NHL'94 Forums

A day that will live in infamy

clockwise

My birthday isn't close to September 4, 1993 but I do remember it like it was yesterday. It was first day of school. Grade 11 in fact - the toughest year of high school. I was getting my stuff together...my 5 star notebook, putting on my outdated chip and pepper wetwear t-shirt and ripped bluenote jeans. I wasn't looking forward to another year of cafeteria lunches and annoying morning announcements.

My dad gave me a present before work. My first ea sports game...SNES nhl94. "It's time for you to become a man now, son", he said as he left. "Sweet, thanks dad I said" with excitement and a tear rolling down my face.

I never did become a man but I did become "sick" and stayed home for the first 8 weeks of school. Lots of my buddies became sick as well and huge tournamens ensued. "mono" classics and "fever" invitationals were scheduled constantly over the next two years. School grades suffered but it didn't matter cause it was if heaven was raining down on us everyday.

The moral of this story is wearing outdated chip and pepper wetwear can get you beat up.

That Genesis release date is wrong. NHL games always come out in September/October. I remember 94 in particular because I was on a week-long 7th grade field trip when it was released, so I couldn't get the game until we got back from the trip. Longest field trip ever, in more ways than one...

Well, my bday isn't close... June 2, 1976...

I was just more amazed that there is someone born in the 90s who even knows what a Genesis is.

lol...I was thinking the same thing....but needless to say...give em kudos for getting hooked on the best video game ever!

I'm pretty sure Marc is right. I pre-purchased it from a Babbage's and it arrived my 1st semester of college.

Yeah, come to think of it, I remember buying it before christmas time.

**deleted**

Back on topic, I am ashamed to say that I never played NHL 94 on the consoles, only when I started with emulation did I find this godly game. Hopefully that is not a sin :lol:

Well, my bday isn't close... June 2, 1976...

I was just more amazed that there is someone born in the 90s who even knows what a Genesis is.

My uncle has one, and that was most of my gaming from when I was four till when I was about eight, was playing 94 and 96 on his Genesis.