NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 Video + Commentary

schwartz

Guys it has been seomthing I have dreamed about since the first time I heard about an online nhl94 league, and it actually managed to keep me up last night b/c I am so pumped.

So here's what I'm thinking:

I'd like to get a commitee of guys together who are able to record games in the all of the SNES and GENS divisions. Because having a full record, and even highlights, of every single game would be insane, I thought it might make sense to put together a weekly or bi-weekly reel of highlights. Evan has an example video I made posted below, and for a n00b who did it for the first time it really only took about an hour to put together.

I'm not sure about GENS, but everyone in the SNES division has the ability to make short movies in zsnes, and after scoring a huge goal or making a nice save people can go back into the instant replay and record their moves. Afterwards, these video files can be submitted to a designated person and using a little bit of time and the proper software to record, LIKE MAGIC we will have nhl94 beauty.

As we get into playoffs and the quarters, semis, and ultimate finals, I'd love to see full records of the games along with commentary. A few guys have offered to do just that and if those people could post here again itd be greatly appreciated. As long as we have a good core group of recorders, and a few other guys who are willing to do the commentary we could make something just huuuge.

Evan and I only briefly talked about it but our plan right now is to have 2 different places for the videos to be posted: embedded on the forums through youtube.com (as seen below) or in a specially designated video section. Evan has a fancy video system that would be perfect for keeping good records of more important games as the quality is higher and it can also be zoomed/enlarged. Meanwhile embedded videos are something we can use for individual games in the game discussion area, or maybe even random highlights.

At the very end of the season I'd also like to see something like top 10 saves of the year, top 10 goals etc. and it would be an awesome way to recap everything.

OK enough of me typing but here is what I'd like to hear back from you guys:

-Suggestions on the entire setup

-Indications of your ability to record games (would be nice if you had software already, but not necessary. All it takes is a decent computer, and maybe 3 GB free at a time )

-Indications of your ability to do commentary on games

BOOAYFAOSFDA!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was beyond amazing- very nearly blew my load!

I so want that to happen during one of my games!

And I can so do commentary in other peoples' games, I'm all about commentary!

OK I finallly just blew my load. :(

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was beyond amazing- very nearly blew my load!

I so want that to happen during one of my games!

And I can so do commentary in other peoples' games, I'm all about commentary!

OK I finallly just blew my load. :(

As long as you don't have a game between 7 and 10PM PST tonight, and you're not using ZSNES direct-connect, I can record and commentate. Otherwise you'll need to record it yourself and I'll have to watch it and dub over commentary.

Ok, everyone should be able to embed youtube video into these threads. When you're making a post, (not a fast reply) there's a dropdown menu that says HTML Off. You need to turn that on to like raw HTML or something for it to work.

Clockwise has confirmed that he was able to do it and he's a "member" which everyone is. Enjoy!

-Evan