I'm planning on going too, just haven't finalized.  I'm probably going to take a Friday off and come early.

• Love 1

Thanks @angryjay93 and @kingraph for checking in and letting us know your tournament status for February.

A quick update to the rules was just posted regarding substitutions/goalie pulls.

We are also now allowing the 6 goal mercy games to continue time permitting, however the official score ends at 6 goal difference.

Also, a warmup/hype online tournament to help raise some additional payout funds is going to be announced very soon.

23 hours ago, kingraph said:

You coming in Friday?  I'm planning on going too, just haven't finalized.  I'm probably going to take a Friday off and come early.

I will be coming in Thursday night, Friday flights were kinda tough from Sacramento.

Edited by angryjay93
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a friendly reminder to all our buds out there, that the tournament is one month away!

Some big names are already signed up, and we're doing everything we can to make the event a memorable one February 5th in Minneapolis!

Stay tuned for updates on additional prizes, a promotional video, and of course "Beer League" streams getting us all warmed up for Minneapolis over on The Retro Sports Gamer YouTube Channel!

Speaking of beer league, we've raised $135 for the thirsty who show up next month, and we've added another $135 to the prize pool.  That means an additional $806.25 has been added to the prize pool payouts, on top of what gets collected/paid out in entries.

Let's go!

• 2 weeks later...

$135 in beer money

$806.25 from prior tournaments in payout

$420 in collected entry fees as of 2/4/2022, this is likely to change before tomorrow.

With more expected on the way, estimated payouts will be $1,206.25 over 8 places. 

1st Place 35% $422
2nd Place 20% $241
3rd Place 15% $180
4th Place 10% $120
5/6/7/8 Place 5%  $60 each.

These are estimates and rounded down to the nearest dollar.

Here are the numbers from the day:

$135 was collected from the community from the beer money tournament.  I added an additional $185 to that number cause apparently beer is supposed to cost a vital organ in a major city.  After some negotiation I was able to get them to do happy hour pricing with this mass purchase, but not for mixed drinks, so it had to be beer.  Each player received a minimum of two beers, and a good number of additional beer tickets were distributed to whose who looked like they needed it after interacting with DanK, including when he talked to himself.

We had officially 20 competitors, 15 of which were paid entries.  $450(75% of $600) of the funds collected are paid out.

Trojan(staff), Nelson79(staff), Leif(Sponsor/Staff), Darik(Sponsor/Staff), and Angryjay(Won free entry by winning the NHL94 Heroes Online Qualifier) did not have entry fees attached to their participation.

Additionally, we have $806.25 in funds from previous online tournaments that fed the pot.  Let's do more of that this year and really grow this prize pool!

This puts our prize pool total at $1,256.25, and I'm rounding up to the next highest dollar for everyone because I love the s**t out of you buds.  $1,260.00 is the official payout.

The top finishers were as follows :

1) Angryjay93 $440.00
2) Scribe99 $252.00

3) Tied for 3rd and 4th Place : Corbett and Darik(game was not played, the total amount will be combined and split.) $158 each
4) see #3
5) Tied for 5th/6th/7th/8th Place Trojan, Leif Erikson, Tecmojon, Pete B $63 each.

More to come, but I'm going to be contacting you individually for payment.  Thanks again!

While it has been quite a while since we have had a live tournament, the art of running a successful one has clearly not been lost. I understand a lot of people, especially international travelers had various concerns with a live event but please put this event on your to do list for next year.

Getting to the event is pretty easy as Minneapolis has a good size airport that serves both America and Canada relatively well. I got in on a Thursday night and was able to easily get an Uber to the Moxy Uptown, about a 10 mile drive that cost $25 each way. Bring a bud and that price gets whittled away even further as you split the costs. On top of that, the Moxy provides a deal for 94 players providing a room at a very reasonable rate. I believe my room ran $89 a night for a stay in a part of town that is easily walkable and has plenty of food/entertainment in the immediate vicinity. The rooms are fairly modern and comfortable as well, not exactly great for multi person meet ups within a single room but they certainly get the job done for a 2-3 night stay at a reasonable rate.

As for the tournament itself, the setup was spot on with their being several setups of original hardware and CRTs. @LeifEriksonand his company AV For You brought in a lot of CRTs, lighting, audio, and other accoutrements  early on Friday well before the majority of people rolled in for exhibitions. They made this process look so easy and it helped to provide a classic and hassle free experience to the tournament. @Edge of '94 Midwest during this time also was able to set up his streaming and announcing station along with all of the original Sega Genesis hardware. It was set up so that anyone, if they desired could walk up to the mic start and spitting hot fire live on stream. On top of this all, there was plenty of space to move around and a bar literally steps away from all of the game stations. Wait times to get a drink we're minimal as the Moxy staff were attentive and from what I heard, generous with their drinks from an alcohol content standpoint.

