NHL'94 Forums

SNES B NYR FF WINS/TIES

ThePimpImp

Just looked at NYR FF wins (15) and ff ties (11) and think that is a bit rediculous

In my 5 DAYS in this league he has been online once or twice, and both times too busy to play, I have been online almostt constantly. Now I don't really care for myself because his positioning is irrelevant to me, but as for teams in his division and other conference teams i think this is unfair

Teams he got ff wins against:

Detroit 4 I have played detroit but he hasn't been on much, I'd think this should be ties at best for NYR

Philly 4 This is fine never seen the guy online

Quebec 2 Never seen this guy either but they did play 2 games

Boston 4 I have seen this guy on quite a bit alot more than NYR. boston deserves the wins here if anybody

Vancouver 1 this guy has been on more than NYR but not as much as others, either tie or van win

SO by my count he should have 6 ff wins and the remaining 9 games should be ties and in some cases losses

Teams he got ff ties against:

Buffalo 4 (thats me) He was unavailable the one time i saw him online, i played 17 games in 1 day and could have done it all 5

Calgary 1 Calgary was on almost as much as me he deserves the win

Edmonton 1 edm wa just replaceed i gues this is fine

Pittsburg 3 I saw alot of buccs ff tie here is unreasonable give the wins to buccs

San Jose 1 he was pon a decent amount but tie could be fine

St. Louis 1 I did see this guy but not alot ff tie is probably good here

SO here from 11 ff ties he should have received 3 and received 8 losses

This probably needs to be looked at closely for other teams as well as this process is frustrating lots of people.

I'm unsure how FFs versus DNPs works. Can someone high up possible verify how it works? ThePimpImp explained it but I'd rather here it officially, no offense to Pimp. But if what he says is right, i should be looking at 3 FF wins. The DNPs against Detroit could go either way as far as I'm concerned. And the idea that NYR got so many extra points FFs astounds me to no end. Frankly, I just don't like the guy. He's a bragger when he wins, and from what I hear a bit of a sore loser as well. And barely was he around anyways. I count myself lucky(in one sense of the word) that I got my games against him.

Just looked at NYR FF wins (15) and ff ties (11) and think that is a bit rediculous

In my 5 DAYS in this league he has been online once or twice, and both times too busy to play, I have been online almostt constantly. Now I don't really care for myself because his positioning is irrelevant to me, but as for teams in his division and other conference teams i think this is unfair

Teams he got ff wins against:

Detroit 4 I have played detroit but he hasn't been on much, I'd think this should be ties at best for NYR

Philly 4 This is fine never seen the guy online

Quebec 2 Never seen this guy either but they did play 2 games

Boston 4 I have seen this guy on quite a bit alot more than NYR. boston deserves the wins here if anybody

Vancouver 1 this guy has been on more than NYR but not as much as others, either tie or van win

SO by my count he should have 6 ff wins and the remaining 9 games should be ties and in some cases losses

Teams he got ff ties against:

Buffalo 4 (thats me) He was unavailable the one time i saw him online, i played 17 games in 1 day and could have done it all 5

Calgary 1 Calgary was on almost as much as me he deserves the win

Edmonton 1 edm wa just replaceed i gues this is fine

Pittsburg 3 I saw alot of buccs ff tie here is unreasonable give the wins to buccs

San Jose 1 he was pon a decent amount but tie could be fine

St. Louis 1 I did see this guy but not alot ff tie is probably good here

SO here from 11 ff ties he should have received 3 and received 8 losses

This probably needs to be looked at closely for other teams as well as this process is frustrating lots of people.

I certianly don't blame you for being frustrated. I think the admins do the best they can to figure out FF and DNP's in a league that was full teams not playing. It's certainly unfair to some to players like yourself when those teams(like NYR) have had two months to play their games and dont even play half of them. I think Schwartz and company will be able to weed out these types of players for the next season.

Good luck in the playoffs!

I understand the frustration with the situation. I think everyone should remember a couple of things:

1) Although much of the way things are working out right now doesn't feel fair, it would probably be even less fair if Evan and the gang changed the rules midstream. A policy was in place to handle unplayed games, and although it may be imperfect, it is a little cleaner to follow the rules as they were clearly spelled out. However, that said...

2) Your opinion matters - people have definitely weighed in on the subject, and I strongly believe that changes will be introduced next season to limit injustices. So keep the suggestions coming, but also keep in mind that...

3) At the end of the day this is just a game. There are no lives at stake, no money. These guys put a lot of effort into providing a fun environment to play the greatest video game of all time, and while opinions and suggestions are always encouraged, try to keep some perspective, and always be respectful.

Thanks!

I'm just concerned with how the ff wins ff tie and dnp's have been assigned

Somebody who has played 14 games should not be given this many ff points just because he made one post. He did not make any active efforts to get games. I played more games in one day than this guy did the entire season and I'm not the only one this is true for.

That said if he is around, hes better off than phlly and quebec who haven't been around in a long time.

I really think both of the 9th place teams should be let in the playoffs if the are active and other teams or not (regardless of conference). Everybody should be sent a pm regarding playoffs and if no response be friday they are kicked out. Because the way the wales in SNES B looks, there will be too many first round byes.

