NHL'94 Forums

DNPs and FFs

schwartz

I've seen a few threads popping up about the DNP's and FF's already so I thought I'd make a nice response to it so we can all be love and happiness again B).

Jacob and addisonbr have both done a good job of explaining the process with unplayed games this year, and it's important to again remember that the established DNP/FF system was intended on a much smaller scale rather than being a crutch to help us through the situation we have now where many coaches were not able to play out more than half their games. The system is also meant to reward those who have made an active effort to complete their season, rather than falsely inflating someone's record and point standings. I am sorry that things turned out the way they did this year but I want you to have peace and know that the point standings you see now on the Standings page do not accurately reflect the playoff brackets. I talked briefly with Jacob today and both he and Evan have worked out more appropriate rankings and Jacob indicated that they should be up sometime this week.

I hope that puts some of the unrest to rest and I can promise that no one intends to cheat or rip-off those who have done their part to play out as many games as possible. If there are any further disagreements once the playoff brackets are up you can also post them on the forums or SNES boys can forward them to me. Thankyou and goodnight :P

Edit: Annnnd after reviewing Jacob's post int he other thread I pretty much repeated all his points. At least now you know....x2 :lol: