NHL'94 Forums

GENS A forfiets and DNP's

angryjay93

I noticed i have 4 ties with STL, ive been looking for this guy for a week all over this forum board, i have made the attempt a handful of times to get a game with this guy to no avail, i believe getting a tie with him is unfair to me and id like it if the administration reconsidered their decision.

Part of the problem is that he was looking for TOR before you became them (which was quite recently), so it's not necessarily fair to him for us to dole out FF losses to him either. Plus, this doesn't affect you much other than costing you home-ice advantage in the first round. Also, if he's around today, you can still play those games.

It's not necessarily fair, but it is what it is. Next season you won't have to deal with that obviously. Thanks for understanding what we have to deal with as Admins.

Plus, home-ice in this game doesn't mean a whole lot. Better players win more often than not.

sounds like im paying the price for another man's mistakes which i had no control over. But if thats the decision, i guess thats what ill have to deal with even though i really want that home ice.

You are, a little bit, and it sucks, but hopefully procedures will be tightened up for next season.

I'm in a bit of a worse spot than you... I inherited EDM late (Oct 13th, a week into Month Two), and am taking two ties from STL even though:

I replied to STL's message from Oct 8th (a week before I had the team)

I posted that I was looking for him on the 28th

I posted that I was looking for him on the 2nd

I posted again on the 3rd

I posted again today

And it appears that he hasn't posted since Oct. 11th, two days before I got the team. The only games he played since I got the team were a couple of games against Detroit on Halloween. He's been virtually invisible since I got Edmonton.

If I win those two games, which I've been desperate to play, instead of take ties, I tie for the last playoff spot - and possibly win the tie-breaker based on playing 39/40 games on my schedule since Oct 13th? So, it's a bummer, but I know that the admins aren't trying to screw anyone over. It's just how they worked out the math. Just trust that although you would have preferred home ice, I certainly would have preferred qualifying at all. But such is life.

I dont think its fair that Carse(Fla) got the FF loss against HABS(Mtl) when me and him cant contact Montreal regarding our games.

I think you should reconsider the FF loss and make it a tie because we have both tried to contact him.