Friday night consisted of a several exhibitions including a fully functional 2 on 2 setup on the big screen CRT. It allowed guys to spread out a bit consume their drinks, and take in the 2 on 2 experience that gets ratcheted up several notches with it being live. The tournament started on Saturday at 11 am which allowed plenty of time for people to make it to the venue and of course, the BAR WAS OPEN! The tournament itself, went along seamlessly from my perspective, Round Robin wrapped up within 3-4 hours which is a comfortable pace in which to get your games in, socialize a bit with everyone who arrived and get a good drink or two under your belt. For the lunch break, there are ample restaurants in which to choose from with varying types of food, it might have been the best food setup aside in terms of variety and only second to those with food on site for convenience. 

After the lunch break, there was a raffle that was flooded with prizes consisting of vintage hockey trading card sets, classic starting lineup figures from the 90's, classic video gaming accessories and a wide selection of autographed jerseys. Everyone received 3 complimentary tickets and additional tickets could be purchased as well. There must have been at least 30 different prizes available which meant that just about everyone went home with some sort of souvenir in which to remember the event by.

Once the excitement of the raffle quieted down, we entered the bracket stage of the even which can be found below. There are a lot of great games included with commentary provided from a range of individuals like Trojan1979, TecmoJon and the completely off the grid Dan K. Again, this portion of the tournament went very smooth as there was little waiting around and we were able to wrap up the tournament with plenty of time afterwards to socialize some more while grabbing a few post game drinks. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience at this event and am looking forward to going to the next one in Minneapolis sometime next year. I know a lot of people were on the fence this year but I think you will be very happy if you jumped off that fence and joined us. This is an excellent event and it can be even better if we get more buds to come in from out of town as the grass roots scene materializes in Minneapolis.  

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Now that the dust has settled, and I'm close to caught up from being gone, it's time for my recap.

I have so many to thank, and as always, cross check me into the boards if I forget anything or anyone.

#1 thanks to @LeifErikson and all of his company's contributions.  As many of you know, I drive in over 4 hours away(in good weather) away from Green Bay, where we used to host this tournament.  With everything that Leif and his crew contribute, it actually takes me less time to travel there and back than it would for me to setup everything on my own.  The lighting helped the stream look better(brought my own stream setup this time), the holographic projector was awesome, as was the custom NHL94 projection in one of the gaming areas.  His high end CRTs, many of them professional grade look tremendous, especially when he has the RGB cable hookups.  Hopefully someday we can get enough of those so that every setup is either YpPbPr(component) or HDMI via systems like the Analogue Mega SG(more on that later).  The PA setup was great for getting people's attention and for running the raffle.  Seriously, A+ for all your contributions.  Also thank you for the Reuben.  I was starving and obviously wasting away.  ;)

#2) Big props to @angryjay93for being the only person to make every single one of my annual Edge of 94 tournaments, myself excluded.  That's six in a row now, and I think you have your fourth Sega title, and one SNES to your name from 2019.  Your support has been unwavering, and I can't thank you enough for bringing legitimacy to our annual event.  Your contributions in online streams and score entry have also been very helpful.

#3) @Nelson94aka Nelson79 is the force behind the Modano Mo Problems flyers, as well as the Tecmo event flyers.  He's just a great dude who gets what we're trying to do, even if NHL94 isn't his first love.  He's been tremendous about helping out at all events I run, not just NHL94.  He has a giant ass bug zapper that he'll bring should you ever wish to do some outdoor gaming in the Summertime. 

#4) @TecmoJonreally stepped up with the commentary, and the helping hands during the live event, and the online events leading up to the big day.  I was suffering laryngitis upon arrival to the weekend, made worse from having to talk louder through masks most of the weekend.  Jon has natural mic skills, and experience going back to the big Tecmo Madison streams.  His knowledge is growing in NHL94, and he's applied that to his wit and charm on the mic.  He's also getting really good at NHL94.  Thanks for all you do.

#5) Hank the Tank much like Nelson is not a big NHL94 guy, but he loves retro events, and he has attended in back to back events to be my helper.  Whatever I'd need he was willing to help with.  Someone please play this guy in Dr Mario.

#6) @Scribe99has been a big online supporter of everything we do, and this was his 2nd time joining us live.  He made the finals and AJ was on his game.  Someday Scribe will earn a Lord Manly's Cup of his own.  He also helped with online score entry for online tournaments leading up.

#7) @SammieSmith33and @segathonare essentially the same spirit animal.  Both guys are loud and energetic.  Thanks for testing out the echo capabilities of the space.

