NHL'94 Forums

keyboard anyone?

angryjay93

im currently using a keyboard...and it blows..lol...but i dont mind playing a few games until i get a controller.

Gotta give props to the keyboard warriors. There are a few Gens dudes who rock with a keyboard, HABS being one.

For me playing on a keyboard feels unnatural, I'm completely out of my element.

If anyones going to be investing time into league play it's worth shelling out a few bills for even the most garden variety game pad.

Gotta give props to the keyboard warriors. There are a few Gens dudes who rock with a keyboard, HABS being one.

For me playing on a keyboard feels unnatural, I'm completely out of my element.

If anyones going to be investing time into league play it's worth shelling out a few bills for even the most garden variety game pad.

Yep and you can read all about it in my new book "Manual Goalie: Automatic Death" due out this Spring.....

-Greg

been using keyboard for whole 94 career... I will be switching to controller for next season though

Habs are you serious? You're damn good now, you'll be scary good with a pad.

Just look at Skoolyard Puck. He made leaps and bounds on his deking just by upgrading his POS controller to a sega one.

Speaking of Skoolyard... He's got my vote for most improved.

I'm not in the league, but I use the keyboard. No wonder I'm 0-8 with more than triple the goals allowed than scored :lol:

*waits for the obligatory insult hurled my way*

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question for GENS players...

Who here both 1) uses keyboard for online play, AND 2) hates that they are using the keyboard and would switch to a controller if they could? I'm curious about these tortured souls.

I use a keyboard but want to move to controller, however, I'm a bit shy about asking my mom to get me an adapter online.

I saw a pretty decent logtiech control pad at Fry's Electronics for $9.99. Nothing fancy but the d-pad felt pretty good and would probably do a good job.

I'd get a computer one if I could, but sadly, I don't live ten minutes' walk from Radio Shack anymore.

• 7 months later...

I've been a keyboarder ever since I discovered emulators.

Also, I'm surprised by how many people actually use or used to use keyboards..

I've got respect for someone who uses a keyboard. I did'nt have a gamepad at first. But once I got one, it changed the whole emulation experience. I suppose if you use it all of the time, you can perfect it. I, however, thought using the keyboard sucked. I spent ten dollars at wal mart and got a logitech gamepad. It is similar to a psx controller. Very effective.

I've got respect for someone who uses a keyboard. I did'nt have a gamepad at first. But once I got one, it changed the whole emulation experience. I suppose if you use it all of the time, you can perfect it. I, however, thought using the keyboard sucked. I spent ten dollars at wal mart and got a logitech gamepad. It is similar to a psx controller. Very effective.

Nice, I should get one of those for playing tony hawk 2 (still the best of the series IMHO).

I currently use an actual SNES controller to play. Makes life easier having the real thing!