NHL'94 Forums

Videos of played games

halifax

I enjoyed watching some game highlights that was posted yesterday of a game played between hartford/buffalo.

Perhaps a suggestion to Evan of adding a sub forum entitled 'videos'. Allowing members to post links for games they have recorded.

In the meantime, anyone who would like to post links to some of their nhl94 videos can do so.

Thanks.

Not a bad idea at all man, and the longterm plan is to have a page on the site designated for all the videos. In the meantime I'll proly post any i make in the SNES league writeup area and put something like Highlight reel inside so guys can check it out.

I'm praying hard that Setar uploads the commentary he did last night as I just loved it man.

If this could become possible for all games, that would be crazy. Like "Highlight From Game", but with something meaningful behind it. I can imagine watching a game involving playoff standings on the last day of the season...wow.

A post season highlight reel It's definately feasible (Gens). The 2on2 tournament uses a modified version of a version of Gens to capture save states during netplay in order to keep stats (dunno how it works, to convoluted for me to comprehend, props to Malachku). So to make a highlight reel of a league game, all you would have to do during a game is: go to instant replay after a goal and take a save state ( make sure you cycle through states to avoid over writing them). Once the games over load the save state in Gens movie maker and dump the avi.It might be possible to record a complete game during netplay with Gens movie maker. I'll experiment with it later.

Tried to embed that to no avail. There are some more 94 vids just click on my profile.

A post season highlight reel It's definately feasible (Gens).

The 2on2 tournament uses a modified version of a version of Gens to capture save states during netplay in order to keep stats (dunno how it works, to convoluted for me to comprehend, props to Malachku). So to make a highlight reel of a league game, all you would have to do during a game is: go to instant replay after a goal and take a save state ( make sure you cycle through states to avoid over writing them). Once the games over load the save state in Gens movie maker and dump the avi.

It might be possible to record a complete game during netplay with Gens movie maker. I'll experiment with it later.

Or if Kaillera allows people to watch - as in, "play" the game but not participate - then someone else could commentate/record.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hCmtHvESiM Here's another one I did last night.

The guy hasn't lost in 7 years he said...maybe he's got some type of amnesia from the car accident or maybe he only played against the computer?

We need to find a way to talk to that guy online and tell him about nhl94.com. What he knows is probably damn well common knowledge to anyone here, as the one-timer in front, wraparound and crease-cut are common scoring methods, so we'll have to see how he does against people who have gotten good at playing against other people, not just the game's inconsistent AI.