#8) Every newcomer who though it would be a good idea to play a game from 1993 away from family members, thanks for picking us.  

#9) Dan effing K, seriously, hilarious dude.  He's unapologetically himself at all times.  Thanks for offending everyone equally.

#10) @DPS, between your consumption of Vodka, and my failure of setting Facebook events correctly, we had a moment of uncertainty, but somehow we powered through it all.  Thanks for bringing Mel and for finding the strength to finish your games.

#11) @corbettkbjust had this tremendously infectious positive attitude all weekend.  Thanks for repping TX and joining us all weekend!

#12) Redarmy tried his hardest to bring guys in, and tried to buy me a drink like 10 times.  Unfortunately my throat was shot and I drank mostly water all weekend.  Thanks for being a local guy we can count on.

#13) Thanks to the Moxy for doing a great job for us.  We addressed some minor concerns with them, but we feel like they earned a repeat visit next year.

#14) While not present at the event, @chaos @kingraph both you guys were helpful with the online events leading up.

Some things we identified that we hope will be resolved for next year:

1) A meal option inside the Moxy.  Sending everyone away did cause a longer break than we wanted.  If this isn't resolved, we may bring in some sort of catered option and build it into the price of entry next time.

2) Adjust the overall format to conclude everything 1-2 hours sooner.  Group play games are awesome, as are playoffs, but for some local people, they just can't endure an event that spanned 10 hours total with all of the breaks.  Most likely we will remain at a 3 game series and do the 5 game finals.  We ended up switching to a 5 games finals because we were so far behind.  Ideally we'll have a bit more players so we can get creative on group size.  I think 5-6 games for group is perfect.  Everyone had 9 in this tournament plus the bracket.

3) I saw exactly zero pimps and hoes this time.  They are so stylish.  It was too cold for street walking apparently.

Onto the good :

1) Everyone got a couple of beers minimum.  I purchased more than what we had raised, and found people who had a rough go at it and made sure to help them bounce back with an extra drink.

2) Our payout was more than 100% of collected entry fees thanks to the online tournaments, and we expanded our payout to 8 from 4 places, paying out $1,260.00 plus the beers.  We'll continue to host them if people are willing to keep playing in them.  It doesn't take long to raise a good chunk of funds this way.

3) I didn't lose money on the raffle, so thank you to all who kicked in.  My new Porsche comes in Friday.  ;)  Seriously though, there are expenses, so this helps offset some of that.  I hope you all enjoyed the prizes.  @DanKhad the best hall IMO.

4) Less than a week after the event, Minneapolis announced the redaction of the mandates we all dealt with.  There were individuals that kept away because of the mandates, but we also had people came because of them.  We just did whatever we're required to do.  I'm thankful that no one who attended decided to become an infectious disease expert during the event.  While the timing of the event next year could certainly be in a similar predicament, the Pro Bowl weekend itself is perfect for retro gaming.  Who wants to deke indoors when it's 75 degrees and sunny outside?  

5) I saw zero used needles, and no one missed the group photo due to alcohol poisoning.  I also don't think anyone died from being at the event.

Alright guys, I probably missed something important, but the moral of all of this is that we had a live event, had fun doing it, and we want to do it again, so we will.  Consider Pro Bowl weekend 2023 to be the next tentative date for Modano Mo Problems III, our 7th "annual" event.

Thanks Buds,

Trojan

• Love 3
  • Like 1

DanK's Edge of '94 Midwest - Modano Mo Problems Minneapolis Tourney Recap
(as told by an utterly useless and untrustworthy narrator)

Alright fellas so when @Edge of '94 Midwest initially asked me to share my thoughts and takeaways from the Modano Mo Problems live tournament in Minneapolis, my first reaction was, “Go play in traffic, you laryngitic-riddled shitstain!”

BUTT…then I eventually sobered up and realized that I had actually written that down as a note to myself, so that I wouldn’t forget. Silly me. So here’s my review of the tourney:

1.)    Sign-up/registration: Couldn’t have been easier. I mean, I (me, myself) of course found a way to make sure I fuct it up, but any non-smooth-brained ape could easily find their way through the 1 to 2 links to click on to sign up, pay AND book a f**king room at the host hotel (Moxy). I like that. Less thinky = MOAR drinky. Two thumbs and Two middle fingers UP! for that being so accommodating.

2.)   Transportation: AJ touched on this but yeah man it was close to the airport. Luckily for me, my legal representation (@TecmoJon) was contractually obligated to scoop my dumbass once I touched ground. Unluckily, for Tecmo, [please refer to previous sentence].

