NHL'94 Forums

GENS A Calgary

angryjay93

Considering im not in any league and im on the waiting list, this doesnt really concern me,but i still havent seen this issue addressed. The Calgary manager in GENS A hasn't played a game in nearly 4 weeks and no one seems to have said a word about it. Shouldn't someone take this guys place seeing that he has 28 games left with 8 days to go?

It looks to me there are 2 teams in the Gens A league that aren't getting their games in; Calgary and Toronto.

It looks like Ken said he's going to get his games finished up, so I'm looking foward to that. Did Feez indicate the same? I know it seems to bug some people about replacing coaches, but I'm posting about this wondering about what contingency will take place for replacement?

Since A leagues are about competition, should we bring in the best guys, or do we bring in guys 1st on the waiting list? I would love to see clockwise join the league, but another guy who is also making a case is AngryJay93. He'd definately be a competitor in the A league, and he looks to be online often enough to get games in. If we end up making 2 replacements, those are 2 guys I'd love to see fill in.

-looking foward to next season when I can get Boston back :(

From playing Jesus in the past I would understand him getting a bid into the A league. I don't know AngryJay93 so I can't comment on a bid for him.

Given my record in the B league I need to be considered. Bottom line...it is Evan's call and I'm sure the correct decision will be made. If I'm not chosen I'll put in more time in the weight room that's located in the depths of the St. Louis Arena. I'll join the likes of Bob Bassen and Nelson Emerson, who are currently trying to build muscle to their 172 pound frames. And besides, I will be in the A league at some point. The real question is when (refer to the post "When should Cash Money be called up to the Gens A league?").

From playing Jesus in the past I would understand him getting a bid into the A league. I don't know AngryJay93 so I can't comment on a bid for him.

Given my record in the B league I need to be considered. Bottom line...it is Evan's call and I'm sure the correct decision will be made. If I'm not chosen I'll put in more time in the weight room that's located in the depths of the St. Louis Arena. I'll join the likes of Bob Bassen and Nelson Emerson, who are currently trying to build muscle to their 172 pound frames. And besides, I will be in the A league at some point. The real question is when (refer to the post "When should Cash Money be called up to the Gens A league?").

For the longest time, I didn't know about the magic powers of Bob Bassen.

But then I played an exhibition game against kgman, and he chose St. Louis. He choose Bobby B as his right winger, and I became a believer.

However at the time, my thoughts were more like "Bob Bassen is the littlest b***h who keeps on scoring, I must kill him."

I checked out your record in the B league, and you make a good point that you deserve a shot in the A league soon. I think since there are a lot of guys who are qualified to play, there should be a contigency based on some set of priorities, like: 1. Competitive player 2. On waiting list 3. Best record in B league... etc etc. Just something in writing so there isn't a bunch of guesswork and perhaps unhappy people who don't get in.

Yes, Matt brings up a good point.

From the past experience, it seems the guys who stick around are usually the ones who contact me about league questions and games, post on the forums, and play alot of exhibition games vs other online players.

The ones who usually don't stick around are usually rarely online, don't participate in forum threads, and don't make much of an effort to be active in the league.

I'll try to make the replacement process more defined for the upcoming seasons. For example:

- If a coach doesn't play a game in 3-4 weeks (and doesn't mention anything in forums about being away) they should be replaced just for inactivity. We can make this a set number.

- If new guys waiting to get into the league are constantly playing exhib. games, and always are around... they should be a more likely choice then someone who emailed me once and never heard from again.

- If a coach becomes too busy with other life activities, he should give up his team to others who are excited to play games.

Stuff like this we'll have to iron out between seasons, because it's important for this league to keep a strong set of guys around who we call all have fun with.

Now, Cash Money... I'm going to let you take over Calgary in Gens A since I mentioned you would be next to take a Gens A team over. If Ken can't really play games like he said, then angryjay will take over Toronto.

That's the best we can do at the moment. Cash, we'll have your info updated on the Gens A Calgary side probably Sunday evening.

-Evan

For the longest time, I didn't know about the magic powers of Bob Bassen.

But then I played an exhibition game against kgman, and he chose St. Louis. He choose Bobby B as his right winger, and I became a believer.

However at the time, my thoughts were more like "Bob Bassen is the littlest b***h who keeps on scoring, I must kill him."

I checked out your record in the B league, and you make a good point that you deserve a shot in the A league soon. I think since there are a lot of guys who are qualified to play, there should be a contigency based on some set of priorities, like: 1. Competitive player 2. On waiting list 3. Best record in B league... etc etc. Just something in writing so there isn't a bunch of guesswork and perhaps unhappy people who don't get in.

I'd like to add, unless it's what you meant by (1), that being available to play games often is a really good criteria. The idea of A League being a combination of a high level of play *and* a willingness to play a lot of games and move things along is appealing. I make no judgments on those people who are too busy to play all the time - I can totally respect that. But maybe gradually rotating people who frequently go a week or (weeks) between league games into a B or a C League that has a lighter commitment (10 per month instead of 20?) would be the right answer for everyone, reserving A for people who are more inclined to play regularly.

(Edited to add - it looks like Evan beat me by a minute and basically said what I was trying to say)