NHL'94 Forums

Nominate a bud of the year!

halifax

I thought this year you guys could nominate a bud of the year for some different categories. List who they are and what they did. 

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other. 

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online 

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months. 

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together. 

I’ll leave nominations open until December 10th. Then I’ll set up voting after. 

thanks!

• Love 1

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other. - chaos

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online - sebe

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months. - chaos

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together. - chaos

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other. 

@kingraph help create an extractor for NHL95 save states as well help standardize our WN95HL online league.

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online 

@SammieSmith33 streamed every single season game an playoff and provided excellent entertainment 

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months. 

@Sauce & @naples39 for their awesome updates in NHL94!!!! Both are All-Time Legends. And @von Ozbourme can never be overlooked for his expansion of the NHL96-NHL 98 material.

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together. 

@chaos for all the 94 leagues.

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other. - @chaos , this place falls apart without him.  Undisputed

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online - @danTML7 @Sebe_The_Legend @lego (I can't pick, love 'em all)

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months.  n/a, haven't played enough of the updated ROMs to cast a vote.

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together. - @UltraMagnus, the '95 league is quite an accomplishment and success.  I know it's not 94, but this has to be recognized.  I'd say 75% of that league is non-94 players and they have 24.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just put me up for Lifetime Bud Award or the NHL94.com Ring of Honor, I don't want to overshadow what great things others are doing for the community.

1. Bud of the year - I'll go with @kingraph. He does a lot of behind the scenes stuff for guys who want to run leagues and tournaments. He sets up spreadsheets for drafts, sets up the ROM, helped a bunch with the NHL 95 league. A lot of guys have ideas for leagues, and he helps bring them to fruition.

2. Best entertaining bud - All the streaming guys make the nights you don't have games to play worthwhile. I always look forward to guys streaming and interacting in chat. @danTML7, @lego@INDIO, @Sebe_The_Legend  and szpakman (gotta group them together), and everyone else that stream from time to time. These guys try their best to be available to stream games, hats off to them.

3. Best Rom/Rom creator - There's been a few guys who've picked up their custom ROM game this past year. @INDIO, @kidswasted, @dangler, and last but not least the crazy job @UltraMagnus has done with 95 and a crap ton of other games. 

4. Best League/tournament and organizer - Even though I didn't play in it, I was really impressed with @UltraMagnus' 95 league. Also, hats off to @halifax and @smozoma for doing a great job with SoChel. I also thought @Edge of '94 Midwest's hustler league was really fun and unique idea.

I'd also like to send a thank you out to some awesome buds who have been helping take over some of my responsibilities:

@angryjay93 - dude can set up leagues now without help. YUGE HELP

@danTML7 - helping with RA, setting up leagues, setting up playoffs on the site, helping do admin stuff on the site (deleting games, replacing coaches, etc)

@INDIO - also helping with some admin site stuff, he's learning a little at a time.

@Scribe99 - helps a bunch with RA questions (guys, we've been using this for 2+ years now, most of you should know some ins and outs of this)

There's a lot of selfless people in this community. We all do this for free, and it's great to see more guys stepping up and helping out.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other.

@Tickenest For running Cup Chase AND all the nerdy data crunching charts for other leagues

@kidswasted Salary Cap League has been a lot of fun

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Pretty easy...

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other: Always @chaos

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online : @danTML7 & @Sebe_The_Legend

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months: @kingraph

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together: @halifax

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other: @chaos and @kingraph for their multi-hatted work and @Tickenest for his graphs.

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online : @danTML7 @smozoma @lego and @halifax Also, not a streamer but @DanK is hilariously entertaining in discord and audio channels.

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months: @kingraph @INDIO @UltraMagnus @seamor

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together: @halifax @smozoma @Edge of '94 Midwest for tournaments and @chaosCDL(assist to @kingraph for the rom and draft/draft sheet) and @dangler SDL for custom leagues.