3.)   Neighborhood: I forget what it was called but it was cool, very walkable and juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust the right amount of dingy for a “human” such as myself to get into a li’l bit of good old fashioned trouble. Found a couple dynamite restaurants not too far from the hotel that didn’t break the bank by any means, and also wandered around late on Saturday night, absolutely cocked out of my gourd, and I was able to make friends/they-didn’t-beat-my-ass with a few locals who showed me around to a few establishments that were serving the kind of poison I was after, without all the crowds that I was explicitly NOT looking for. Good schitt.

4.)   Hotel: Nailed it. Rooms were priced to move and did exactly what they advertised. Namely, they provided me a place to piss, shower, talk to myself, eat an entire pizza whilst sitting in a chair AND to evacuate my bowels without making a whole scene about it. The hotel bar “closes” at 10:45pm, which is insanity, BUTT…I made nice with the overnight desk guy/bartender and he accepted cash to turn those beer machines back on. So that was nice. 

5.)   GAMES/Tournament setup: Clearly not their 1st rodeo. The playing stations were all set up in advance and open/available for pretty much whatever, whenever. Plenty of controllers on hand for us psychopaths that don’t waste perfectly good drug-mule’ing and/or toiletry space by packing our own f**king controllers on road trips. I was probably one of the last ones to finish my group games, but that was due to my own shortcomings rather than to any lack of available setups/stations. It was dynamite.

6.)   Attendees: Where do I begin…..this was my first live tournament ever since I found the NHL’94 online community and it f**king delivered. I’ve been playing pretty much strictly SNES over the past 18-20 months or so, but I f**king leaped at the opportunity to participate in this tourney bc of how close it was to me (I’m in Chicago) and bc I wanted to put some faces with names. I know a lot of the big names on the gens side bc i like to hop into any community-wide livestreams and chirp with reckless abandon (I have issues), so I knew of guys like @Scribe99, @corbettkb and @DPS (who even humors me with severely-drunken exis from time to time), but I couldn’t pick any of them out of a lineup. Well let me just say that I can now, 100% guaranteed pick DPS out of a f**king lineup. Thank god I recently moved out of Chicago and fled to the burbs, that’s all I’m gonna say (just f**king with you buddy). But in addition to the gens headliners, it was f**king awesome to meet guys like Tony (rangers jersey), Darik (he kicked my stupid monkey ass), @segathon, @SammieSmith33(loudest human being I have ever met, in a good way!), RedArmy (I owe him some exis), @LeifErikson(he’s a f**king mensch!), @Nelson94 and Hank THEE Motherfuckin’ Tank. For me, the most enjoyable part about this beautiful game that is NHL’94 is sitting next to somebody that enjoys it as much as you do, playing like your life depends on it, but also talking as much stupid s**t and laughing as hard as you did when you were in your teens and playing against your friends in some musty shithole of a basement. I f**king LOVE this game, but I REALLY f**king love playing this game with cool motherfuckers who are just as dumb/stupid/funny/friendly/humble as I am. I talk a lot of s**t, sure, but it’s all in love. And from my experience, everyone in attendance was on that same level. Excellent group of people, and I’m damn glad I got to meet (and offend!) you all.

Okay I feel as though this brain-dump/diarrhea-of-the-keyboard has gone on long enough. I would just like to say again a LARGE thank you to Troy and to Leif, as well as a large “I’m Sorry?” to Scribe and Corbett for them having been subjected to my color commentary, or whatever the hell that was I was doing on/around those damn microphones, while they were playing actual games that mattered, haha! Fill it up again, motherfuckers, fill it up again! 

DanK

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

concur with what everyone said above.  as well run of an event as there is by @Edge of '94 Midwest& @LeifErikson.  +the friday night before is still always my favorite part of these events.

so easy to get in and out of minneapolis.  home and back in under 48 hours.  a 2 hour flight, $20 uber ride, and i love an event where my hotel room is right up stairs to go back and chill whenever you need a few minutes.  the neighborhood, hotel bar, atmosphere all super cool. was great to finally meet @Scribe99& @TecmoJonin person.  fun to hang out and play @derikaho & @redarmy.   @DanK& @segathonwere hilarious, im laughing too hard trying to play with danK 20 inches to my left attempting to announce. and it was nice to get a visit in with @angryjay93's hair. 

Edited by corbettkb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

this was my first NHL 94 live tournament experience and it was a great time. 

@Edge of '94 Midwestand @LeifEriksonran a great tournament, things flowed great, and the games were always running fast and furious with little downtime. like corbett mentioned above, having a room right upstairs for breaks was great and adds to the experience. 

what everyone else mentioned above is all true. 

it was nice to finally meet @DanK @angryjay93 @corbettkb and @Scribe99 in person instead of just over discord. DanK definitely added to the experience and will always be welcome to sit two feet away from all my competitors announcing the games

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2