NHL'94 Forums

SNES Salary Cap League Season 2

Alright boys. Now that Classic is about midway I want to start preparing for Season 2 of the SNES Salary Cap league I will be running which will start after Classic ends. This league will be relaxed in terms of schedule as it will take place over the holidays. This league will be using the default 94 rosters similar to MikeGartner22's Gens Summer Salary Cap league he ran Summer 2020(however I won't be requiring a 150gp season). How it works is everyone builds their own team using a pricing sheet I have come up with sorted by the average SDL draft ranking. There are some caveats including the salary cap you must stay under as well as having a top and bottom player not having a difference of more than $40. The template below includes the Draft Ranks based on the average taken between SDL 5-SDL 7, the Price List, a Team Template tab for you to experiment with two lineups, as well as some Example Teams I have created to show you that you could actually have a $100 player on your team and still remain under the cap. Download a copy for yourself to tinker with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsQycKYs229e96hRgo8ZOqRwsNpNmwWG/edit#gid=630035108

Some things to note:

• Season 2 price changes are in effect based on who was used and how little or often in season 1. 
  • Your lineup will consist of 6F, 4D, and 1G using the default 94 rosters
  • Your team must be under the cap meaning $740 is the maximum salary your team can have. You don't have to spend the entire $740 if you choose not to.
  • The highest and lowest salaried players on your team cannot exceed $40 from each other. I have built in formulas on the Team Template tab to let you know if you've gone over.
  • 68GP - Everyone plays every opponent 4 games each.
  • *New for Season 2* - There will be a separate championship and consolation bracket with 8 teams in each.
  • Post your desired team here by Sunday night 11/28. First come, first serve on teams. I'm reserving Boston :). I'm keeping this to the existing teams in the default 94 template(i.e. not updating Quebec to Colorado or anything like that). I'd be open to utilizing ASE and ASW if someone wanted.
  • The team advantages will be the same for all teams just like SDL(Offense/Defense/PP/PK/Home/Away as 4/4/1/1/1/1). See Smoz's pic chart below.
  • Penalties on, except offsides
  • Manual goalie
  • No line changes
  • Submit rosters to me through Discord  I will be updating the ROM as the rosters are being submitted. Please submit your roster and lines using the following format:
    • Line 1: LW-C-RW, LD-RD, G
    • Line 2: LW-C-RW, LD-RD
  • I will not be posting anyone's rosters publicly. You will all find out once the ROM is finalized.
  • Season 2 specific rule: Each team can keep 1F or 1D(not both) from their Season 1 team but the Season 2 prices are in effect. You can additionally choose to keep your G if you want in addition to either your 1F or 1D. Submit your keeper to me(kidswasted) on Discord or let me know you do not want to keep anyone.

Let me know if I missed anything or if anyone had additional questions. I will reserve everyone's season 1 teams(minus the actual players) unless you want to drop out, trade with someone else, or pick up a team that hasn't been used yet. The available teams for season 2 are: ANA, CGY, LA, MTL, NJ, PHI, STL, VAN, WPG, ASE

Teams:

ASW @Jammer - KO94IIsnes -confirmed

BOS @kidswasted -confirmed

BUF @TheWiz84 -confirmed

CHI @thatdrizzle -confirmed

DAL @Decadent - confirmed

DET @TheProfessor -confirmed

EDM @koke_45 -confirmed

FLA @slipperypete -confirmed

HFD @INDIO -confirmed

NYI @Triple A -confirmed

NYR @Mooney -confirmed