NHL'94 Forums

Problem with a rule?

Guest rockyrmjc22

Guest rockyrmjc22

Pimp is a great example. We dont have line changes right. It slows down the game then why the hell do I played Pimp in snes b does a edit line changes everytime stop of play (pp, puck off ice, icing, etc..).

Is there anything we can do ! Every stupid play , edit line,editline edit line. I know toronto does it too but not to the extreme that pimp does! its crazy. Does anyone agree with me or am I crazy? I want REPLYs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play Buffalo, I change my lines to make sure lafontaine and mogilny play when i take a penalty and also when somebody gets injured. I changed them back if things return to status quo. Thats it.

I like mogilny on the right more than on the left, but i like mogilny on the left or in the middle more than not at all. I you had a team that went 90+ 90+ 70+ then all 60's and 50's I'm pretty sure you'd milk those two 90's for all their worth. Also I don't see why this has taken over 4 days to come up with we played our games a while ago now.

If i sustain no injuries and take no penalties my lines don't change, but I am gunna put people out if the status quo is not whats happening.

like I said someone did this to me first and I thought it was a good idea.

If i had montreal I wouldn't need to change lines, because the drop in player talent isn't as bad as with buffalo

Pimp is a great example. We dont have line changes right. It slows down the game then why the hell do I played Pimp in snes b does a edit line changes everytime stop of play (pp, puck off ice, icing, etc..).

Is there anything we can do ! Every stupid play , edit line,editline edit line. I know toronto does it too but not to the extreme that pimp does! its crazy. Does anyone agree with me or am I crazy? I want REPLYs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't say you're crazy, but in my opinion editing lines in response to injuries and PPs is well within the bounds of fair play. If a guy is just trying to ensure that a particular player stays on or off the ice, editing the line should be a pretty quick process.

I won't say you're crazy, but in my opinion editing lines in response to injuries and PPs is well within the bounds of fair play. If a guy is just trying to ensure that a particular player stays on or off the ice, editing the line should be a pretty quick process.

I'll agree here...it seems certainly legit. I think anyone should be allowed to replace their player after an injury so that you dont get joe blow out there. However for PP time(because this can happen several times a game) it might become annoying for a lot of people cause everyone will start doing this that hasnt already....perhaps for next time, all injuries can be changed no matter what but for PP/PK they can only make one change per game by using their timeout.

As long as these changes are done during a stoppage..it's all good.

I don't change for pp just to replace guys for pk and injuries and then if that injury / pk ends during the stoppage i'll change it back. It is only done during stoppages and at most will add a minute to the game(if its a crazy injury penalty filled game). I guess he thought i changed for pp because he gets a a penalty when he injures somebody.

If you couldn't edit lines after taking a penalty or incurring an injury, I'd be stuck with Gino Cavallini out on the ice quite a bit, and anyone who has played against me in person knows that I just can't have that!

Gino is the most useless waste of skin in NHL 94. I will stand by that forever. :lol:

WHen you get a pp your lines are the same, when you get a penalty you jsut get your left winger, so I lose mogliny, who i prefer on the right side, but i perefer him over bob errey or dale hawerchuk. AS for injuries and pks they replace whoever got taken off by the next guy in line in that positionm which in my case tends to be alot worse than the best option.

i think a person can change anytime and as much as they want cause alot of times you have players that wont receive pass or there wandering around doing sweet piss all or for instance i like to match up more defensive players against other guys scorers for example if i leave courtnall on against say mogilnyand then mogilny has open lanes but if i put linden against him with diduck on that side it seems to cut chances in half but thats just my crazy thinking ...i change at least 3-4 times for matchups and then a few times for penalties and then theres injuries and matchups for best chance possible so in other words i could care less if the other person is annoyed i just want to win :lol:

Guest BSDaemon

Well yeah, overall I'll change who I want when I want. If you don't like it, you're more then welcome to forefit the game :lol:

On another note... Good to know that on the PK its always your left winger out on the ice, ill probably change my lines when i get a PK then, assuming it would benefit me...

Guest rockyrmjc22

Then lets bring line changes back then ........i understand during penalty killing , timeout and injures but Not every fing time the puck is out of play! It gets crazy. Ever during a power play is stupid. Bring line changes back !

I think this a great idea! Crap teams have more of a chance! The best line cant play all the time. Spread the team around!

The problem is the time only 5 mins but I think a line turns yellow and red in a2min

Guest BSDaemon
Then lets bring line changes back then ........i understand during penalty killing , timeout and injures but Not every fing time the puck is out of play! It gets crazy. Ever during a power play is stupid. Bring line changes back !

I think this a great idea! Crap teams have more of a chance! The best line cant play all the time. Spread the team around!

The problem is the time only 5 mins but I think a line turns yellow and red in a2min

line changes take too long to set up every single game. id rather one single player change his lines all the time, then have to wait for every player in every game to mess with their linuep

rockyrmjc I'm sorry to say that since I'm the person you had a problem with and i only hcnage on injuries and pks you need to read what you've posted. People do not change every play stoppage. They change at the time of the stoppage that forced them to change, and when that thing that forced them to change is no longer applicable.

STOP THE WHINING

NOBODY CHANGES DURING THE PP AND NOBODY CHANGES ALL THE TIME YET YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP