NHL'94 Forums

KGMAN is gonna keep winning year after year after year

Guest cr0ssbar94

Guest cr0ssbar94

Probably gonna be my last year in the league. Whats the point when we all know KGMAN is going to win it again? Its like rooting for the Kansas City Royals to win the World Series: Pointless because its over before it starts.

Everyone has flaws in this league except KGMAN. Guy has no flaws on defense or offense, and theres no point in continuing just to be emabarrassed.

Almost seems bizzare how good he is. Oh well, amongst us humans I'm among one of the best. I can take that with me, but KGMAN isnt human.

not so fast my friend, kgman is one hell of a player, no doubt about it, but he can be beat. I just started playing a few weeks ago and im skating stride for stride with kgman in the games ive played against him. My record so far is not the best in the league, (8-10 in games ive played) but when i face kgman i dont feel doomed, just laying down and giving up to him is no way to defeat him. My game has improved vastly over the last two weeks and i cant wait to see the further development of my game will bring me. I hope more people think like i do and take kgmans ability as a challenge, not as a deterrent.

Probably gonna be my last year in the league. Whats the point when we all know KGMAN is going to win it again? Its like rooting for the Kansas City Royals to win the World Series: Pointless because its over before it starts.

Everyone has flaws in this league except KGMAN. Guy has no flaws on defense or offense, and theres no point in continuing just to be emabarrassed.

Almost seems bizzare how good he is. Oh well, amongst us humans I'm among one of the best. I can take that with me, but KGMAN isnt human.

Wow. He got in your head, ripped out the wiring and left you a changed man. Score one for kgman.

Amen and well said jay. It's the same for every game or every sport ever made in ever: the higher the level of skill your opponent has, the faster you become better. They force you to play your best and you can only benefit from it even if your pride gets spanks everyday :)

Guest cr0ssbar94
Wow. He got in your head, ripped out the wiring and left you a changed man. Score one for kgman.

I admit he did. I'm human, sue me. Playing him is demoralizing.

When you lose constantly to him, eventually it gets old. I'm in 1st place but whats it matter. KGMAN is going to be champ again in the end.

Guest cr0ssbar94
Amen and well said jay. It's the same for every game or every sport ever made in ever: the higher the level of skill your opponent has, the faster you become better. They force you to play your best and you can only benefit from it even if your pride gets spanks everyday :)

I'll believe KGMAN can be beat when someone actually beats him. Then I'll admit I was wrong.

Guest cr0ssbar94
not so fast my friend, kgman is one hell of a player, no doubt about it, but he can be beat. I just started playing a few weeks ago and im skating stride for stride with kgman in the games ive played against him. My record so far is not the best in the league, (8-10 in games ive played) but when i face kgman i dont feel doomed, just laying down and giving up to him is no way to defeat him. My game has improved vastly over the last two weeks and i cant wait to see the further development of my game will bring me. I hope more people think like i do and take kgmans ability as a challenge, not as a deterrent.

Normally, I'd agree.

But when someone is light years ahead of the pack, there's only so much a person can do.

I dont know what you mean by "skating stride for stride" with KGMAN. If that means staying within 10 goals mabye? I'm going to have over 30 wins and he whips my ass every time. I dont know, youre 8-10 and say you can hang with him. Mabye he just has my number. Who knows. He'll be champ again though regardless.

in two games ive played with him i lost 3-1 and 5-3. in the 3-1 game i played horrible, one of my worst games and i kept him in range the whole game. in the 5-3 loss i had in a league game today he beat me on a weak, fluky goal that was created by hussle and a tremendous bounce in his favor with 30 seconds left, then he added an insurance goal. At no point in either game was i being utterly dominated, we both had our highs and lows. While me getting to the cup finals is highly unlikely, i wont be able to provide another meaningful challenge to kgman. but there is a contender in the west, james took kgman to 6 games last year in the conference semis, provided james doesnt play me in the playoffs (something netiher of us want because we give each other nightmares) i have confidence that those two will face off and give kgman everything he can handle. i dont want to give off the idea i think kgman isnt what everyone says he is, he is a great player, no doubt, and i may have a blowout coming my way with how much im opening my mouth, i just dont want to be people seem like they are defeated before the puck is even dropped.

If someone looks unbeatable, then what do you think will happen if you beat them? You'll look huge. You just beat the best team in the league and outplayed someone. You can't look up to them and say "it's pointless, I can't win." You have to show up and play. If you show up and you play your best, and maybe a little better still, you can win. Don't just give up and take a loss.

This is exactly why I'm taking Ottawa when I get into Spring next year. One because I love Ottawa in the game, but two because they're one of the overlooked teams, and if someone tried them out and did well it might open the door for more team diversity, people trying out Anaheim or Florida. Ratings aren't everything in the game - I've had Sidorkwicz play great games at 39 rating and great games at 42 rating, also, the backup seems to have an inherent disadvantage if he starts for some reason =/

Guest cr0ssbar94
You guys dont pay attention do you?

I just beat kgman in a 3 game series. When we play, it's always 50/50.

This league is strictly about matchups. Everyone has weaknesses.

See thats what I dont get. I can give everyone else a good run for their money in this league. Everyone. Except this guy. See, thats whats upsetting. I think I beat you this year in one of our league games and yet you say you beat KGMAN and I cant. Does that make sense? He must just completely own me.

Mabye my best bet is to go out west next season. I just have to get as far away from him as possible.

See thats what I dont get. I can give everyone else a good run for their money in this league. Everyone. Except this guy. See, thats whats upsetting. I think I beat you this year in one of our league games and yet you say you beat KGMAN and I cant. Does that make sense? He must just completely own me.

Mabye my best bet is to go out west next season. I just have to get as far away from him as possible.

That would require asking to drop a level and go to Gens B really.

With a record of 25-4 (as i type this) with Hartford of all teams? I wonder what KGman's record would be with a good team. 29-0?

That being said....anything can happen in the play-offs...just ask the '91 blackhawks...finished atop the NHL with 106 points..and lost to minnesota(68 points) in 6 games.

With 10 or 20 minute periods..the better player will almost always win but 5 minute periods make it easier for upsets to happen in this game.

And as matt hurray said...'This league is strictly about matchups'...some people play better against certain guys and not as good against others.

It seems like most of you guys have a blast playing online...so I plan on trying to get those emulators and whatever going on my mac...(I'm new to all this so it'll take a while to figure it out but hopefully I can play in the spring league)

Guest cr0ssbar94
That would require asking to drop a level and go to Gens B really.

No I meant pick a western conference team so the only way I meet kgman would be the finals. So I'd hope someone in the east playoffs would beat him lol.

wow that is truly sad my friend....i'll just say this if u think like a loser you'll prob lose, your beating yourself before u even play him....just keep playing him and find his flaw and exploit it, obviously your a solid player but may have a contrast in styles where his style of play does not suit yours

NEVER EVER question the power of the whalers! Thats part of their power though; they are just so damn unassuming until BJAFDJASLFASJFD Kron, Verbeek and Sanderson drop your cold body to the concrete err ice.

I am becoming a believer in the Whalers. I played a few games with them earlier this week just to see what all the fuss was about, and it was like the ugly girl in class took off her glasses, got her hair done and bought a new outfit and turned out to be TOTALLY HOT. I'm like, hey sweetheart, you were here the whole time? Just two rows back of me in English and I never noticed you? You want to check out that party at Stewie's parents' cabin this weekend?

Guest cr0ssbar94
wow that is truly sad my friend....i'll just say this if u think like a loser you'll prob lose, your beating yourself before u even play him....just keep playing him and find his flaw and exploit it, obviously your a solid player but may have a contrast in styles where his style of play does not suit yours

I feel better now sorry for this post. It was pathetic of me lol. I am a little b***h. I'm not leaving.

I understand the frustration. I basically took the whole summer off from NHL94 after kgman disgraced me by sweeping me in the first round of playoffs after I earned the number one seed in the west last season. The guy is inhumanly good, and out ahead of the pack.

If my recent form of 13 straight league wins with 94 superheroes (Chicago) keeps up, I'd look forward to a potential finals matchup.

It does seem like backhand and Vocal probably shouldn't bother showing up

Shoulda figured I'd catch some crap for that one. I'm not guaranteeing anything, nor am I saying I'm the best player outside of kgman.

Just saying that "if" I keep playing this well into the playoffs with my unfairly good team of "superheroes" a "potential" matchup with kgman would be fun. I don't see how that's disrespectful to anyone. But hey, if it fires people up and makes the league more exciting, so be it. My playoff performance this year couldn't be any worse than my last go around...

Shoulda figured I'd catch some crap for that one. I'm not guaranteeing anything, nor am I saying I'm the best player outside of kgman.

Just saying that "if" I keep playing this well into the playoffs with my unfairly good team of "superheroes" a "potential" matchup with kgman would be fun. I don't see how that's disrespectful to anyone. But hey, if it fires people up and makes the league more exciting, so be it. My playoff performance this year couldn't be any worse than my last go around...

One of these days I fully expect Roenick to score two goals on one shot.

Guest cr0ssbar94
I understand the frustration. I basically took the whole summer off from NHL94 after kgman disgraced me by sweeping me in the first round of playoffs after I earned the number one seed in the west last season. The guy is inhumanly good, and out ahead of the pack.

If my recent form of 13 straight league wins with 94 superheroes (Chicago) keeps up, I'd look forward to a potential finals matchup.

Only Roenick can stop KGMAN now. Good luck! :)

Only Roenick can stop KGMAN now. Good luck! :)

bahh fock man everyone has a certain player they have problems against and yours is him just cause you cant beat him doesnt mean someone else cant and also some teams seem to do good against other teams thanks to the AI.try changing your style of play or maybe this is your way of blowing his head up so much it will pop hehe :D

everyone has a certain player they have problems against... also some teams seem to do good against other teams thanks to the AI.

I think this is totally true. Sometimes people just don't match up against certain styles. For example, I tend to have a lot of trouble against opponents that don't pull their goalie.

Guest cr0ssbar94
bahh fock man everyone has a certain player they have problems against and yours is him just cause you cant beat him doesnt mean someone else cant and also some teams seem to do good against other teams thanks to the AI.try changing your style of play or maybe this is your way of blowing his head up so much it will pop hehe :)

I CHANGED MY f**king STYLE 5 TIMES AND ITS NOT WORKING LOL!!!!!

Yeah I'm sure other teams can beat him...oh wait he's the defending champ and nobody actually HAS beaten him yet!!!!!

Actually I agree there are probably 3 or 4 guys who "might" beat KGMAN in a 7 game series. I'm NOT on that list!!!!

I CHANGED MY f**king STYLE 5 TIMES AND ITS NOT WORKING LOL!!!!!

Yeah I'm sure other teams can beat him...oh wait he's the defending champ and nobody actually HAS beaten him yet!!!!!

Actually I agree there are probably 3 or 4 guys who "might" beat KGMAN in a 7 game series. I'm NOT on that list!!!!

kgman has lost 4, and I'm hoping for everyone's sakes that addisonbr is put in GENS A in Spring, otherwise he'll run off with the West again - addisonbr is 35-3-0 in GENS B.