NHL'94 Forums

2021 Bud of the Year

halifax

Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other.   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other.

• Chaos - For his work with Retro Arch and the NHL94online.com database
    • Kingraph - help with running various 94 leagues , spreadsheets, and tournaments and help create an extractor for NHL95 save states
    • Tickenest - For running Cup Chase AND all the nerdy data crunching charts for other leagues, and the GIFs
    • UltraMagnus - Creation of 94 roms, several other sega sports roms, construction of newly created NHL95 league
    • Temco Jon - For his contributions and assistance of helping new members and help running classic
    • Halifax - helped with sochel and king of 94
    • Indio - NHL94 rewind roms and league creations for sega and SNES
    • EagleIII - research and resources on hacking toms
    • jkline3 - research and resources on hacking roms
    • Scribe99 - Helping others with RA questions
    • Dantml7 - Running OPHL, and helping answer technical questions for people
    • AngryJay93 - helping run classic and the online database
    • Smozoma - Running thursday night streaming and helping with Sochel and King of 94
  2. 2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online

3. 3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months.

• Chaos - CDL rom
    • Sauce - Sega NHL21 Rom
    • Naples39 - Sega NHL21 rom
    • Von Osbourne - 96-98 roms
    • Indio - Rewind Roms
    • Kidswasted - Salary Cap rom
    • Dangler - SDL rom
    • Kingraph - various
    • Ultra Magnus - 94 Mighty Ducks rom/95 league rom
  4. 4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together.

• Chaos - Chaos Draft League
    • Ultra Magnus - wn95HL
    • Chaos, Halifax, Kingraph, Smozoma - SoChel
    • Trojan1979 - Hustler
    • Kidswasted - Salary Cap League
    • Indio - Rewind leagues

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 05:59 AM

2021 has seen massive growth in online play. 30+ leagues and tournaments were completed online in the past 12 months. We've come a long way from having 1 o 2 leagues a year.

I'd like to thank everyone for their nominations for different categories as I decide to try something different for one year and add a few new categories.

1. Bud of the year. To the person who’s done more for the community in the last 12 months than any other. 

2. Best entertaining bud. The one who provided the best entertainment streaming online 

3. Best Rom/ Rom creator. The one who made the best rom for the community in the past 12 months. 

4. Best League/ tournament and organizer. The most well run/funnest league/event in the last 12 months they put together. 

Voting closes December 31st!

Previous Winners

2009 - @smozoma (1)

2010 - @smozoma (2)

2011 - @smozoma (3) and @dan_lizhot

2012 - @smozoma (4) and @DaDonch44

2013 - @kingraph

2014 - @chaos (1)

2015 - @McMikey

2016 - @angryjay93

2017 - @slapshot67

2018 - @chaos (2)

2019 - @chaos (3)

2020 - @smozoma (5)

• Love 1

I think we should have a column for best live event hosted.  I know online is the thing but we should try and get more of this community together.  Even if it was once a year for 95 or 94.  So many great guys in the league, would like to meet more of them.

SammieSmith

• Love 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SammieSmith33 said:

I think we should have a column for best live event hosted.  I know online is the thing but we should try and get more of this community together.  Even if it was once a year for 95 or 94.  So many great guys in the league, would like to meet more of them.

SammieSmith

It's a good idea, but at a bad time. Live tournaments were taking off the past few years, but then the pandemic hit.

I got super sick just from the 2019 King of 94 (being the scorekeeper everyone talked to, breathed on...), so there was no way I was hosting a tourney in 2020 or 2021. 2022 should be better now that most kids can get vaccinated (nearly half of Canada's known cases are in 0-20 year olds now. The other half is NHLers apparently :lol:).

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Almost forgot about this. Congrats to @UltraMagnus for winning bud of the year! And best league organize and rom creator.

Shoutout to @SammieSmith33 for winning best online streamer!

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

okay halifax, and once you remove the 95 trolls, who are the winners? this is what inquiring minds want to know.

• Haha 1