NHL'94 Forums

This league is a JOke and should be shame

Guest brookdaleccedu

Guest brookdaleccedu

I mean what a joke this league is. I score great good goals. Goals I earn. Hartford score bullshit goals. I never seen it before. Its a joke its sad

What a joke this league is

dude it was your first few games, u cant expect to just come in and dominate....otherwise you would be the 94kid...lol..jk...ahem...u need better control with your goalie if someone scored from there, u did it twice in our "first" game in which your controller "wasn't working" ...hopefully u have a change of heart and stick it out or maybe drop down to the b div....but there are alot of solid players here and im more then willing to help u out with your game....cheers

and for the record i know the goals your talking about ..they suck ...bigtime...and my friends prior to starting in this league would refer to such a goal as a "cut" and we would not allow them...BUT ...when joining the league they did not have this rule sooooo....if your really a master or man of the game ...to be the best wouldn't u want to be able to defend against all methods regardless of how flashy it is or not... i feel like a more complete player now that i have learned to defend it...

and for the record i know the goals your talking about ..they suck ...bigtime...and my friends prior to starting in this league would refer to such a goal as a "cut" and we would not allow them...BUT ...when joining the league they did not have this rule sooooo....if your really a master or man of the game ...to be the best wouldn't u want to be able to defend against all methods regardless of how flashy it is or not... i feel like a more complete player now that i have learned to defend it...

what is the 'cut' goal?...is that like the '93 version of cutting across the crease and freezing the goalie to score?

What is up with the whiny bitches on this board lately?

Maybe we should have some sort of um "personality screening" before we accept new coaches from now on............ there have been a few lately that are just on glue.

what is the 'cut' goal?...is that like the '93 version of cutting across the crease and freezing the goalie to score?

I believe so. When I used to play on XBand waaaaay back when, the CCC goal ("cross crease cheese", to borrow from clockwise) was universally loathed. You couldn't chat or IM during the game like you can today with a PC-based emulator, so people developed codes to let you know how they felt. Going to the pause screen and flashing the Instant Replay option back and forth for a few seconds meant:

"That was a fantastic goal old chap! I would love to watch it repeatedly, except that we have a game to continue. I hope that at some point I become worthy of playing against someone of your incredible skill."

Going to the pause screen and flashing the Exit Game option back and forth for a few seconds usually meant:

"I believe that skating across the crease until my goalie falls down and then depositing the puck in the far corner of the net violates the spirit of the game, and I find your play quite frustrating. I suggest you go to your garage, seal the doors and windows, start your automobile and take a nap."

That said, it's not particularly difficult to defend against once you get used to it. I suspect that once people get acclimated to the appropriate defensive strategy, it won't stand out as a problem.

What is up with the whiny bitches on this board lately?

Maybe we should have some sort of um "personality screening" before we accept new coaches from now on............ there have been a few lately that are just on glue.

Well, I'm willing to cut new guys a little slack for being new and frustrated as hell at first. When I first started playing here I got dominated so thoroughly I started reading the classifieds looking for kittens to adopt so I could break their necks and maybe feel better (note: didn't work).

But only one or two Get Out of Jail Free cards per user. It shouldn't take terribly long to realize that the culture here is NOT like the culture of most Internet boards, where people hide behind their anonymity to hurl insults in every direction. Evan puts a lot of time into this league for no reward other than the satisfaction of creating a great place for people to meet up and play a fantastic video game.

I love posts like this. Thanks addisonbr for posting. It's in human nature to always feel like "the customer is always right" I guess.

YES MAN! I was hoping that you would come back and it'd be great if you could continue playing out your games. If your at all interested too I know a few have offered already, but I would be happy to give you some more exhibitions to get used to the online play. Things are a bit different from the original, including the reaction of the goalies as things are a little more "loose" b/c of connections and the time it takes for stuff to go from one computer to the other. Welcome back though :D

Guest cr0ssbar94
I mean what a joke this league is. I score great good goals. Goals I earn. Hartford score bullshit goals. I never seen it before. Its a joke its sad

What a joke this league is

Who did you play? Hartford? Thats KGMAN in Gens. Yes he's the master of cheese and crap goals. I havent figured out how to stop him yet, but then again noone else has either.

Who did you play? Hartford? Thats KGMAN in Gens. Yes he's the master of cheese and crap goals. I havent figured out how to stop him yet, but then again noone else has either.

He's talkin about Schwartzy in SNES A. You really have to be able to deal with those kind of goals. If you're good at defending the cuts and cheese goals then it's a waste of your opponents time to even try... usually they end up turning the puck over to you. I still do cuts and such when the opportunity presents itself, but heck... I'm gonna score however the hell I can just like my opponent is trying to do. But nothing feels as good as a 2 or 3 way 1-timer or a retarded deke.

rudy

He's talkin about Schwartzy in SNES A. You really have to be able to deal with those kind of goals. If you're good at defending the cuts and cheese goals then it's a waste of your opponents time to even try... usually they end up turning the puck over to you. I still do cuts and such when the opportunity presents itself, but heck... I'm gonna score however the hell I can just like my opponent is trying to do. But nothing feels as good as a 2 or 3 way 1-timer or a retarded deke.

rudy

I had a roommate who used to just skate around in circles in the corner waiting for a lane open up for the CCC, and it got pretty annoying. But I'm with Rudy. If it presents itself, I'll take it, and I won't feel too bad about it. Especially since it usually presents itself when my opponent is camped out in front of the crease to defend the one-timer pass, and not making any efforts to check or hook my puck handler.

Guest BSDaemon

I won't usually intentionally go after a CCC, but if im there at the side of the net, hell yeah I'll do it. You have to learn how to make the saves with the cheese goals.

Rudy hit it dead on with the "cuts" but I'm not sure if thats exactly what he's talking about as I don't remember gettin any goals on him like that :D. Now I may be lying out my ass to look noble but I think the majority of them were scored with the patented rudy/deer/nhl94kid deke. I do find that some stuff goes in a little easier online against the automatic goalie vs. rl nhl94 so maybe taht was the issue?