Edited by kidswasted
  • Thanks 6

I'm a big fan of @kingraph @angryjay93 @TecmoJon and @chaos for all of their contributions along so many areas, specifically in all of the Edge online tournaments we ran this past year, with score entry, mic contributions, or both.

I'm sure I missed someone that's helped with all of that, but they're contributions were greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 1:19 PM, chaos said:

Just put me up for Lifetime Bud Award or the NHL94.com Ring of Honor, I don't want to overshadow what great things others are doing for the community.

1. Bud of the year - I'll go with @kingraph. He does a lot of behind the scenes stuff for guys who want to run leagues and tournaments. He sets up spreadsheets for drafts, sets up the ROM, helped a bunch with the NHL 95 league. A lot of guys have ideas for leagues, and he helps bring them to fruition.

2. Best entertaining bud - All the streaming guys make the nights you don't have games to play worthwhile. I always look forward to guys streaming and interacting in chat. @danTML7, @lego@INDIO, @Sebe_The_Legend  and szpakman (gotta group them together), and everyone else that stream from time to time. These guys try their best to be available to stream games, hats off to them.

3. Best Rom/Rom creator - There's been a few guys who've picked up their custom ROM game this past year. @INDIO, @kidswasted, @dangler, and last but not least the crazy job @UltraMagnus has done with 95 and a crap ton of other games. 

4. Best League/tournament and organizer - Even though I didn't play in it, I was really impressed with @UltraMagnus' 95 league. Also, hats off to @halifax and @smozoma for doing a great job with SoChel. I also thought @Edge of '94 Midwest's hustler league was really fun and unique idea.

I'd also like to send a thank you out to some awesome buds who have been helping take over some of my responsibilities:

@angryjay93 - dude can set up leagues now without help. YUGE HELP

@danTML7 - helping with RA, setting up leagues, setting up playoffs on the site, helping do admin stuff on the site (deleting games, replacing coaches, etc)

@INDIO - also helping with some admin site stuff, he's learning a little at a time.

@Scribe99 - helps a bunch with RA questions (guys, we've been using this for 2+ years now, most of you should know some ins and outs of this)

There's a lot of selfless people in this community. We all do this for free, and it's great to see more guys stepping up and helping out.

Speak for yourself.  I've made millions hosting tournaments.

• Haha 3

I have not been around much lately.  I moved from a big city (population in the millions) to a small town (population 20k), and my internet is pretty spotty now.  I wouldn't want to subject anyone to the inevitable lag.  But....

The two buds I put above all others, at least for the 5 years or so I have been active, are:
1. chaos
2. halifax
That said, it is great to see so many names mentioned that I am not familiar with!  The community is still going strong, thanks to so many!  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I don't contribute much, so I feel obligated to recognize a few of those who do so much for the community. This is from my myopic SNES perspective.

This is a tough one so I'll mention 

I wouldn't know how to pick this one, so I'll just mention someone here that hasn't been mentioned - @INDIO for Rewind league including the ROM, streaming and trophies!

Also @Tickenest for all the gifs, and of course.. cup chase

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online 

@lego @INDIO and @dangler come to mind. Very hard to choose between them all. Also @Tickenest for all the gifs

@INDIO for SNES Rewind, @kidswasted for salary cap and @dangler for SDL ROM

Again, I have to go with @INDIO Fun league, great stream, and what other league awards personalized Stanley Cups?

honorable mention to @kidswasted for starting up the SNES salary cap league

I probably forgot one or two others I could have mentioned here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Been a bit out of the loop as of late, so I can't say I'm qualified to answer most of these, but on a personal level I would throw in for:

1. Bud of the year, @EagleXIII and @Jkline3 for the invaluable research and resources that helped me improve quite a few projects.

3. Best ROMs, Said by many others, but my reason for mentioning @UltraMagnus is for his extensive work with NHL95 and the many non-hockey related sports games.

• Thanks 1