NHL'94 Forums

SNES A - Hartford vs. Buffalo

schwartz

Guest BSDaemon
How did you record the games then put it on youtube? help me out man?

the bastard hasnt told anyone yet, id like to know myself... :( though iim pretty sure i could do it too...

Guest BSDaemon
There was still a right dman on the ice; no matter how many guys you have in the box, the computer will always give you two D.

alright, well off the faceoff there was a D-man missing from the right side... whether that was a dman or not... the point is there was a guy who wasnt in position to take the check

alright, well off the faceoff there was a D-man missing from the right side... whether that was a dman or not... the point is there was a guy who wasnt in position to take the check

So it's the computer's fault you lost?

LOL it couldn't possibly have been that you simply lost to a good player on a legit goal.

Or that you made a mistake that led to a goal against.

:(

I just watched the replay of the goal in question.

Yes, the dman wasn't lined up at the right defence spot off the faceoff; he was up on the wing.

However, by the time Schwartz had control of the puck and crossed the blueline with it, he (it was Petr Svoboda, a D, you also had Doug Bodger on the ice, I told you the computer always makes sure you have two D out there even when killing off a five-on-three) was already WELL having gotten back into his position on D.

You then made a very ill-advised pinch with Svoboda, Schwartz blew around him easily, and then waltzed in and scored. You can see the star appear below him as you activate him and charge towards the puck carrier, missing him by a fair margin.

So you have yourself and your bad pinch to blame, not anything to do with the computer.

To be fair, I didn't think BSDaemon was trying to blame the computer. Didn't sound like sour grapes to me, just an observation that it didn't look like there was an RD on the winning goal. An observation I agreed with at first glance, although I see what happened now. Maybe without the PP when he switched defenders it would have picked up a RW instead of the RD and the defense would have been in place, who knows - but I don't think that was his point anyway, I thought he was just making an fair observation.

If more PPs ended up like this I would probably stop feeling like being on a PP is a bad thing...

Guest BSDaemon

I'm not blaming anyone, if I had come in and complained right when it happened, then yes, I would be blaming the computer. This is only an observation I made after watching the highlight reel for the billionth time ... jeez people settle down.