NHL'94 Forums

Deadline reminder

Evan

Hey guys,

I appreciate some of the recent new coaches being so dedicated. Lets wrap up those league games by tomorrow night. Jacob (gesundheit39) and I will sort of the games not played Sunday morning (EST).

I think at this point it's probably too late to get new guys in for other teams, although there was talk of getting Fenty to take over a Snes B team. Just reply here or email Mat with any information on that. It's fine with us if he wants to jump in for a day and possibly do the playoffs.

Also guys, playoffs will be setup soon after the season ends. There could be less teams in the Snes leagues making it than originally stated due to lack of activity. More on this once the admin team discusses the situation.

Gens leagues will continue into playoffs as planned.

Stay tuned for offseason updates and changes to the leagues!

-Evan

As I mentioned in other thread, prepare for 3 DNPs on my part. Couldn't track down Rob, and won't have access to games until Sunday night. Kind of a drag as Vocal and I are currently tied, each with 3 games left (with identical GAs and only 1 off on GSs)...

Can we still play games on Sunday? shakazuzu told me he'd be able to play our three remaining games then; I'd consider it a real shame to leave three games against him unplayed. And the94kid is certainly at work right now and I need to play my other two games against him too. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Due to the lack of activity by some players, administering all of the DNPs and Forfeits is going to take me awhile. I probably won't have it all done until Monday or Tuesday, or at least that's my best guess. I would say yes, if you can get games in prior to the playoff brackets being completed (most likely Wednesday or Thursday), PLEASE play more games and make my administration a little easier on me. I have no opposition to extending the deadline until I am done with my tasks. I assume Evan will agree, correct?

For SNES A I don't really think its necessary to do all these DNP's & forfeits.

Just rank the top 8 in each conference by winning % or points or whatever.

Might as well just get to playoffs. Save yourself the work & just rank them 1-8 should be easy. I don't think anyone cares if they finish 3rd or 4th its all the same. Here I'll do it for u!!

Quebec, Pittsburgh, Hartford, NY Rangers, Philadelphia, Buff, Montreal, Boston

Detroit, Chicago, Winnipeg, LA, St. Louis, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary

Could change in the next few days, but just eyeball it quick!!

I think we've got a pretty good idea of who is most active out of the guys left and I'd much rather see someone with a lesser record who is around more often in the playoffs than someone who looks to be a bit better but has been a phantom all season. Once we have all the brackets setup things should run smooth as ass, as we'll make sure to use people who can play out their games on time.

Guys,

It seems playing games this Sunday will be fine. I think the Gens playoff setup will be ready early in the week. Snes will most likely take a little longer. Jacob can keep us updated.

-Evan

OK, here is the FINAL word on regular season DEADLINE!

GENS games must be completed by Monday at 1AM.

SNES games must be completed by Tuesday at 1AM.

I may have DNPs and Forfeits posted before those times, however you are free to play those games until the times specified above.

Something to keep in mind, especially in SNES, is that although the playoff format will remain the same, playoff seeding will not be entirely based on points acquired since there are so many Forfeits and DNPs due to the low activity of players. Therefore, it is in your best interest to PLAY games even if you already have a Forfeit win or tie.

Thanks for your cooperation.