The DNPs and Forfeits were never meant to be used on such a massive scale. This is a very dedicated community so we figured people not playing games would rarely be an issue. We were wrong. As addison said, we will be using this knowledge to make adjustments for upcoming seasons.

Also, I've said this in other posts, but since people are getting quite riled up about it, I will say it again. The DNPs and Forfeits are done according to the rules we have setup. HOWEVER, since the number of unplayed games is sooooo out of control, we are taking into consideration teams who have played way more games than other teams and will be adjusting the playoff seeding accordingly.

So in SNES B for example, unless STL manages to get in a ton of games tonight and actually win as many as CHI, CHI will be getting the #2 seed in the Campbell conference.

You can be upset with our decisions, but despite the records you see on the Standings page, the Playoff seeding will be a much more accurate depiction of the deserved seeding (or at least the three of us think so). There may be some disagreements about it but we're doing the best we can with the hand dealt to us by inactive players. We're sorry about that and will be making changes to improve the league. This is an evolving league and we have been listening to suggestions and will do our best to make things go much more smoothly next time around.

and that is a better answer than i was looking for

THANK YOU

like i said doesn't really affect me, I'll be second seed in wales because i had most wins and second most gp in my div before ffs. BUt good to be fair across the board

Its a hard position to put you guys and and hopefully next season people will actually play the games if they sign up.

Rangers are the best buffalo is a sore loser simple as that! I try playing games but no your always busy and everybody in this league! I was online 48 hours straight on my cell! U called one game pimp then I get home your not there. I im u you dont reply then three times! Your a joke Chicago drop like a baby seal

I'm pretty sure theres nothing about me losing here, regardless of what happens I'll still be 2nd seed in wales.

The problem was how you last minute decided to "make yourself available" even though you weren't really that available and picked up 41 pts as a result. Seems a little ridiculous to me.

But as I said above it has been addressed. Hopefully the person who gets the pleasure of playing you will have better luck actually playing games.

Seems you are alright in the game, but we'll have to see sometime later.

The DNPs and Forfeits were never meant to be used on such a massive scale. This is a very dedicated community so we figured people not playing games would rarely be an issue. We were wrong. As addison said, we will be using this knowledge to make adjustments for upcoming seasons.

Also, I've said this in other posts, but since people are getting quite riled up about it, I will say it again. The DNPs and Forfeits are done according to the rules we have setup. HOWEVER, since the number of unplayed games is sooooo out of control, we are taking into consideration teams who have played way more games than other teams and will be adjusting the playoff seeding accordingly.

So in SNES B for example, unless STL manages to get in a ton of games tonight and actually win as many as CHI, CHI will be getting the #2 seed in the Campbell conference.

You can be upset with our decisions, but despite the records you see on the Standings page, the Playoff seeding will be a much more accurate depiction of the deserved seeding (or at least the three of us think so). There may be some disagreements about it but we're doing the best we can with the hand dealt to us by inactive players. We're sorry about that and will be making changes to improve the league. This is an evolving league and we have been listening to suggestions and will do our best to make things go much more smoothly next time around.

I'll take this as the answer, for now, to my concerns in the "Pokerchamp SNES A playoff odds" thread. Thanks for that thorough explanation. I know that the crazy situation put upon you guys by all of the unplayed games makes things quite skewed and quite difficult.

Guest BSDaemon
Rangers are the best buffalo is a sore loser simple as that! I try playing games but no your always busy and everybody in this league! I was online 48 hours straight on my cell! U called one game pimp then I get home your not there. I im u you dont reply then three times! Your a joke Chicago drop like a baby seal

It's funny because he unblocked me and left me a bunch of obscene messages overnight about how he thinks he's seeded 3rd! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can someone explain to me? The games I didn't had time to play has been Tie or Win, right? Because I arrive in this league on October 29th and in 8 days, I played 20 games.

Some teams like NYR, PHI, DAl, Det, Que, I've never seen them online.

So, we'll dio the playoffs with these final standings?

Guest BSDaemon

:lol:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pittsburgh Penguins SNES B @ Nov 7 2006, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Can someone explain to me? The games I didn't had time to play has been Tie or Win, right? Because I arrive in this league on October 29th and in 8 days, I played 20 games.

Some teams like NYR, PHI, DAl, Det, Que, I've never seen them online.

So, we'll dio the playoffs with these final standings?

RELAX.

It's been stated again and again that the standings that are shown ARE NOT THE STANDINGS THAT WILL BE USED TO MAKE PLAYOFF BRACKETS. (Obviously, or else NYR would be seeded 3rd, which isn't happening... LOL)

Hell, I would have figured if you posted in this thread, you would have at least read it...

RELAX.

I think everyone should take this advice, regardless of what happens. It's a league for fun, it's a work in progress, and the guys who put it all together for you are working very, very hard. I'd like to think that even if adjustments to playoff seedings weren't being made - which only complicates Jacob/Evan/Mat 's lives rather than making things easier - that even the people most outspoken against how FFs/DNPs/0-0s worked this year would be able to relax, let it go, and enjoy themselves. This isn't worth getting miserable over!

Let's play some playoff hockey!