NHL'94 Forums

CDL 05 - Official ROM

kingraph

CDL 05 Official ROM:CDL_season_05.bin

• 24 Drafted Teams of 12 players!
  • Hot/Cold Reduced to "Warm/Cool".  Boosts are limited to +1, 0, -1 vs original ROM -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2
  • 1 minute penalties
  • NEW - 12 second Penalty Shot Time (reduced from 25)
  • Body Checks after whistle don't count
  • +/- stat added
  • Reduced time to switch to Manual Goalie
  • Slightly Increased Goalie Range
  • Boosted Goaltenders - All get +1 to Agility and Stick/Glove Ratings except Roy & Belfour
  • 288 Updated Player Cards!
  • All 12 player cards cycle on start menu!

24 Unique Teams, including two new franchises - Milwaukee Admirals and the Windsor Spitfires!

Teams.png

Drafted by these handsome coaches:

CDL_season_05_001.png

Luc Robitaille makes his cover debut!

CDL_season_05_002.png

Our very own @danTML7returns to the announcing lineups!

CDL_season_05_003.png

A few more logos re-created pixel-by-pixel from NHL Rewind!  Seen here is Boston and Buffalo!

CDL_season_05_005.png

Scoreboard features Pac-Man, with Ghosts that change color based on the home (x2) and away (x1) team!

CDL_season_05_004.png

Finally, ESPN is our 3 Stars Sponsor!

CDL_season_05_00444.png

• Love 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sauce said:

Nice job @kingraph!

I don't recall hearing of the scoreboard hack... how does it work?

The original scoreboard uses the 2nd palette in the game (which is the same as crowd and banners). The 3rd and 4th palettes when the screen is active is the home and away team palettes for the sprites.  So I changed the palette for the 6 tiles that house the monsters to the 3rd and 4th palette.  And made sure the colors I picked would work. 

For example, the eyes are the skate blade whites (except Minnesota home, where I needed a light green :) ). And the blue is the shadow blue, which is consistent for all teams.  The body colors are the shoulder and trim colors for the teams, which change and contain the most interesting team colors.  The black background is the boots/gloves (always black for all teams).  

The pacman above remains on the 2nd palette, which doesn't change and will remain yellow.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingraph said:

The original scoreboard uses the 2nd palette in the game (which is the same as crowd and banners). The 3rd and 4th palettes when the screen is active is the home and away team palettes for the sprites.  So I changed the palette for the 6 tiles that house the monsters to the 3rd and 4th palette.  And made sure the colors I picked would work. 

For example, the eyes are the skate blade whites (except Minnesota home, where I needed a light green :) ). And the blue is the shadow blue, which is consistent for all teams.  The body colors are the shoulder and trim colors for the teams, which change and contain the most interesting team colors.  The black background is the boots/gloves (always black for all teams).  

The pacman above remains on the 2nd palette, which doesn't change and will remain yellow.  

That is awesome!  Great/innovative find on your part.  It could open some other possibilities.  Thanks for sharing the concept!

• Like 1