NHL'94 Forums

The Capers

halifax

Rudy is another Cape Bretoner who is near the top of the SNES A standings.

Something in the water indeed! ;)

Haha naw in seriousness it's just a lot of passion for the game and a lot of practice. All of us have had the game pretty much since it came out (I got it for Xmas back in Dec 1993, so I've been playing for almost a good 13 years), and we've been playing tournaments fairly regularly (once every week or two) against each other in person (using it as a predrink event before going out usually) for the past five years or so. Although lately it's just been 94kid and I and a couple of other guys who aren't in the league ; Rudy hasn't been around for an in-person event in ages, and the other regulars we used to play championships against have moved away. But there was a time (about 2002-2004) where big tournaments involving all of the Sydney 94 crew were pretty much a weekly event.

Anyhow we love to play and have a lot of practice, so I guess that explains our success in this league so far!

However, we're still hungry to see one of us bring home the championship. Last year the three of us made it to the final eight, two of us made the final four, and one appeared in the final, but none could bring home the hardware; JotaC and his Edmonton Oilers were champions. We can have all the success in the world but without a championship there's just something missing.

Good to see another Nova Scotian on the forums! Do you play SNES or GENS?

Rudy is another Cape Bretoner who is near the top of the SNES A standings.

Something in the water indeed! ;)

Haha naw in seriousness it's just a lot of passion for the game and a lot of practice. All of us have had the game pretty much since it came out (I got it for Xmas back in Dec 1993, so I've been playing for almost a good 13 years), and we've been playing tournaments fairly regularly (once every week or two) against each other in person (using it as a predrink event before going out usually) for the past five years or so. Although lately it's just been 94kid and I and a couple of other guys who aren't in the league ; Rudy hasn't been around for an in-person event in ages, and the other regulars we used to play championships against have moved away. But there was a time (about 2002-2004) where big tournaments involving all of the Sydney 94 crew were pretty much a weekly event.

Anyhow we love to play and have a lot of practice, so I guess that explains our success in this league so far!

However, we're still hungry to see one of us bring home the championship. Last year the three of us made it to the final eight, two of us made the final four, and one appeared in the final, but none could bring home the hardware; JotaC and his Edmonton Oilers were champions. We can have all the success in the world but without a championship there's just something missing.

Good to see another Nova Scotian on the forums! Do you play SNES or GENS?

I can see there is the sense of pride of bringing back the island a championship again...not since the CB oilers in 93 for the calder cup! Although anything can happen in the playoffs, I think the overall odds are excellent that one of you will bring back the title...

Shout out to Rudy as well. I figured he was a caper also but didn't see it anywhere and didnt wanna assume.

I noticed 94kid has pittsburgh yet he made the finals last year? I thought maybe if you finished second in the league you'd have second last pick for teams for the following season....or are there a lot of newbies paying their dues in the 'A'?

I played SNES mostly...athough I haven't played for a very long time...maybe 8 years ago. I'm in the process of trying to figure out the online computer gaming. I've never played online through the computer before...XBOX was the extent of my online gaming so far.

I was gonna order an adaptor for my SNES controller. (I'm assuming that's what I need) Then I assume its as simple as downloading the stuff i need from the nhl94online site and loading it up.

I have both a pc and a mac but I would prefer to play on the mac. do you(or anyone for that matter) know if it will work on a mac?